Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,858, Level: 69
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,883
    Points
    49,858
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    I'm not sure if I'm ready to watch this tonight. I've been dreading this all year. Now, after the last two weeks, we've finally come to the moment that everybody knew was coming. I've seen the commercials and a few sneak peeks. I'm not afraid to say that tonight is going to be an emotional night.

    Through all of this, I don't believe enough can be said about Johnathan Hillstrand and the way he's handled this. He's been there when he had other places to be. I think it goes to show what kind of man he is and what kind of man Captain Phil was.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 42,303, Level: 63
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ca4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Central IA
    Posts
    1,620
    Points
    42,303
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 23

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm ready to watch this tonight. I've been dreading this all year. Now, after the last two weeks, we've finally come to the moment that everybody knew was coming. I've seen the commercials and a few sneak peeks. I'm not afraid to say that tonight is going to be an emotional night.

    Through all of this, I don't believe enough can be said about Johnathan Hillstrand and the way he's handled this. He's been there when he had other places to be. I think it goes to show what kind of man he is and what kind of man Captain Phil was.
    I can't say I've ever made a point of watching something that I knew was going to depress the crap out of me. It's hard to describe, but for all the chuckles and entertainment I've gotten from listening/watching Phil over the past few years, I almost feel like I owe it to him to watch tonight. My wife will be in charge of getting the kids in bed tonight.....I'll be camped out in front of my TV.



  3. #3
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    I've never been a big fan of Jonathan or the Time Bandit crew. But I agree that he's been a great friend to Phil and the family through all this. I think it also says alot of Phil (obviously) that these guys can respect him so much when it's such a competitive business.

    So - it's a two hour program tonight, starting at 8 CST, right? Cause Mediacom still only had it as 1 hr last night, as did the Discovery Channel app. But they've been advertising 2 hrs for the past week or so.

    Want to make sure the DVR is set correctly.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,858, Level: 69
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,883
    Points
    49,858
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    I've never been a big fan of Jonathan or the Time Bandit crew. But I agree that he's been a great friend to Phil and the family through all this. I think it also says alot of Phil (obviously) that these guys can respect him so much when it's such a competitive business.

    So - it's a two hour program tonight, starting at 8 CST, right? Cause Mediacom still only had it as 1 hr last night, as did the Discovery Channel app. But they've been advertising 2 hrs for the past week or so.

    Want to make sure the DVR is set correctly.

    It's two hours. After the Catch will be devoted to him as well. There's another sepcial in a couple weeks that will be just Captain Phil and his story. I don't think a time has been set on that yet.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 208,465, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dmclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    50131
    Posts
    13,638
    Points
    208,465
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 482

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    8pm
    The Time Bandit's deck disintegrates as Mike and Scott fight for the captain's chair; Edgar Hansen trains his greenest deckhand on the hydros; Phil Harris battles for his life.

    9:01pm
    Captain Phil's family and friends pay him tribute.



  6. #6
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    Ok - thanks guys. 2hrs across 2 shows. I was under the impression that DC would be a 2 hr episode tonight.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 36,734, Level: 59
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,116
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    247cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spring Hill, KS
    Posts
    1,105
    Points
    36,734
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    Gonna be tough to watch. I'm sure the DC will do an excellent job in their handling of it. They've done a great job with the After The Catch working Phil in and telling stories. Found myself smiling at all the clips they've shown...Phil being Phil.

    I hope things work out for Josh and Jake, and we get to see the CM on the show next season. It seems like Josh has a better handle on what he wants to do regarding the boat right now. Never a good time to lose your dad, but I imagine it's really hard for Jake considering what he's going through substance abuse wise.

    It will be interesting to see next season if any of the others make any changes inspired in part by what contributed to Phil's death.



  8. #8
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by 247cy View Post
    Gonna be tough to watch. I'm sure the DC will do an excellent job in their handling of it. They've done a great job with the After The Catch working Phil in and telling stories. Found myself smiling at all the clips they've shown...Phil being Phil.

    I hope things work out for Josh and Jake, and we get to see the CM on the show next season. It seems like Josh has a better handle on what he wants to do regarding the boat right now. Never a good time to lose your dad, but I imagine it's really hard for Jake considering what he's going through substance abuse wise.

    It will be interesting to see next season if any of the others make any changes inspired in part by what contributed to Phil's death.
    Obviously things are the most tenuous on the CM. But the whole fleet is up in the air in some way it seems.

    TB is having new captain issues, although I don't imagine Andy and/or Jonathan will leave any too quickly. Edgar on the NW, and somebody is likely to kill Keith on the Wiz.

    And they could lose the Kodiak completely for all I care.

    Time to get the Maverick back in action...



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 44,790, Level: 65
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,121
    Points
    44,790
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    last week they made it sound like he was bouncing back. anyone that has ever watched isu football can tough out the depressing show tonight.


    Honor Before Victory

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 414,010, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,760
    Points
    414,010
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 600
    Given: 304

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    I'm ready to watch it, it'll be pretty sad. I saw a sneak peak last night when a couple of the guys were on Jay Leno, and it was depressing.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,832, Level: 61
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,041
    Points
    39,832
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 22

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    This is going to be a pretty deep 10 minutes.


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 44,790, Level: 65
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,121
    Points
    44,790
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    tick tock


    Honor Before Victory

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 44,790, Level: 65
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,121
    Points
    44,790
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    is johnny cash singing this song?


    Honor Before Victory

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,832, Level: 61
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,041
    Points
    39,832
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 22

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    is johnny cash singing this song?
    yes redemption day or something like that


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  15. #15
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,822, Level: 29
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    250
    Points
    9,822
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Deadliest Catch-Tonight

    I've watched it occasionally. Watched tonight. Very sad.

    If that's not motivation enough for all who watched to quit smoking, I don't know what would be.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM