Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 837
    Given: 219

More Royce White talk (from KXNO yesterday)

Guys,

I thought I would post this link to yesterday's podcast of the Matt and Miller Show on KXNO. I was on as a guest in the second hour to talk about Royce White, Cyclone football etc.

Des Moines' Sports Station - 1460 KXNO

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,762
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4

Re: More Royce White talk (from KXNO yesterday)

Starts at the 17:35 mark if you want to skip the hawk crap talk.

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 101

jesus matt.. get off you're damn high horse.. what the hell is your problem.. take off your blue and white/black and gold glasses... there is nothing wrong with royce, he is turning his life around, give the kid a shot. he hasn't played a game yet, yes i am calling you out giggles..

way to go chris way to be above him, i liked how it was just chris and giggles going at it.

I'm for once.. agreeing with Miller, he is playing with "house money" cyclone fans will stay behind hoiberg.. no questions about that.

Last edited by ISUFB; 07-14-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 720

I don't understand why people from ISU go on that show.

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 72

i dont get what the big deal is... if it works, great! if it doesnt who gives a rip... do we want to win championships, or do we want to keep losing?

Last edited by Tedcyclone; 07-14-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,762
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4

Just finished listening. Matt P is a freaking tool in a big way I do not think I have ever listened to a more smug person in my life.

Hoiberg spent a ton of time on evaluating this kid from a stability standpoint, had him spend time with people that can read that stuff pretty well and they all say give him a shot. Yet, Matt P without spending a minute with the kid knows, for a FACT, that he is trouble. w.t.f.?

I think one thing missing from all this on the NCAA side is Hoiberg and staff know their way around the NCAA bette than some $20k a year radio jock who was fired from his last gig. If they think there is a shot, there is a shot.

The staff also has ALL the information, not just the public stuff yet Matt can guarantee there is no way he plays next year. I hope this smug little bastard is eating crow this time next year. Scratch that, I hope he is off the air by then. Maybe I will start listening to KXNO again.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Tedcyclone View Post
    i dont get what the big deal is... if it works, great! if it doesnt who gives a rip... do we want to win championships, or do we want to keep losing? id like to smack the east coast duesher upside the head.

if he gets arrested again, i dont care... how does that reflect poorly on on anyone but royce? we remove him from team, and move on to someone else... Matt talks about how awesome Bama, LSU, and all those schools are... you think they dont have previous low rent persons on their squads? they do, why cant we take in the same athletes? ill tell you why, lots of people want to keep us down.

F, ill bet Matt was a Manny Rameriez fan when he played for the SOX... hes not a class act.

Walk On
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Agreed, i want to bring up Allan Iverson to Giggles and say that troubled high school-er definitely did well for a college who took a risk on him, and a prestigious college at that. I would also be willing to bet once Iverson got out of jail i would guess almost any college would have taken him. Also I'd like to bring up P'Allen Stinnett too as creighton took him w/ some baggage, as he got kicked out of his prep school (which i find to be a really hard thing to do since prep schools are usually basketball factories and you don't see talented kids getting the boot too often from those places)....

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by crooksie_26 View Post
    Agreed, i want to bring up Allan Iverson to Giggles and say that troubled high school-er definitely did well for a college who took a risk on him, and a prestigious college at that. I would also be willing to bet once Iverson got out of jail i would guess almost any college would have taken him. Also I'd like to bring up P'Allen Stinnett too as creighton took him w/ some baggage, as he got kicked out of his prep school (which i find to be a really hard thing to do since prep schools are usually basketball factories and you don't see talented kids getting the boot too often from those places)....

Oh that's different, because... um... well.... it's different.

(that's about all the logic Giggles could muster for such an arguement)

I feel dirty for downloading that... I'm sure they can track it and are just happy as clams at the hits.

Last edited by DaddyMac; 07-14-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Seriously... All the great Miami teams, USC, any major program tell me they all have class acts on the roster... Kansas, Memphis, Kentucky, Iowa... anyone that wins has some people that you wouldnt let babysit your child... but if ISU takes one, look out, such a horrible thing. Such a joke. Does anyone think anyone in the cuontry gives a crap that Clayborn punched a cab driver? no, now if he does it again they will care just because he wont be playing.

So Fred please keep on bringing in the 19th ranked players in the country... Thank you.

Matt you have an agenda... i get it, its your thing... makes people listen... i still however would love to rock bottom you...

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I'll admit, I'm not entirely comfortable with this.

But in the end, Coach made the call and I'm with him on it. Given the transgressions, I don't think it matters all that much what he did - but what he does. Had we picked up a kid with a felony conviction and time under his belt - say like Berryman - I might feel differently.

And Coach's reputation and the "integrity" of ISU is ONLY on the line depending what we do should RW go wayward. Not until then.

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Matt P does what he does to get you to dislike him. He plays that role on purpose and I wouldn't doubt one bit that even if there is a topic that he agrees with, he will go against the grain just to be the DB to get everyone to call in and disagree/debate with him. I bet he sits back and reads these message boards and just "giggles" to himself that he is doing his job by getting people to start daily threads about him and how much of a tool he is. I am sure he knows that everyone thinks he is a DB and more then likely he doesn't give a rats ***, I sure wouldn't if I was in his position. As long as I had people tuning in to hate me and people talking about me on message boards then I would consider that a W for me.

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCLONES15 View Post
    Matt P does what he does to get you to dislike him. He plays that role on purpose and I wouldn't doubt one bit that even if there is a topic that he agrees with, he will go against the grain just to be the DB to get everyone to call in and disagree/debate with him. I bet he sits back and reads these message boards and just "giggles" to himself that he is doing his job by getting people to start daily threads about him and how much of a tool he is. I am sure he knows that everyone thinks he is a DB and more then likely he doesn't give a rats ***, I sure wouldn't if I was in his position. As long as I had people tuning in to hate me and people talking about me on message boards then I would consider that a W for me.
    Well, I kinda hope you're right. The end result of that plan seemed to work out well for him in Omaha.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCLONES15 View Post

Exactly... i dont dis like matt personally, i dont know him... but he wants us to not like him on air, and so i wont... but i still listen on my way home becasue its fun, and i like hearing about ISU either way.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 312

I would rather win with some suspect kids then get our ***** handed to us every night like we have been.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word