Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 140,415, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Psyclone Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    42°00'50"N 93°
    Posts
    3,835
    Points
    140,415
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 49

    This gets me so pumped!!!

    This awesome reverse play is from the 2002 Iowa State vs. Texas Tech football game. And what a 3rd qtr. it was!!!
    Just 6 min. earlier it was Wallace on "the Run"!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84bhERRYqlg&feature=related"]YouTube - Lane Danielson amazing reverse[/ame]



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 38,058, Level: 60
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Me State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    1,941
    Points
    38,058
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 0

    Thumbs up Re: This gets me so pumped!!!

    Im just going to head to Jack Trice now and wait in my seats.



  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 10,023, Level: 30
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    208
    Points
    10,023
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: This gets me so pumped!!!

    Nice find my friend! makes me want to tailgate tonight! +1



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 57,815, Level: 74
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,934
    Points
    57,815
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 49

    Re: This gets me so pumped!!!

    love the crowd roar as he busts free.. cant wait for football



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,204, Level: 77
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,046
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,634
    Points
    62,204
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 160

    Re: This gets me so pumped!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone Brian View Post
    This awesome reverse play is from the 2002 Iowa State vs. Texas Tech football game. And what a 3rd qtr. it was!!!
    Just 6 min. earlier it was Wallace on "the Run"!
    YouTube - Lane Danielson amazing reverse
    First, I loved that game, and being there in person, my blood was surging during the play.

    But God dammit, we have run that very play at least 1,000 times since and not once has it netted anywhere near that kind of success. It's to the point I'm almost sorry Lane scored there, because everyone on the planet knows what it looks like now.


    John Walters is my hero

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 131,103, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    131,103
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 0

    Re: This gets me so pumped!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    we have run that very play at least 1,000 times since and not once has it netted anywhere near that kind of success. It's to the point I'm almost sorry Lane scored there, because everyone on the planet knows what it looks like now.
    It only netted a long gain twice: Danielsen (2002 vs. Tech) and Moses (2000 at Iowa).

    From 2002-04, WR were credited with 39 rush attempts. (That includes laterals and backward passes).
    For 2005-09, that total is down to 20.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 285,501, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,294
    Points
    285,501
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,294
    Given: 2,341

    Re: This gets me so pumped!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    First, I loved that game, and being there in person, my blood was surging during the play.

    But God dammit, we have run that very play at least 1,000 times since and not once has it netted anywhere near that kind of success. It's to the point I'm almost sorry Lane scored there, because everyone on the planet knows what it looks like now.
    I think it is actually too long ago for today's players to really take it into account. That was two coaching staffs ago.

    Actually if everyone knows about it, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Watching for a reverse forces the backside pursuit to stay at home and can help you on the other 90% of plays that aren't misdirection plays.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 11:00 AM