Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 146

HS Football

okay so i was reading Iowa Preps and i was reading on one subject that involved Woodward Academy... to make it a long story short they had been practicing in full pads since mid june.. now in my book that school is supposed to be making them better people and can go out in the community and be involved in a good way.. not being above the law and claiming "they didn't know" about the rule...

in any other school district those kids would be declared ineligible because of what they did.. don't get me wrong i think that some of those kids are good kids and maybe just got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.. what are your guys' thoughts on this?

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: HS Football

ya its probably unfair to some degree but you also have to look at it as a way for them to build themselves by using teamwork and discipline. personally, as long as they are doing something constructive that will benefit them later in life (ie, the movie longest yard), im all for it. these kids also probably havent been eating and breathing sports since they were younger like most of their competition. this probably makes it more fair than it actually gives them advantage

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,465
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 103

Re: HS Football

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFB View Post
    okay so i was reading Iowa Preps and i was reading on one subject that involved Woodward Academy... to make it a long story short they had been practicing in full pads since mid june.. now in my book that school is supposed to be making them better people and can go out in the community and be involved in a good way.. not being above the law and claiming "they didn't know" about the rule...

in any other school district those kids would be declared ineligible because of what they did.. don't get me wrong i think that some of those kids are good kids and maybe just got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.. what are your guys' thoughts on this?
    I don't have a problem with them practicing all summer, but the pad thing bugs me a little...

Walking on water is easy. Just do it in December when it's frozen.