Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92

Thread: Dyson Vacuum

  1. #1
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 580,861, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,039
    Points
    580,861
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 20

    Dyson Vacuum

    Curious if anyone else has one of these.

    My wife gave birth to our first child this past week, and in the midst of the drastic upheaval of life change, I realized that I suddenly cared about the quality of my vacuum cleaner. Scratch that. My wife informed me that I now care about the quality of my vacuum cleaner and that terms like "Hepa filter" should actually mean something to me now. Anyway, today we made an investment in a Dyson. I say investment, because we spent about $500 on it. My wife had done a bunch of research and determined that this was the one she wanted. It took a little convincing, but I caved as soon as the "for the child's health" card was played.

    Long story short, my skepticism was overcome about 6 seconds after we got it plugged in and I started to see what this thing was pulling out of our living room carpet. We had vacuumed with our old POS no more than a week prior, and the carpet appeared to be in a pretty good state, but based on the stuff appearing in the Dyson's collection unit, you would have thought we never vacuumed at all. It was pretty disturbing to see everything that our old vacuum had been missing.

    So, in the end I am still a little unsure about dropping 500 bucks on a vacuum, but I don't feel too bad about it, because of the results that I've seen so far. Never thought I'd ever spend so much time thinking about a vacuum cleaner.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 13,285, Level: 34
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    702
    Points
    13,285
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Curious if anyone else has one of these.

    My wife gave birth to our first child this past week, and in the midst of the drastic upheaval of life change, I realized that I suddenly cared about the quality of my vacuum cleaner. Scratch that. My wife informed me that I now care about the quality of my vacuum cleaner and that terms like "Hepa filter" should actually mean something to me now. Anyway, today we made an investment in a Dyson. I say investment, because we spent about $500 on it. My wife had done a bunch of research and determined that this was the one she wanted. It took a little convincing, but I caved as soon as the "for the child's health" card was played.

    Long story short, my skepticism was overcome about 6 seconds after we got it plugged in and I started to see what this thing was pulling out of our living room carpet. We had vacuumed with our old POS no more than a week prior, and the carpet appeared to be in a pretty good state, but based on the stuff appearing in the Dyson's collection unit, you would have thought we never vacuumed at all. It was pretty disturbing to see everything that our old vacuum had been missing.

    So, in the end I am still a little unsure about dropping 500 bucks on a vacuum, but I don't feel too bad about it, because of the results that I've seen so far. Never thought I'd ever spend so much time thinking about a vacuum cleaner.
    Took me about the same 6 seconds to see what an amazing job it did. And 6 months later, I'm still feeling pretty good about the investment.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 631,616, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    22,240
    Points
    631,616
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 428
    Given: 34

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    My wife gave birth to our first child this past week,
    Grats!!

    If Jesus used a vacuum I assume it'd be a Dyson, they're well worth it.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 29,094, Level: 52
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    ThatllDoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,915
    Points
    29,094
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 37

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    If my wife reads this I am screwed.


    "I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice."

    -Humpty

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 631,616, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    22,240
    Points
    631,616
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 428
    Given: 34

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    We vacuumed with our old vacuum then immediately with the Dyson and it was sick how much **** it pulled up.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 71,175, Level: 82
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    brokenloginagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,952
    Points
    71,175
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    can't go wrong with a dyson. we got the mini one for $300 or so at best buy and hate to say it, but it was worth it.



  7. #7
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,511, Level: 32
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    245
    Points
    11,511
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    Had ours for 2 years. Best vacumn we've ever had.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    get an oreck.they r the best in the business.


    doc

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 46,879, Level: 66
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,597
    Points
    46,879
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    Agreed. Same stories as above. Thankfully the gf likes the white noise of the fan or we'd be getting a 400 dollar dyson fan as well...



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 447,545, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,325
    Points
    447,545
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 9

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    Quote Originally Posted by thisISnextyear View Post
    Took me about the same 6 seconds to see what an amazing job it did. And 6 months later, I'm still feeling pretty good about the investment.
    6 years later, we are still impressed.

    Side note, you have to clean the filter out every 6 months. You don't think it is doing anything but after a while it gradually quits picking up dust. Once you clean the filter it is like a brand new unit.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 80,727, Level: 88
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,223
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,616
    Points
    80,727
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    We got the Dyson Animal Ball and I must say that it does an incredible job at dog hair. If you have a dog, you need one of these. They also work wonders on car interiors. Now if they only made carpet cleaners as our Bissell is a POS.

    If you are in the market for one, I'd suggest finding a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond (we somehow get them in the mail bi-weekly). They usually have it listed for about $20 more, but it ends up being about $100 cheaper than most everywhere else.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,215, Level: 76
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,544
    Points
    61,215
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 33

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    dyson is amazing


    John Walters is my hero

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 82,739, Level: 89
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,011
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    4,921
    Points
    82,739
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 237

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    Had our's for about 2 yrs. I thought my wife was nuts. I about locked her in the upstairs of the garage after she bought one. Turns out this is the only time I've been wrong in this relationship.


    Are you a member?

  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,203, Level: 31
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    nwiafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hawarden
    Posts
    232
    Points
    11,203
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    I was looking and ended up getting a Shark Navigator (I couldn't bring myself to spend $500 on a vaccum). My wife and I love the Navigator, it does a better job than a dyson as we borrowed our friends and we spent less than half ($200).

    If you want a great vaccum and want to spend less, pick the Navigator, you won't be disapointed.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 8,193, Level: 27
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    conmebol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    417
    Points
    8,193
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Dyson Vacuum

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    We got the Dyson Animal Ball and I must say that it does an incredible job at dog hair. If you have a dog, you need one of these. They also work wonders on car interiors. Now if they only made carpet cleaners as our Bissell is a POS.

    If you are in the market for one, I'd suggest finding a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond (we somehow get them in the mail bi-weekly). They usually have it listed for about $20 more, but it ends up being about $100 cheaper than most everywhere else.
    Or get it at kohls, they have 30% coupon every month and you can find out what the code is at slickdeals or fatwallet. But for the dyson, it work great for me too. I got it long time ago when you can stack 30%/20%/15% discount for about 45% discount at kohls.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM