Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 19

Speaking of minding my own business . .

The other thread got me thinking about my own personal situation with a "neighborhoo" kid in Waukee.

So one day early this srping I was riding my bike on one of the bike paths, and this group of lets say around 14-15 year olds were taking up the entire path and moving very slowly. So I proceed to notify them with the common "on your left" warning that I wanted to pass them. They all moved over except one kid who had longer hair than my wife and was intentionally swerving in front of me so that I couldnt pass him. This immediately ticked me off so in one of my not so mature moments I said "Get out of my ******* way, kid" and rode past him not looking back. The kid was yelling and cursing and acting tough in front of his buddies but I didnt look back because I already felt like a ****** cussing at a 14yr old.

Anyway I have met this kid two additional times on the trail and he has tried to jump toward me and yell thinking he would scare me I guess. I have never said another word to him. He is just acting like a d-bag kid and trying to be tough but I kinda wanna shove my fist through his face and I likely would if I knew he were 18.

I like the OP in the Rottweiler story cant stand punk kids that act like this. I would have been scared to death to act like this kid toward an adult at his age. Just goes to show you that some kids grow up getting away with everything. I guess in time they will learn.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 861
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 567

Re: Speaking of minding my own business . .

Maybe it's a kids-only bike trail.

Prospect
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 1

If it was my kid and he was acting like that I'd have no problem if you tazed him. Do you own a tazer?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 377

Quote Originally Posted by ccruzen View Post
    If it was my kid and he was acting like that I'd have no problem if you tazed him. Do you own a tazer?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XWijwmvGU4"]YouTube - University of Florida Taser Incident (taser portion)[/ame]

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

I was minding my own business in a store one day when an 17 yo kid was being a jerk to the staff. His dad came up to me to ask me a question, and I said "a.) I don't work here, and b.) your kid is being disrespectful to the people that do........"

He got all hot and started defending his punk kid. I said, "I get where he learned it."

I have no problem being stern with kids when they are being disrespectful. I know a lot of people who feel like they have to try and be cool and friendly to them. I just think they will only learn if they are told, and a lot of parents don't do the job. If that makes me a ****, then so be it. I will not allow any punk to be disrespectful to me, or my wife.

Lifetime Achievement- In on page 1 of a THujone MS Paint thread.

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 634

I don't think I taunted adults when I was that age. Maybe my peers ... but never adults. Kids these days...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 303

You could have tazored him from behind.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,122
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 119

Quote Originally Posted by linkshero View Post
    I was minding my own business in a store one day when an 17 yo kid was being a jerk to the staff. His dad came up to me to ask me a question, and I said "a.) I don't work here, and b.) your kid is being disrespectful to the people that do........"

He got all hot and started defending his punk kid. I said, "I get where he learned it."

I have no problem being stern with kids when they are being disrespectful. I know a lot of people who feel like they have to try and be cool and friendly to them. I just think they will only learn if they are told, and a lot of parents don't do the job. If that makes me a ****, then so be it. I will not allow any punk to be disrespectful to me, or my wife.
    Good for you! "The staff" is kind of hand-tied to do/say anything due to the "customer is always right" thingy. I'm sure they were more than thankful for you stepping in and at least trying to set the idiot straight.

CCG

Pro
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Acylum View Post
    Maybe it's a kids-only bike trail.
    Simple solution....assuming your bike is decent, buy a crappy one off of craiglist for under $25. Next time he swerves or tries to jump in your way plow him over. "oops" Just make sure to wear your helmet / pads.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by linkshero View Post

I ran into a group of kids making fun of a mentally handicapped Walmart greeter one time. They were probably 16-18. I just stared them down until they shut up and then said "That making you feel good about yourself?"
    They just left. I find a stern lazer eye gets the point across.
    That and the fact I was strapped and holding up my shirt to show it off during the entire conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

A lot of the world's problems would be solved if fathers were more apt to break a foot off in their kid's *** like mine used to.
    I grew up in a small community and if you were disrespectful, every man had the authority to discipline you. That's the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 77

Just run him over

Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    LOL ya right. If we win 9 games, I'll wax my entire body.

Legend
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 1,250

Quote Originally Posted by GeronimusClone View Post
    A lot of the world's problems would be solved if fathers were more apt to break a foot off in their kid's *** like mine used to.
    I grew up in a small community and if you were disrespectful, every man had the authority to discipline you. That's the way it should be.
    This. And not just the men. Nothing is more humiliating than showing off for your friends only to be chewed out in front of them by a granny for being disrespectful. You definitely think twice the next time.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

All-Star
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 19

I agree with almost everyones responses. I think that the kid deserves a kick in the ***/ being run into or something to teach him a lesson. My biggest worry would be similar to one of the other post where his parents wouldnt agree that their kid needed disciplin and then try to bring some sort of legal actions against me and sue me for everything that I have.

If I knew that the kids parents wouldnt sue my *** I would find a way to teach him a lesson without any real permanent harm.

Maybe next time I will just stop and see how he reacts. I'm by no means a bad *** but I'm 6 foot 250 and if I got ahold of his scrawny little butt he wouldnt go anywhere. I'm just scared that I might lose my temper and do something stupid.

No little rat bastard kid is worth losing my job/house etc.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

Legend
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 1,250

Quote Originally Posted by CykoAGR View Post
    I agree with almost everyones responses. I think that the kid deserves a kick in the ***/ being run into or something to teach him a lesson. My biggest worry would be similar to one of the other post where his parents wouldnt agree that their kid needed disciplin and then try to bring some sort of legal actions against me and sue me for everything that I have.

If I knew that the kids parents wouldnt sue my *** I would find a way to teach him a lesson without any real permanent harm.

Maybe next time I will just stop and see how he reacts. I'm by no means a bad *** but I'm 6 foot 250 and if I got ahold of his scrawny little butt he wouldnt go anywhere. I'm just scared that I might lose my temper and do something stupid.

No little rat bastard kid is worth losing my job/house etc.
    Don't you have any 17 year old nephews who are kind of built like you?

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr