Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 767,811, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,733
    Points
    767,811
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 118

    Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Here's a five question interview that I recently did with Iowa State volleyball coach Christy Johnson-Lynch. Sounds like everybody is getting amped up for the 2010 Cyclone volleyball season.

    CycloneFanatic.com - Talking Iowa State Volleyball with Christy Johnson-Lynch | Cyclone Fanatic



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 51,760, Level: 70
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,596
    Points
    51,760
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 120

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    I think she has done an unbelievable job with what she had to start with. The program appears to be to the point where they just reload, rather than rebuild every year. I look forward to another great year.



  3. #3
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Can't wait!

    All going to hinge on the setter this season. A bit untested - but a top 25 player in high school IIRC.

    Also hope they can pull off another FB/VB Saturday combo like last year for the NU match where they drew around 10K. Unbelievable!



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 24,897, Level: 48
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,087
    Points
    24,897
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 33

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Thanks, Chris ! CJL is an excellent coach and it'll be nice to show her that a lot of us care about the Volleyball program and she'll appreciate the attention towards the program. This is one way to make sure we can retain her !



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 51,077, Level: 69
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    BoxsterCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Golden Valley, MN
    Posts
    3,089
    Points
    51,077
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 143

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    I was glad to see her mention that they were working on their serving as that seemed a weak point last year and drove me crazy in some close matches when we starting tabbing a bunch of unforced errors.



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 8,805, Level: 28
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    spanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    483
    Points
    8,805
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Our defense will continue to be great as long as this staff is here. Coach Johnson-Lynch will always be able to bring in setters. With the level of setters we have had here, with Manns and now with Landwehr, they have been able to spread the ball around. Henson and Hockaday are tough on the outside. The AVCA Runza showcase is a great thing for our girls to play in, and landing the games in 2014, sweet! Our passing and ball control makes us a good sideout team. And I know it's rally scoring, but you know, more us getting the ball back, so scoring on serve receive. Super juiced for this fall!



  7. #7
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Quote Originally Posted by spanny View Post
    Our defense will continue to be great as long as this staff is here. Coach Johnson-Lynch will always be able to bring in setters. With the level of setters we have had here, with Manns and now with Landwehr, they have been able to spread the ball around. Henson and Hockaday are tough on the outside. The AVCA Runza showcase is a great thing for our girls to play in, and landing the games in 2014, sweet! Our passing and ball control makes us a good sideout team. And I know it's rally scoring, but you know, more us getting the ball back, so scoring on serve receive. Super juiced for this fall!
    In addition - having two, now experienced, players in the middle will open things up even more for the outsides. Very impressed with Stadick and Straube last year. And we'll see what this Matlock girl brings to the table.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 8,805, Level: 28
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    spanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    483
    Points
    8,805
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    In addition - having two, now experienced, players in the middle will open things up even more for the outsides. Very impressed with Stadick and Straube last year. And we'll see what this Matlock girl brings to the table.

    Could not agree more, who can opponents key on? Lovin' me some volleytalk!



  9. #9
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Nobody really. Great thing about this squad. There's no super-star and no real weak spot.

    A bit shorter of a team, and not the best blockers in the world - but they make up for that in the backrow. And one that includes perhaps the best libero in the country.

    As always, passing will be the key. Then Allision's ability to distribute. Get the pass, be able to include the middle and spread the defenders out - and it becomes a fairly easy game.

    Pretty much the way it went last season.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 124,827, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,512
    Points
    124,827
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Also hope they can pull off another FB/VB Saturday combo like last year for the NU match where they drew around 10K. Unbelievable!
    There will be two of those Saturday doubleheaders this year.

    9/25: VB vs Oklahoma (early afternoon, TBA), FB vs UNI (6:00)
    11/6: VB vs Missouri (TBA), FB vs Nebraska (TBA)



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 166,341, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,264
    Points
    166,341
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 732

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Quote Originally Posted by spanny View Post
    Could not agree more, who can opponents key on? Lovin' me some volleytalk!
    Spanny, did you fill your coaching vacancy yet?


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 8,805, Level: 28
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    spanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    483
    Points
    8,805
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Spanny, did you fill your coaching vacancy yet?

    No, I am back. Looking forward to it, maybe some time off did some good.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 17,834, Level: 40
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Three4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,873
    Points
    17,834
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 16

    Re: Five Questions: With Christy Johnson-Lynch

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Nobody really. Great thing about this squad. There's no super-star and no real weak spot.

    A bit shorter of a team, and not the best blockers in the world - but they make up for that in the backrow. And one that includes perhaps the best libero in the country.

    As always, passing will be the key. Then Allision's ability to distribute. Get the pass, be able to include the middle and spread the defenders out - and it becomes a fairly easy game.

    Pretty much the way it went last season.
    Ashley Maas is the best, watching her play is amazing. She will be a great leader for the team this year. She has a chance to be B12 player of the year. It will be tough to do when you have some great outside hitters in the conference, but Maas is a workhorse.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM