RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 59,683, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,510
    Points
    59,683
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 16

    RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    Rush the Court has to be the best college basketball blog out there, or else I've really been missing something. Here's their top 20 Big 12 player rankings for next season, with DG coming in at #20.

    Rush The Court Blog Archive 20 At The Top: Big 12 Player Rankings



  2. #2
    Walk On
    Points: 4,993, Level: 20
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    201
    Points
    4,993
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 8

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    Rush the Court has to be the best college basketball blog out there, or else I've really been missing something. Here's their top 20 Big 12 player rankings for next season, with DG coming in at #20.

    Rush The Court Blog Archive 20 At The Top: Big 12 Player Rankings
    Selby shouldn't even be on that list. He is unproven at the college level and has yet to play 1 minute of college basketball.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 59,683, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,510
    Points
    59,683
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 16

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    Quote Originally Posted by KSUcat View Post
    Selby shouldn't even be on that list. He is unproven at the college level and has yet to play 1 minute of college basketball.
    You don't think he'll be one of the top 20 players in the league next season? Also, you didn't notice that Selby is only one of four freshman on that list with Perry Jones, Corey Joseph, and Cameron Clark.


    Last edited by kucyclone; 07-16-2010 at 01:42 AM.

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 51,071, Level: 69
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,071
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    I don't think that it is fair to have freshmen on pre-season lists. When you start telling kids that they are the next great player and annointing them before they have done anything to deserve it, they start feeling entitled.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 348,390, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,617
    Points
    348,390
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 745
    Given: 93

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    I don't think that it is fair to have freshmen on pre-season lists. When you start telling kids that they are the next great player and annointing them before they have done anything to deserve it, they start feeling entitled.
    Yes, because that blog is the first time they have ever heard about how good they are.


    It's all snark from here on out

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 880,569, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,786
    Points
    880,569
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,019
    Given: 2,410

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    But what if Royce White is eligible?


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  7. #7
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,966, Level: 31
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    RideRdie4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    254
    Points
    10,966
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    "He should have plenty of shot opportunities next season as the main Cyclone weapon on offense."

    I don't agree with this but it is DG's time to shine.



  8. #8
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    Guys Selby will probably be a first team All Big 12 player. It's the way college basketball works lately. Freshmen are the best in college basketball. John Wall, Kevin Durant, Michael Beasley, Cousins, Favors, etc. There is nothing wrong with listing freshmen on the top of the list.

    If somebody wanted to make a prediction of 1st team all american next year you would be silly to leave Harrison Barnes off the list.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 59,683, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,510
    Points
    59,683
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 16

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Guys Selby will probably be a first team All Big 12 player. It's the way college basketball works lately. Freshmen are the best in college basketball. John Wall, Kevin Durant, Michael Beasley, Cousins, Favors, etc. There is nothing wrong with listing freshmen on the top of the list.

    If somebody wanted to make a prediction of 1st team all american next year you would be silly to leave Harrison Barnes off the list.
    Nailed it. Freshmen are the only class of players that hasn't yet had their top talent weeded out by the NBA. Until the early-entry rules are changed, elite freshmen will continue to be top college players.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 43,459, Level: 64
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    RandomFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,005
    Points
    43,459
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 2

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Guys Selby will probably be a first team All Big 12 player. It's the way college basketball works lately. Freshmen are the best in college basketball. John Wall, Kevin Durant, Michael Beasley, Cousins, Favors, etc. There is nothing wrong with listing freshmen on the top of the list.

    If somebody wanted to make a prediction of 1st team all american next year you would be silly to leave Harrison Barnes off the list.
    I actually think Will Barton has a better chance of putting up AA numbers than Harrison does. Here's my team, probably midwest biased:

    G - Kalin Lucas
    G - Jimmer Fredette
    F - Robbie Hummel
    F - Kyle Singler
    F - Marcus Morris

    Discuss...



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 59,683, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,510
    Points
    59,683
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 16

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    This is really tough to name a first-team AA team already; I could see any of these guys in the mix.

    Brandon Knight
    Enes Kanter
    Jacob Pullen
    Jared Sullinger
    Jimmer Fredette
    Kalin Lucas
    Kemba Walker
    Klay Thompson
    Kris Joseph
    Kyle Singler
    Kyrie Irving
    LaceDarius Dunn
    Robbie Hummel

    And even though I did name 13, I'd be shocked if all 5 1st Teamers were on this list. It's hard to predict.


    Last edited by kucyclone; 07-16-2010 at 11:02 AM.

  12. #12
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomFan View Post
    I actually think Will Barton has a better chance of putting up AA numbers than Harrison does. Here's my team, probably midwest biased:

    G - Kalin Lucas
    G - Jimmer Fredette
    F - Robbie Hummel
    F - Kyle Singler
    F - Marcus Morris

    Discuss...
    I will be shocked if Marcus Morris is. Robbie Hummell maybe but he plays on a really balanced team. Barnes will push Singler for ACC POY.

    Barton has a good chance to put up some big numbers. As does Kanter from Kentucky, Selby from Kansas, Irving from Duke (stud), Sullinger from OSU, and Harris from Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if any of those guys are 1st team AA over any guy you mentioned



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 43,459, Level: 64
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    RandomFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,005
    Points
    43,459
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 2

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    I will be shocked if Marcus Morris is. Robbie Hummell maybe but he plays on a really balanced team. Barnes will push Singler for ACC POY.

    Barton has a good chance to put up some big numbers. As does Kanter from Kentucky, Selby from Kansas, Irving from Duke (stud), Sullinger from OSU, and Harris from Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if any of those guys are 1st team AA over any guy you mentioned
    Morris may be a stretch, although he averaged close to 13 ppg last year and will have to step that up considerably now that Aldrich is gone. Hummel, if he stays healthy, (and that's a big if) would be my pre-season POY. I will agree though, there are no "locks" for AA status going into next year.

    I almost included Scoop Jardine in my list as well, just for his name.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 185,251, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,561
    Points
    185,251
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 623

    Re: RTC Top 20 Big 12 BB Players for '10-'11

    I was very underwhelmed with Perry Jones when I saw him play.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM