Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 0

HCG diet....

This outta be fun...

Started the HCG diet a little over 1 week ago. My protocol is a sublingual HCG tab 6 days a week with a low calorie diet (around 800 cal/day). Initial food list is pretty limited but nothing too different than an Atkins thing.

Anyway, I'm impressed thus far. I'm losing (peeing some of it) a little over a pound a day. Before someone tells me its just water weight, obviously some of it is but I also track my fat percentage on my home scale and have found a steady drop in the reported fat percentage.

Certain things are very similar to Atkins or Protein Power but some very different. I wouldn't call this a high protein diet as I only get 7 oz precooked a day but it is low carb. I had the initial brain fog on day 4 but awoke the next day fresh, clean, clear and energized.

I have 2 goals - drop to around 180 pounds (currently at 200) but most importantly get my blood numbers back in shape. While my tris are high, I was most worried about my insulin/glucose response.

For those that just say eat right and exercise - well that does work for some people. I've never weighed more than 215 but its really taking a toll on my 46 yr. old body. I'm fighting genetics and age and psychology and physiology. While I've always been somewhat active, the psychology of seeing a rapidly slimming physique can do nothing but great things.

In a nutshell - its been working for me. No hunger or any other issues other than fitting in pants I haven't been in for a while.

To you guys that have never had any kinds of weight issues, f off!

Once I hit my goal weight I'll post my speedo picture.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,368
    Given: 263

Re: HCG diet....

********. I don't know how any intelligent person could think this is a good idea. Starve yourself and take a supplement to trick your body into thinking your not starving, brilliant!

After the speedo pic make sure to post again when you gain the weight back.

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneCY View Post
    This outta be fun...

Started the HCG diet a little over 1 week ago. My protocol is a sublingual HCG tab 6 days a week with a low calorie diet (around 800 cal/day). Initial food list is pretty limited but nothing too different than an Atkins thing.

Anyway, I'm impressed thus far. I'm losing (peeing some of it) a little over a pound a day. Before someone tells me its just water weight, obviously some of it is but I also track my fat percentage on my home scale and have found a steady drop in the reported fat percentage.

Certain things are very similar to Atkins or Protein Power but some very different. I wouldn't call this a high protein diet as I only get 7 oz precooked a day but it is low carb. I had the initial brain fog on day 4 but awoke the next day fresh, clean, clear and energized.

I have 2 goals - drop to around 180 pounds (currently at 200) but most importantly get my blood numbers back in shape. While my tris are high, I was most worried about my insulin/glucose response.

For those that just say eat right and exercise - well that does work for some people. I've never weighed more than 215 but its really taking a toll on my 46 yr. old body. I'm fighting genetics and age and psychology and physiology. While I've always been somewhat active, the psychology of seeing a rapidly slimming physique can do nothing but great things.

In a nutshell - its been working for me. No hunger or any other issues other than fitting in pants I haven't been in for a while.

To you guys that have never had any kinds of weight issues, f off!

Once I hit my goal weight I'll post my speedo picture.
    As a roommate of a couple personal trainers and hearing entirely too much about nutrition on a daily basis, be careful coming off this diet. Your body will probably be in somewhat of a starvation mode and store any excess calories as fat immediately because it is not expecting to get those extra calories in the future.

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 15

But yes, I think all nutritionists and trainers would advise that this diet is a bad idea to begin with.

Starter
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

Using a supplement to lose 20 lbs is just lazy. Not to mention you will just gain the weight back once you go off of it.

XBOX Live Gamertag: Mr Slip Wiggles

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Not to mention you will just gain the weight back once you go off of it.
    This is exactly what will happen. Obviously this "diet" isn't a sustainable lifestyle, it doesn't teach you habits that you will be able to continue on a regular basis, so when it's over, here comes Chunky!

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 99

Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    ********. I don't know how any intelligent person could think this is a good idea. Starve yourself and take a supplement to trick your body into thinking your not starving, brilliant!

After the speedo pic make sure to post again when you gain the weight back.
    I did a 1000 cal diet that worked really well. Cut out the caffeine...drink plenty of water...workout and eat small meals every 2 to 2.5 hours. I dropped nearly a pound a day as well. Unfortunately it didn't stay off!

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 198

An 800 calorie a day "diet" with low carbs is irresponsible and you will suffer muscle loss as well as fat loss. The brain needs carbs, as well as the body for energy.
    People who go on these mystical plans need them for entertainment to keep their attention, as the next shiny thing.
    Eating right and exercising is too boring I guess. No one said it's easy, either.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I did a 1000 cal diet that worked really well. Cut out the caffeine...drink plenty of water...workout and eat small meals every 2 to 2.5 hours. I dropped nearly a pound a day as well. Unfortunately it didn't stay off!
    Shocking!

I'm not saying this "diet" won't work, obviously you'll lose weight if you starve yourself.

Legend
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 701
    Given: 331

I'm a sport trainer and would not recommend this diet. Using a weight loss supplement isn't a long term solution. After you stop, your weight will more than likely go right back to where it was, as is the same with any type of sports/diet supplements.
    It's best to make lifestyle changes, if you want long term health benefits.

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Legend
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 535

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Jacobs View Post
    Using a supplement to lose 20 lbs is just lazy. Not to mention you will just gain the weight back once you go off of it.

Not always. It can give some folks a starting from zero type ambition. My problem right now is getting the belly fat off, its hard friggen work and I would love to be able to start from zero again. I would maintain that. HCG scares me though. Messing with the body bodies natural workings is a scary though.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Not always. It can give some folks a starting from zero type ambition. My problem right now is getting the belly fat off, its hard friggen work and I would love to be able to start from zero again. I would maintain that. HCG scares me though. Messing with the body bodies natural workings is a scary though.
    It is hard work, I've lost 45 pounds since March and I'm not where I'd like to be, but my diet is something that I'm completely comfortable with and can live with for a long time. It's definitely a long haul, but if you can stick with it for a couple weeks you'll see results that make you want to stick it out longer.

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 4

From what I know about HCG is that pregnant women have that hormone, and that it has also been linked to Tumors as well (not 100% sure)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    It is hard work, I've lost 45 pounds since March and I'm not where I'd like to be, but my diet is something that I'm completely comfortable with and can live with for a long time. It's definitely a long haul, but if you can stick with it for a couple weeks you'll see results that make you want to stick it out longer.
    Well, you're ahead of 95% of people who have a goal in sight. Impatience is the worst thing you can have when it comes to losing weight. There is no good, sustainable way to lose weight (short of surgery) in a hurry, and diet pills will only be effective if you feel like using them the rest of your life.

Pro
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,245
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by cycopath25 View Post
    From what I know about HCG is that pregnant women have that hormone, and that it has also been linked to Tumors as well (not 100% sure)
    That was my first thought: hGC is what pregnancy tests detect.

For the average person, ANY diet under 1200 calories is going to be unsustainable and generally unhealthy. Your body needs a minimum number of calories for basic functioning. Obviously, some can get away with a smaller amount, but for the long-term it's not advised.

FTR, I'm not a nutritionist, but I am female and therefore have been on just about every diet known to man. The one that's worked the best? Limiting my calories (not excessively - anywhere from 1500-2000/day depending on my desired weight loss goals) via healthier food choices and exercise.