Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,410
    Given: 695

Garrett leads team to CCL title, other honored

News/notes from the 2010 version of the Cap City League...Ejim & Palo MVP's etc.

Iowa State Basketball: Cyclones rack up honors at YMCA Capital City League | Cyclone Fanatic

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 635
    Given: 1,943

Re: Garrett leads team to CCL title, other honored

Nice to see Ejim getting MVP. Also, I like the progress Bubu Palo is showing. I can hardly wait for bball to start.

"Just remember, what you choose to do with each day is very important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it" -ET

"I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff in my life, but there is a definite learning curve." -CE

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 605
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 73

Chris, i dont mean to be a jerk, but does this really mean or forecast anything? We have heard about the CCL for years and it doesnt seem to mean much come bball season.

"Has Paul Rhoads run out of gas? Is this the year we lay an egg?" 5/18/2012 5:52 A.M.

Publisher
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,410
    Given: 695

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    Chris, i dont mean to be a jerk, but does this really mean or forecast anything? We have heard about the CCL for years and it doesnt seem to mean much come bball season.
    Probably not but I look at it this way. Big 12 players SHOULD be dominating this like. If they weren't, we'd know that we have a problem.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Probably not but I look at it this way. Big 12 players SHOULD be dominating this like. If they weren't, we'd know that we have a problem.
    Exactly.

All-Star
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 409

During the past 2 years, I can easily say that ISU players were not dominating. They showed some good spots, but they were not dominating on a consistent basis. Wesley was dominating and so was Mike Taylor, but that was the last I remember. Brackins had his moments, but he rarely got the ball in position. Palo also had his moments, but I wouldn't say he overpowered anybody.

Every summer I walk away impressed with Drake's kids. Strangely, I never saw much this year that got me excited about the Drake kids. Of course I never saw their new big time recruit this year.

Prospect
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone1975 View Post
    Strangely, I never saw much this year that got me excited about the Drake kids.
    There'a actually a real good reason for that. For the most part, the Drake players weren't there. Only 1 Drake player played in more than half of his team's games, and that was 6 games out of 10. Only two others played in 5 of the 10 games.

The other 10 players all played in 4 games or less. The average Drake player played in less than 1/3 of his team's summer league games......and most of the games played by Drake's guys were at the beginning of the summer. In the last 4 dates of the summer league, there were 3 where not a single Drake scholarship player was there, including the first day of the playoffs, and only 3 were there for the semi-finals and championship.

I don't know why the Drake guys weren't there much, but that probably explains why you didn't really have any of the Drake guys impress you. They weren't there.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by DUBulldog View Post
    There'a actually a real good reason for that. For the most part, the Drake players weren't there. Only 1 Drake player played in more than half of his team's games, and that was 6 games out of 10. Only two others played in 5 of the 10 games.

The other 10 players all played in 4 games or less. The average Drake player played in less than 1/3 of his team's summer league games......and most of the games played by Drake's guys were at the beginning of the summer. In the last 4 dates of the summer league, there were 3 where not a single Drake scholarship player was there, including the first day of the playoffs, and only 3 were there for the semi-finals and championship.

I don't know why the Drake guys weren't there much, but that probably explains why you didn't really have any of the Drake guys impress you. They weren't there.
    I really think Drake fans will enjoy watching Kurt Alexander play the next two years. I saw several games he played when he was at Iowa Central and the one game I remember most was when he scored 43 points against Kirkwood. Kurt is the one current Drake player that impressed me in the Cap City League.