Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,865
    Given: 881

We now have complete control over world temperatures!

Germany, which holds the European Union and Group of Eight presidencies, is proposing a so-called “two-degree” target, whereby global temperatures would be allowed to increase no more than 2 degrees Celsius — the equivalent of 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit — before being brought back down. Practically, experts have said that means a global reduction in emissions of 50 percent below 1990 levels by 2050. From MSNBC

I had no idea that we could "allow" temperatures to increase a certain amount, and then bring them back down. That is fantastic! We now have a weather controller machine. Them Germans is smart!

Rookie
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: We now have complete control over world temperatures!

Yes, global warming is all a huge hoax being forced down our throats by the world's top scientists in cahoots with the liberal mainstream media. Oh, and I almost forgot. Al Gore is also part of the conspiracy. What their agenda is, I have no idea, but Sean Hannity and Anthrax Coulter probably know for sure.

I mean seriously, guys like Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, GW Bush; they're all better qualified than some climatologist to give an absolute opinion on whether or not there's global warming, and if they say it's a hoax then it must be true.

Walk On
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

no offense intended honest.....

but any scientist that seriously thinks mankind is in any position to actually lower the earths temp is taking arrogance to an entirely new level.

Oh, and you say Al Gore is in on the conspiracy too? Gosh, is that the same Al Gore that I heard saying on the radio he built the internet?.....The same Al Gore that stood by and did nothing while Bill Clinton lied through his teeth (among other things) about watching churches burn when he was young? Hmm...actually, it sounds like something he probably would want to be in on the ground floor of.

And on the networks, is this the same networks that my friends kids (which are serving in Iraq, Germany, and Afghanistan bless them) say are are not just omiting details, but out and out lying about the work that they're doing there? The same networks that (albeit a little late in the day) admitted rigging explosions in gas tanks so cars would blow up? The same networks that oddly enough when they want an interview with a radical jihadist can (miracle of miracles) just happen to stumble into the said radical? (Will wonders never cease?) The same networks that admitting not telling the whole story of what was happening in Iraq before the way so as not to lose their "access"

Oh and how about this one....going -WAAY- back...

how many of us heard the networks tell us that the north vietnamese were 30 days from being decimated by their losses during the Tett offensive due to them (finally) coming out of the hills and caves and fighting face to face. I can answer that one for you....not a single one of us...we had to wait 15 years till our enemies in that war, (the North Vietanese Generals) were interviewed on (of all places) PBS to find out they were almost out of manpower. After they changed their strategy and fought in the open where "our boys" could deal with them they were simply mowed down by the hundreds and thousands...and it goes on and on.

Back to the comment on right winger talk show hosts.....

I don't particularly care for the "styles" and rhetoric etc. of some of the right wing commentators you mention, in fact it turns me off. I may agree with many things some of them say, but it turns my stomach when I hear some of the pontificating (sp) going on.

But, I wouldn't get on too high of a soap box if you think the major networks, or folks like Al Gore's credibility is something you're going to be able to lean on.

My grandpa used to have a saying, if you see a rat, you know dang well there's twenty more where he came from....well, it's the same way with news outlets and politicians (of all stripes) when they're caught lying once, twice, or three times.

Do you honestly believe there's only one rat in the barn?

peace.

m.

Quote Originally Posted by Klubber View Post
    Yes, global warming is all a huge hoax being forced down our throats by the world's top scientists in cahoots with the liberal mainstream media. Oh, and I almost forgot. Al Gore is also part of the conspiracy. What their agenda is, I have no idea, but Sean Hannity and Anthrax Coulter probably know for sure.

I mean seriously, guys like Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, GW Bush; they're all better qualified than some climatologist to give an absolute opinion on whether or not there's global warming, and if they say it's a hoax then it must be true.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Good to see you got internet in your bunker. Just make sure it is flood proof and has lots of AC. But wait, we aren't going to need it, because we are going to "allow" the temperature to go up before magically bringing it back down. That is a pretty serious hoax, and I am not the type to go along with it. Maybe you areAttachment 408Sorry, had to do it, no disrespect, but that is my favorite picture ever.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 500

Let them turn our temps up a bit in the Dakotas at the same time.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Giving it a go
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 7

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaruherald/4064691a6571.html

Global warming debunked

By ANDREW SWALLOW - The Timaru Herald | Saturday, 19 May 2007

Climate change will be considered a joke in five years time, meteorologist Augie Auer told the annual meeting of Mid Canterbury Federated Farmers in Ashburton this week.

