Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 41

Outlook Tracking Options

I sent a test email, from my Outlook - which connects to my Gmail by PoPserver, to my Yahoo address.

However, I did not get a confirmation that the email was either "read", or "received"

Does the tracking option feature only work when the email is opened using Outlook?

"We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

-ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 10

Re: Outlook Tracking Options

Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
    I sent a test email, from my Outlook - which connects to my Gmail by PoPserver, to my Yahoo address.

However, I did not get a confirmation that the email was either "read", or "received"

Does the tracking option feature only work when the email is opened using Outlook?
    You can set your preferences to always request a delivery/read confirmation. I believe that this is turned off by default. If you want to turn on the receipts this site may help: How to Turn On and Off Outlook Read Receipts | eHow.com

Note that this assumes that the email actually went through to your Yahoo address and you simply did not get a confirmation. If the email itself failed then you need to check the connection settings (but you probably already realized that).

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,200
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkhunter View Post
    You can set your preferences to always request a delivery/read confirmation. I believe that this is turned off by default. If you want to turn on the receipts this site may help: How to Turn On and Off Outlook Read Receipts | eHow.com

Note that this assumes that the email actually went through to your Yahoo address and you simply did not get a confirmation. If the email itself failed then you need to check the connection settings (but you probably already realized that).

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did confirm that the tracking options were enabled before sending from my Outlook.

However, it appears when sending to a Yahoo, or Gmail account, one cannot get a delivery confirmation.

When I sent a test email from my Home Outlook to my work email, which opens emails with Outlook, I did get a delivery confirmation.

It appears delivery confirmation only works when emails are opened with Outlook.

"We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

-ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 580
    Given: 2,298

I believe Outlook/Outlook Express are the only programs that have a setting that asks if you want to send a read/delivery confirmation by default.

M 7/09