Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 45,672, Level: 66
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,278
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    psychlone99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    874
    Points
    45,672
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 19

    Refrigerator service recommendations

    I have a Kenmore side-by-side (no more than 5 years old, was purchased with the house) that isnít properly cooling the refrigerator side. I think there are thermostat-controlled diffusers that draw the cold air from the freezer, but Iím not touching them. My fridge trouble-shooting ability consists of making sure the coils are clean and the seals arenít cracked, and everything checks out okay there.

    I need some service recommendations for the Ankeny area. I called Sears since they sell Kenmore, but they canít come out until next Wednesday.

    Thanks in advance!



  2. #2
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Refrigerator service recommendations

    Maybe Stogdill's? I got my Amana appliances there which is a Whirlpool company and I think Kenmore is made by Whirlpool as well.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,269, Level: 62
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bondurant, IA
    Posts
    3,598
    Points
    41,269
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

    Re: Refrigerator service recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by psychlone99 View Post
    I have a Kenmore side-by-side (no more than 5 years old, was purchased with the house) that isnít properly cooling the refrigerator side. I think there are thermostat-controlled diffusers that draw the cold air from the freezer, but Iím not touching them. My fridge trouble-shooting ability consists of making sure the coils are clean and the seals arenít cracked, and everything checks out okay there.

    I need some service recommendations for the Ankeny area. I called Sears since they sell Kenmore, but they canít come out until next Wednesday.

    Thanks in advance!

    Call Greene Appliance in Ankeny.

    Just had a problem with my Fridge and they were there the next day. They were the cheapest of the 3 places I called.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 45,672, Level: 66
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,278
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    psychlone99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    874
    Points
    45,672
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 19

    Re: Refrigerator service recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by HandSanitizer View Post
    Call Greene Appliance in Ankeny.

    Just had a problem with my Fridge and they were there the next day. They were the cheapest of the 3 places I called.
    Done. They were able to come tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation!



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 17,509, Level: 40
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    931
    Points
    17,509
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Refrigerator service recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Maybe Stogdill's? I got my Amana appliances there which is a Whirlpool company and I think Kenmore is made by Whirlpool as well.
    Stogdill's closed over 6 months ago. I also, would recommend Green's.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,269, Level: 62
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bondurant, IA
    Posts
    3,598
    Points
    41,269
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

    Re: Refrigerator service recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by psychlone99 View Post
    Done. They were able to come tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Sweet...If it happens to be a guy name Paul...
    Tell him thanks from the guy in Bondurant he helped out last week....



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM