Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 388
    Given: 247

Mini-Packs

I know they don't go on sale for about 2 months, but I was wondering if someone who bought them last year could shed some light on how the mini-pack tickets work. I was planning on just having someone buy me student tickets for one more year, but apparently they changed how those are handled and its not an option anymore.

What are the seats for the mini-packs/how are those determined? Are they the same for every game? Did they sell out last year/How fast do you have to move on them to get decent seats?

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

Re: Mini-Packs

The gf and I got them last year while living in KC. We weren't able to do full season tickets, so when the mini-packs went on sale, they were a real good option. Not to mention the home schedule last year was not the best.

Anyway, I think they would have gone on sale now if they were going to offer them. I haven't looked as now we are in DC (which makes getting back to the games that much more difficult). Basically last year they had two options, a 3 game pack with an Iowa ticket (one conference game and one non-con as well), or a 4 game pack (with conference games). Once they go on sale, it would be in your best interest to grab them as soon as you can. It is first come, first serve. Last year there were plenty of good seats, this year...I wouldn't be too sure.

A lot of people were upset about this, because someone was getting a better seat than they were getting while being a season ticket holder. Proved controversial, and I would probably say that is because of the Iowa ticket. My opinion is, if you have open seats, might as well make people buy them.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrods79 View Post
    The gf and I got them last year while living in KC. We weren't able to do full season tickets, so when the mini-packs went on sale, they were a real good option. Not to mention the home schedule last year was not the best.

Anyway, I think they would have gone on sale now if they were going to offer them. I haven't looked as now we are in DC (which makes getting back to the games that much more difficult). Basically last year they had two options, a 3 game pack with an Iowa ticket (one conference game and one non-con as well), or a 4 game pack (with conference games). Once they go on sale, it would be in your best interest to grab them as soon as you can. It is first come, first serve. Last year there were plenty of good seats, this year...I wouldn't be too sure.

A lot of people were upset about this, because someone was getting a better seat than they were getting while being a season ticket holder. Proved controversial, and I would probably say that is because of the Iowa ticket. My opinion is, if you have open seats, might as well make people buy them.
    I actually e-mailed the ticket office. They said they are offering one pack this year, the last three home games, and it goes on sale on Sept. 8th.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yep, you're right. It is on the ticket website. I see the seats are on the corners of the stadium. That it a little more fair for the price I suppose. A lot of the problem with people last year was the seating arrangement. So you get to see Kansas, Nebraska, and Mizzou...good lineup.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,550
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 77

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    I actually e-mailed the ticket office. They said they are offering one pack this year, the last three home games, and it goes on sale on Sept. 8th.
    I got the 4-game pack last year, and the seats were different for each game. I think for the first 3 games the seats were always in the same section, just different rows, and the 4th game was a section at the other end of the stadium.

I would imagine that you'll want to get on them pretty early if they don't go on sale until Sept 8, especially since Nebraska is included in that. I'd guess a lot of their fans might be buying these up.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrods79 View Post
    Yep, you're right. It is on the ticket website. I see the seats are on the corners of the stadium. That it a little more fair for the price I suppose. A lot of the problem with people last year was the seating arrangement. So you get to see Kansas, Nebraska, and Mizzou...good lineup.
    Yea, I think I might go for it, but I've got time to decide.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    I got the 4-game pack last year, and the seats were different for each game. I think for the first 3 games the seats were always in the same section, just different rows, and the 4th game was a section at the other end of the stadium.

I would imagine that you'll want to get on them pretty early if they don't go on sale until Sept 8, especially since Nebraska is included in that. I'd guess a lot of their fans might be buying these up.
    I did the 3-game. Yeah, forgot to mention that the seats were "different" for each game. We were in the same area all three games. I really could have cared less about having different seats. We were in section N for all three and there is not a bad seat in that section.

If I lived there I would definitely go for the Cardinal or Gold level and get season tickets. Especially since they are $150 cheaper for young adults 20-29.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 415
    Given: 300

Just a good deal for long travellers.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 5

Do you guys think they made it the last 3 home games to try to help with our attendance drop off?

That is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this and I personally think it's a great idea.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by farminclone View Post
    Do you guys think they made it the last 3 home games to try to help with our attendance drop off?

That is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this and I personally think it's a great idea.
    That was my assumption. Also, it just makes sense to package the Nebraska tickets with other games, although I believe single game tickets go on sale before the mini-packs. Do they not offer single game tickets for Nebraska?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    That was my assumption. Also, it just makes sense to package the Nebraska tickets with other games, although I believe single game tickets go on sale before the mini-packs. Do they not offer single game tickets for Nebraska?
    IIRC, they do and the face is $90

"I am so proud... I am so proud to be your football coach!" -- Paul Rhoads

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 36

I'm surprised the KU game is included in the mini pack since it is homecoming - seems like the Utah or Tech (Family Weekend) game would have been a better choice.

Addict
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 304

Are there still end zone seats available for the whole season?