Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Parking Passes

When do parking lot assignments get sent out?

Bought a spot this year and I am curious where I got put.

Starter
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

Re: Parking Passes

Not til August sometime.

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Typically come with the tickets.

Keep an eye out... there WILL be a thread. It's kind of a holiday here when tickets arrive.

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

If you can't wait until your tickets arrive you can call the ticket office and ask where your parking pass is this year. They will know.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 756
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 10

Is it too late to order a parking pass in the donor lots (Cardinal level)? I've never gotten one before and this is my first year of NCC membership.

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,267
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 19

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    Is it too late to order a parking pass in the donor lots (Cardinal level)? I've never gotten one before and this is my first year of NCC membership.

I doubt it. But you might not get a spot within your dono level this year. They might just stick you
    In G-7. Still better than paying $ 15 a pop.

#BEATIOWA

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Call up and ask. Better than sending it in the mail at this point anyway.

I had to switch lots a few years ago, and they were very accomodating.

Addict
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,765
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 29

Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    I doubt it. But you might not get a spot within your dono level this year. They might just stick you
    In G-7. Still better than paying $ 15 a pop.
    Is it?

I've given the contrarian view a couple time on CF forum on this topic and so far no one has convinced (or even attempted to) that I'm wrong.

Our group has never taken advantage of going to the donor lot because to date, no one has provided a convincing argument as to why it is the superior choice.

Granted, it is cheaper. Is it still $50 for entire season? In the pay lot, we have to lay down $15 each time. Advantage donor lot.

Now...here are all the advantages we enjoy.
    * grass lot - so much better when it is hot during early part of season than being on asphalt. Works great for tailgate games too.
    * access - since the grass lots are not right next to the stadium, you're aren't dealing with the post-game traffic congestion to the same degree as the donor lots
    * multiple vehicles - our group meets up (along with a horde of other people that appear to have the same idea) each Saturday at KMART on S Duff) and consolidate supplies so we can bring in the fewest vehicles necessary. But we can still bring in multiple vehicles and thus get several adjoining parking spots next to each other to provide addl tailgating space. Also, no one has to park somewhere else and lug a cooler half way across Story County to join us at our donor spot.
    *All the parking spots are fairly equal, so we're not having to stake out a prime spot and race to get there.
    * during games with teams that tend to travel well, there is a good chance you'll be tailgating next to, or at least nearby, a group from the other school. This often times leads to some interesting interactions/conversations.
    * the woods are nearby in the event the potty line is too long ;)

Finally, it is not like we're paying the $15 each time and it goes into a black hole. It is going to a great cause, right?

Alright, I'll ask this again (although we're too late for this year, but we can always reconsider for next) what are we missing????

CCG

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    Is it?

I've given the contrarian view a couple time on CF forum on this topic and so far no one has convinced (or even attempted to) that I'm wrong.

Our group has never taken advantage of going to the donor lot because to date, no one has provided a convincing argument as to why it is the superior choice.

Granted, it is cheaper. Is it still $50 for entire season? In the pay lot, we have to lay down $15 each time. Advantage donor lot.

* grass lot - so much better when it is hot during early part of season than being on asphalt. Works great for tailgate games too.
    * access - since the grass lots are not right next to the stadium, you're aren't dealing with the post-game traffic congestion to the same degree as the donor lots
    * multiple vehicles - our group meets up (along with a horde of other people that appear to have the same idea) each Saturday at KMART on S Duff) and consolidate supplies so we can bring in the fewest vehicles necessary. But we can still bring in multiple vehicles and thus get several adjoining parking spots next to each other to provide addl tailgating space. Also, no one has to park somewhere else and lug a cooler half way across Story County to join us at our donor spot.
    *All the parking spots are fairly equal, so we're not having to stake out a prime spot and race to get there.
    * during games with teams that tend to travel well, there is a good chance you'll be tailgating next to, or at least nearby, a group from the other school. This often times leads to some interesting interactions/conversations.

Finally, it is not like we're paying the $15 each time and it goes into a black hole. It is going to a great cause, right?

Alright, I'll ask this again (although we're too late for this year, but we can always reconsider for next) what are we missing????
    Asphalt when it's pouring rain.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

you also get undercover cops (probably doesn't matter for you) and most likely a longer walk

@LeSchmick

XBox Live: Le Schmick

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46

I have a buddy that lives on Cessna. Best parking ever.

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Is it?

G7

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Is it?

North lots, west side where you can watch the college students walking through the lots on their way to wherever they're going.

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,267
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 19

2 years ago they had to close off half the grass parking spots due to lots of rain. We like grass too. Good thing we get both over in A- 2 and most other donor parking spots as long as you get there fairly early.

#BEATIOWA

Speechless
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 10

Call the ticket office and ask, they will get you a pass if you are a NCC member. It might not be in the cardinal lots, but you will get something.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775