Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Iowa State not the only ones forcing people to buy season tickets for big game tix...

For all the flack we are getting about supposedly forcing the Iowa fans to buy season ticket...well we aren't the only ones.

BIG GAME BLUES / SHUT OUT: Downsized Stanford Stadium means Cal fans need to get creative if they want tickets to hallowed event this year

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

Re: Iowa State not the only ones forcing people to buy season tickets for big game ti

Think of the kids!

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 55

Re: Iowa State not the only ones forcing people to buy season tickets for big game ti

Though the situation is a little different in this case, I see the same attitude here as in our situation. Nobody has the birthright to attend a football game (Cal and EIU fans I'm looking in your general direction), especially one on the road. Visiting fans can pony up and donate to their own school to get at that allotment or buy season tics to the other school. Nobody is locked out if they want in bad enough. In the end, the school can do whatever it wants for it's home games, and they should do what is best for them.

This is certainly not without precedent. I believe Miami does the same thing when Florida State comes to town.

Now then, let me go grab myself a stick, there is a dead horse out back that needs my attention....

Starter
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Has it been reported if the 4,000 $90 ticket allotment to UI have been sold yet?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 27

Until those 4,000 seats are sold Hawk Fan cannot complain. Once those are gone, then they can start whining. But that would be logical and that escapes most hawk fans.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    Until those 4,000 seats are sold Hawk Fan cannot complain. Once those are gone, then they can start whining. But that would be logical and that escapes most hawk fans.

Buddy, there is a LOT of logic in the world that somehow escapes Hawk fans.

Jeffrey A Crawford

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I'm sure there will be some people selling their Iowa game tickets but at a premium I'm sure so it's not like people are getting shut out of this game. You just going to have to pony up some money to see it. It's just any other sporting event that has high demand for tickets. Those seats in Jack Trice will be sold one way or another I bet you that because they did easily before this new policy went into effect.

Addict
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 55

At first I would agree that some people will sell their EIU game tickets at a premium, but upon closer examination, does a market really exist? For an ISU fan, just buy the season ticket and enjoy the season at the Trice instead of paying a huge chunk for one game. As for EIU fans, the ones with money are big enough donors to get visitor's tickets, and the typical tavern hawk certainly doesn't have the bank to buy second-hand tickets at a premium.

I can't imagine a more beautiful sight in the world than a scalper-free parking lot outside the Jack on EIU game day. The stadium filled to the top with ISU season ticket holders who would rather cheer on their team than make a quick buck selling out to a Hawk. Won't happen, but one can dream.