Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 0

Ragbrai Questions

I'm riding the end of the ride starting tomorrow. I've never done this before so this will be a nice taste of ragbrai.

Does anyone know what time the Baggage Truck leaves the overnight town for the next overnight town? I want to know how soon I need to get my bags onboard.

Also, can I leave a bag on the truck for more than 1 overnight town? In other words, can a bag ride for several days without anyone getting it?

How do i know where the events will be in each overnight town? It seems some camping sites may be very far from the music\expo area. I'm particularly interested in knowing where the Nadas are playing in Manchester.

Thanks!!!!

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Ragbrai Questions

They take the bags out of the truck and you pick up your bag from the pile and then return to truck next morning. I would be a little concerned leaving my bag sitting out at night. RE: the events, usually you can't miss them.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Pro
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

General information | RAGBRAI

Baggage Transport
    The baggage tag permits you to put your bag on RAGBRAI’s baggage semitruck. Your bag must be clearly marked and can be claimed only by showing that the number on your wristband matches the number on your baggage tag.
    Daily riders must write their wristband number(s) on their baggage tag.
    Although each rider is allowed one large, soft texture bag, you may bundle or strap together a tent, sleeping bag or duffel bag and count it as one. We cannot accept wood or hard plastic luggage or bike cases. Bags should weigh no more than 40 pounds. Your baggage may be exposed to the elements after overloading, so please pack items accordingly.
    Be sure to have your gear at the RAGBRAI baggage semitruck by 8 a.m. You will need to walk your baggage onto the truck in the mornings, however, your baggage will be unloaded for you in the afternoons. A horn will sound 15 minutes before leaving time. The trucks will load where they unloaded the day before. We will not be responsible for baggage left at the semitruck in the mornings before it is open nor after 6 p.m. Baggage security is provided from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. only.

Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    I'm riding the end of the ride starting tomorrow. I've never done this before so this will be a nice taste of ragbrai.

Does anyone know what time the Baggage Truck leaves the overnight town for the next overnight town? I want to know how soon I need to get my bags onboard.

Also, can I leave a bag on the truck for more than 1 overnight town? In other words, can a bag ride for several days without anyone getting it?

How do i know where the events will be in each overnight town? It seems some camping sites may be very far from the music\expo area. I'm particularly interested in knowing where the Nadas are playing in Manchester.

Thanks!!!!
    There are signs everywhere saying where stuff is at. Generally, everything is downtown.
    My top 6 'must stop' places to eat along the route;
    Breakfast- either Chris Cakes or Farm Boy Burritos
    Lunch- Mr. Pork Chop, Tender Tom's Turkey legs, or Pastafari
    Late Afternoon snack- the homemade ice cream guy

oh, and any for dinner, any church that is serving a meal. 80 yr old woman sure know how to cook and they make a mean pie!

Addict
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 989
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by psycln11 View Post
    General information | RAGBRAI

Baggage Transport
    The baggage tag permits you to put your bag on RAGBRAI’s baggage semitruck. Your bag must be clearly marked and can be claimed only by showing that the number on your wristband matches the number on your baggage tag.
    Daily riders must write their wristband number(s) on their baggage tag.
    Although each rider is allowed one large, soft texture bag, you may bundle or strap together a tent, sleeping bag or duffel bag and count it as one. We cannot accept wood or hard plastic luggage or bike cases. Bags should weigh no more than 40 pounds. Your baggage may be exposed to the elements after overloading, so please pack items accordingly.
    Be sure to have your gear at the RAGBRAI baggage semitruck by 8 a.m. You will need to walk your baggage onto the truck in the mornings, however, your baggage will be unloaded for you in the afternoons. A horn will sound 15 minutes before leaving time. The trucks will load where they unloaded the day before. We will not be responsible for baggage left at the semitruck in the mornings before it is open nor after 6 p.m. Baggage security is provided from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. only.
    Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Walk On
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The entertainment in Waterloo tomorrow night is OUTSTANDING.

5:00-7:30- Arch Allies- A Journey/Styx/REO Speedwagon Tribute Band based out of Minneapolis. I have seen them many times and it seems to me their show gets better each and every time. Their lead singer is out of this world good.

8:00-9:45- The Fab Four- A Beatles Tribute Band. Robert Zemeckis is remaking 'Yellow Submarine' and he cast these guys as The Beatles. Full costumes. Hosted by 'Ed Sullivan'

10:00-Midnight- KISS Mania- I am not much of a KISS fan, but I am told these guys put on a great show. Headlined My Waterloo Days.

If you are near Waterloo, you have to get to this event. It will be a GREAT night!

Addict
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 989
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BCPanther View Post
    The entertainment in Waterloo tomorrow night is OUTSTANDING.

5:00-7:30- Arch Allies- A Journey/Styx/REO Speedwagon Tribute Band based out of Minneapolis. I have seen them many times and it seems to me their show gets better each and every time. Their lead singer is out of this world good.

8:00-9:45- The Fab Four- A Beatles Tribute Band. Robert Zemeckis is remaking 'Yellow Submarine' and he cast these guys as The Beatles. Full costumes. Hosted by 'Ed Sullivan'

10:00-Midnight- KISS Mania- I am not much of a KISS fan, but I am told these guys put on a great show. Headlined My Waterloo Days.

If you are near Waterloo, you have to get to this event. It will be a GREAT night!
    Does this stuff take place on the South Side of 20 near the campgrounds or into the downtown area?

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Walk On
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Its all at the campground area.

Downtown just has a couple of local bands that, IMO, are not even in the top 10 of Waterloo area bands...