Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Cool Fail - Tried to change my golf swing

A while back there was a golf swing thread talking about the one-plane vs. two-plane golf swing. I'm a two-planer who shoots 75 - 85 depending on the day and most of the time it came down to how good my short game was that day. I attempted to switch to more of a bent over, rounded one-plane swing that was supposed to be more consistant. I've given it 3 months and it just didn't work for me....I'm a natural two-planer. My scores went from the 75 - 85 range to the 85 -95 range...not good. I hit the ball higher with my natural swing which makes windy days more challenging but I still hit the ball better.

Anyone else have a similar experience with trying to change your golf swing?

King James

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 10

Re: Fail - Tried to change my golf swing

I fixed my slice by changing my stance. I just hit facing away 180 degrees away from the green.

Giving it a go
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    I fixed my slice by changing my stance. I just hit facing away 180 degrees away from the green.
    Fix or compensate?

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,073
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 63

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfnb View Post
    A while back there was a golf swing thread talking about the one-plane vs. two-plane golf swing. I'm a two-planer who shoots 75 - 85 depending on the day and most of the time it came down to how good my short game was that day. I attempted to switch to more of a bent over, rounded one-plane swing that was supposed to be more consistant. I've given it 3 months and it just didn't work for me....I'm a natural two-planer. My scores went from the 75 - 85 range to the 85 -95 range...not good. I hit the ball higher with my natural swing which makes windy days more challenging but I still hit the ball better.

i wouldnt complain. i'm a natural 2 planer who shoots 90-115 depending on that day and my short game that day.

Husker Hater

Starter
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 79

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfnb View Post

about 12 years ago i was ready to give up the game and I was shooting 95-105 and was able to make a change to my grip/swing and now shoot 85-95. If I get to shooting 75-85, I'm not changing anything, ever again.

Starter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I just went through the same experiment.

The one plane doesn't work for me at all. Increased my score by at least 10 per round. It's not as if I didn't give it ample time. I pounded balls at the range for hours.

It either doesn't work for me, or I'm doing it wrong and there's no one there to tell me. I know I have the grip down and am hunched over on my toes. Other than that, I could be doing everything wrong and probably am.

Natural golf is not natural, apparently.