Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

Milwaukee Game Watches

I just moved to Milwaukee from the Twin Cities. I was very active with the Alumni Assoc. in the Twin Cities and noticed that the Milwaukee club hasn't been active recently. I was thinking of setting up a game watch this fall, but need some suggestions for good local bars/restaurants that I could approach. If you're from Milwaukee, would this be of interest to you?

Thanks for your help.

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 864
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 50

Re: Milwaukee Game Watches

Quote Originally Posted by jl112481 View Post
    I just moved to Milwaukee from the Twin Cities. I was very active with the Alumni Assoc. in the Twin Cities and noticed that the Milwaukee club hasn't been active recently. I was thinking of setting up a game watch this fall, but need some suggestions for good local bars/restaurants that I could approach. If you're from Milwaukee, would this be of interest to you?

Thanks for your help.
    There doesn't seem to be much alumni activity in MKE... My mother-in-law lives there and we usually end up spending time there (part of our annual Wisco, Minne, Iowa family tour) during bowl season. Last year I contacted the Alumni Association to inquire about a game watch for the Insight.com Bowl and there was nothing going on. It'd be great if you could get something started. I'll PM you the contact info I found last December.

Pro
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNCyclone View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much alumni activity in MKE... My mother-in-law lives there and we usually end up spending time there (part of our annual Wisco, Minne, Iowa family tour) during bowl season. Last year I contacted the Alumni Association to inquire about a game watch for the Insight.com Bowl and there was nothing going on. It'd be great if you could get something started. I'll PM you the contact info I found last December.
    My neighbor (ISU alum too) and I would probably come. In WI, about the only ISU stuff going on is a game watch in Madison once a year. Be nice to have somewhere to go watch ISU games, because unless you have satellite, your SOL unless it is on Fox or Big 10 Network around here.

If I have in on my cable, I wouldn't be opposed to have a few cyclones over, but if I have it, you'll probably have it too and want to stay home.

Finding a bar/restaurant is the challenge. Its Badger country up here. Hell, even Marquette and University of Wisconsin Milwaukee have identity crises up here.

Last edited by twistedredbird; 07-28-2010 at 01:50 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Funny you should ask. I have been working with the Alumni Association to set up a game watch.

The first will be Sept. 2nd at Karma Bar and Grill on the East side. Let me know if you have questions.

All-Star
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Karma is also a "Husker" bar so they pick up the Fox Midwest feed. Regardless, they are one of the few places in the area that gets the Fox package. Great Sports bar.

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 11

I spent a weekend many years ago with my wife in Milwaukee. It happened to be the ISU/Nebraska football game weekend (in Lincoln). We asked the hotel if there was a good sports bar to watch the game. The mentioned a bar I think on Water Street that end up being a giant hole in the wall. Was kind of like a basement of a building with very little furniture and a crap load of TVs.

It also happened to be where the Nebraska Cornhusker Alumni Association meets to watch games. We walked in wearing our ISU gear and it was kind of like the road trip/bar scene from Animal House. The fans were actually pretty nice especially since it was back in the days when most ISU/NU games were over in the first quarter, but it was a little awkward walking in.