Man's contribution to the greenhouse gases was so small we couldn't change the climate if we tried, he maintained.
    "We're all going to survive this. It's all going to be a joke in five years," he said.
    A combination of misinterpreted and misguided science, media hype, and political spin had created the current hysteria and it was time to put a stop to it.
    "It is time to attack the myth of global warming," he said.
    Water vapour was responsible for 95 per cent of the greenhouse effect, an effect which was vital to keep the world warm, he explained.
    "If we didn't have the greenhouse effect the planet would be at minus 18 deg C but because we do have the greenhouse effect it is plus 15 deg C, all the time."
    The other greenhouse gases: carbon dioxide, methane, nitrogen dioxide, and various others including CFCs, contributed only five per cent of the effect, carbon dioxide being by far the greatest contributor at 3.6 per cent.
    However, carbon dioxide as a result of man's activities was only 3.2 per cent of that, hence only 0.12 per cent of the greenhouse gases in total. Human-related methane, nitrogen dioxide and CFCs etc made similarly minuscule contributions to the effect: 0.066, 0.047 and 0.046 per cent respectively.
    "That ought to be the end of the argument, there and then," he said.
    "We couldn't do it (change the climate) even if we wanted to because water vapour dominates."
    Yet the Greens continued to use phrases such as "The planet is groaning under the weight of CO2" and Government policies were about to hit industries such as farming, he warned.
    "The Greens are really going to go after you because you put out 49 per cent of the countries emissions. Does anybody ask 49 per cent of what? Does anybody know how small that number is? "It's become a witch-hunt; a Salem witch-hunt," he said.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 500

If we could divert the world's wind by blasting air with human lungs the opposite direction most of the day we could slow down the manufacture of waves which would lessen the loss of carbon dioxide from the seas so we would not have to worry. Go blow westward young man.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    If we could divert the world's wind by blasting air with human lungs the opposite direction most of the day we could slow down the manufacture of waves which would lessen the loss of carbon dioxide from the seas so we would not have to worry. Go blow westward young man.
    If Kyle talks as much as he posts, I elect him. We will have this beat in no time

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    If Kyle talks as much as he posts, I elect him. We will have this beat in no time
    Whatever Mr. 1050 post count.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Germany, which holds the European Union and Group of Eight presidencies, is proposing a so-called “two-degree” target, whereby global temperatures would be allowed to increase no more than 2 degrees Celsius — the equivalent of 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit — before being brought back down. Practically, experts have said that means a global reduction in emissions of 50 percent below 1990 levels by 2050. From MSNBC

I had no idea that we could "allow" temperatures to increase a certain amount, and then bring them back down. That is fantastic! We now have a weather controller machine. Them Germans is smart!
    Now, if only Germany was around during the last warming cycle, we could've avoided all this "warm epoch, ice age crap!" Think how neat it would be, having dinosaurs still wandering around.

I find it interesting how your typical "environmentalist" sees the earth as a static, unchanging system that somehow mankind keeps "messing up." And their track record for making predictions is truly awful.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 56

Lot's of hate in that message. The original poster didn't say anything about global warming being a myth.

Some people argue Conservatives over emphasize the war on terror for political reasons. Some say the Dems over emphasize the effects of global warming for political reasons. It's neive not to believe both are true.

While there is consensus that global warming exitsts, there is no consensus in the scientific community about what is causing it.

That being said, could you tell whomever is in charge that I would prefer about 80 degrees, no humidity on Saturday for golf? Thanks.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    Lot's of hate in that message. The original poster didn't say anything about global warming being a myth.

Some people argue Conservatives over emphasize the war on terror for political reasons. Some say the Dems over emphasize the effects of global warming for political reasons. It's neive not to believe both are true.

While there is consensus that global warming exitsts, there is no consensus in the scientific community about what is causing it.

That being said, could you tell whomever is in charge that I would prefer about 80 degrees, no humidity on Saturday for golf? Thanks.
    That is a great point! The golfing applications of this new technology would be tremendous. I'm wondering if they can alter the wind direction to counter my hook?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Whatever Mr. 1050 post count.
    Sorry Attachment 423. That was just a shameless attempt on my part to provide humor at your expense. I apologize, Attachment 423, I won't do that again.

Rookie
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 31

I thought 2/3rds of the earth was covered by water, not pollution belching factories and cars.

If Al Gore was in front of this earth ending catastrophy, why didn't he have Clinton sign the Kyoto Protocol in 1998 when it was first proposed?

As phony as I think Al Gore with his private jets and $10,000 a month utility bills are, I still think it is stupid to dump all that carbon in the air, go clean America, go nuclear.

:) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,116
    Given: 799

Quote Originally Posted by herbiedoobie View Post
    Now, if only Germany was around during the last warming cycle, we could've avoided all this "warm epoch, ice age crap!" Think how neat it would be, having dinosaurs still wandering around.
    Hey, hey, hey. As long a Nessy is swimming around the Loch in Scotland, the dinosaurs are not officially extinct!!!

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.