Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 46

Ghost Hunter TV shows

I'm watching one of these right now and is there anyone out there that believes these? I just find them humorous when they bring in these so called "investigators" to look over these locations. I've been in a so called haunted location in my home town with a few of my friends in my high school days and I just laugh at all of the people who are scared. I guess I will only believe if I ever actually experience something. Is there anyone out there who has actually had a so called paranormal experience?

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Ghost Hunter TV shows

My house has had a bunch of things happen, there used to be a hallway where every time you walked down it the hair on the back of your neck would stand up, my dad has seen people in one of our upstairs windows and we've actually heard a voice on a couple of occasions, but nothing harmful. But we had a close family friend die and nothing has happened in the 10 or so years since. So I don't know how real that show is, but I have experienced things like it.

By the way, the hallway was when I was like 6, and I always hated walking down that hallway because I just felt very uncomfortable, and I felt like someone was watching me, in addition to the hair standing up, but I only found out years later that everyone else felt that way when we got to talking about it, so it wasn't just a mental thing.

All-Star
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 550
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

If your a non believer I say you check out vilisca Iowa. Pretty cool story and opportunity if you want to "test" your theory of whether or not supernatural is real. As far as having so called haunted locations in your hometown, I think every small town in Iowa has one building that is labeled haunted that usually fails to live up to its hype. I don't know though, maybe they are.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,307
    Given: 639

Most of the ghost hunter shows are really silly. After watching a couple hundred episodes, I think I've only seen three or four instances that were truly strange or spooky.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 262

Quote Originally Posted by IowaStateClones View Post
    I'm watching one of these right now and is there anyone out there that believes these? I just find them humorous when they bring in these so called "investigators" to look over these locations. I've been in a so called haunted location in my home town with a few of my friends in my high school days and I just laugh at all of the people who are scared. I guess I will only believe if I ever actually experience something. Is there anyone out there who has actually had a so called paranormal experience?
    I used to enjoy watching, but after a while it just got boring. Every episode started following the same pattern:

That thingy lights up when they talk to it, a couples times they think they hear voices and jump up and yell "WHAT'S THAT!" And they see something move in the shadows.

It just got old.

Starter
    Thumbs Up

this girl i used to hang out with believes in that stuff. She would call 2 in the morning ( we lived down the street from each other) to go ghost hunting in the woods. Originally i thought it sex would be involved.....but no, she had ghost wands and it was an hour or 2 walking around in the forest doing jack ****. If she wasn't so hot i wouldn't of put up with it, but she had some screws loose. oh if you want to know what ghost wands look like...its a branch.....

Addict
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,963
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 59

Quote Originally Posted by IowaStateClones View Post
    I can't take these types of shows, Ghost Hunters, Monster Quest, etc. Seems we have even better faked photos from the 1800s than we do now with modern photoshop. "did you hear that, did you hear that?" Then they all take off running down a hall to find nothing, from a sound that I didn't hear. With todays technology, they are either not trying to catch anything or it doesn't exist. I feel pretty strongly that it's the latter. Basically, these are TV shows that get ratings because they are the modern equivalent to old campfire ghost stories. They are suspenseful, yet in the end, nothing.

People want to believe though and that's what keeps this business thriving. Although I will give credit to one show I watched, sorry, don't remember the name, but they went in looking for ghosts. But in the end, found that the house had a faulty furnace, that made a ton of noise when it kicked on and leaching carbon monoxide into their kids bedroom who was right above it. They didn't find any ghosts, but probably saved that kids life.

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,400
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 73

Ghost Adventures is better, I have some equipment like digital recorders, IR/UV digital cameras, and IR Video cameras. I have visited places in Deadwood, SD, some old farms that were abondoned and have gotten some spooky ****. GA is on Travel Channel on Fridays at 8 and 9. If you are open to believing you'll get some stuff others wouldn't.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,036
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 13

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxfYboN0_LA]YouTube - South Park Ghost Hunters.[/ame]

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 234
    Given: 572

I'm a believer, though I can't say I've ever had a personal experience. I think that "Ghost Hunters" is legit, and I think they perform a good service, especially for home owners that are having problems. I wish they had cameras mounted to their heads somehow, because they seem to see things sometimes that the cameramen don't catch.

"Just remember, what you choose to do with each day is very important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it" -ET

"I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff in my life, but there is a definite learning curve." -CE

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 46

Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
    I'm a believer, though I can't say I've ever had a personal experience. I think that "Ghost Hunters" is legit, and I think they perform a good service, especially for home owners that are having problems. I wish they had cameras mounted to their heads somehow, because they seem to see things sometimes that the cameramen don't catch.
    haha

Starter
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 644
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3

I have experienced some things when i was younger but nothing to serious. When i was a little kid i was sleeping in my room and my door kept opening and closing my younger brothers door was doing the same thing over and over again. My parents thought we were playing games but we werent we sat in the hallway and watched it happen. But nothing since then, i have been to some of the quote on quote scary places in iowa and i havent seen or heard anything. I have been to stone king which is suppose to be one of the most haunted places in the world. And i have been to Mars hill church and have seen nothing.

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 84

I don't know why any idiot would ever call these people to solve one of these problems. There is only one group of paranormal investigators and eliminators that I would trust with my home and family.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtyNeMazZY8]YouTube - ghostbusters commercial[/ame]

We're ready to believe you!

Starter
    Thumbs Up

if ghosts exist then so do vampires, werewolves, and draculas....

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Marc936 View Post
    if ghosts exist then so do vampires, werewolves, and draculas....
    that makes no sense, and whats the difference between a vampire and a dracula?