View Poll Results: Who will be coaching at the same school in 10 years?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • CPR - ISU

131 92.91%
  • Turner Gill - KU

6 4.26%
  • Tommy Tubberville - TTU

4 2.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

10 years from now...

I think it will be CPR, and only CPR. One of two things will happen with Gill. He will either jump to Nebraska, when Pelini leaves to replace Tressel at tOSU, or he will learn the hard way that The Big 12 isn't the MAC. Tubberville hasn't coached a game yet, and is already putting his foot in his mouth, and I'm not convinced that his coaching style will work in the Big 12, with more emphasis on defense, that's why NU is no longer as relevant as they were in the 90s, before the power in the conference shifted south.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 83

Re: 10 years from now...

I 100% agree with everything you just said there. Tuberville is already on thin ice and baring a collapse at KU Turner Gill is already the next coach for the Cornhuskers.

Starter
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Of those 3 it would most likely be PR. However, if CPR can string together 3-4 seven to eight win seasons in a row I am not sure he will still be here. I don't think we can pay him enough to match what other schools would offer him.

Thumbs Up

I totally agree. I dont think Gill is much of a coach. Sure he took a MAC team to a bowl, but its the MAC it cant be that hard to get 6 wins especially when 3 of your games will be OOC cupcakes. He also got looked over for a few jobs before getting the Kansas job, there must be something there that others didnt like. I think KU fans are expecting the undoable out of him and he likely wont succeed and will be gone within 10.

Pelini wont likely last 10 more years at NU because Tressel will leave tOSU or because the nebbies will get ruffled feathers if he doesnt win 10 games every year. I bet he is close to being on the hot seat already after all the close losses last year. After Pelini is gone Gill will just move north.

Tubberville.........LOL, I am surprised Boss Deloss hasnt fired him already. Friendly advise for Tubby, keep you mouth shut, eyes to the floor and start and end every sentence with Sir. Welcome to the Texas league.

Last edited by CycloneNC2015; 07-07-2010 at 10:15 AM.
    PUT TILLER IN!!!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by nileo View Post
    Of those 3 it would most likely be PR. However, if CPR can string together 3-4 seven to eight win seasons in a row I am not sure he will still be here. I don't think we can pay him enough to match what other schools would offer him.
    If he dooes that, we need to do anything and everything we can to pay him what the big boys will.

Thumbs Up

I dont think he would leave. He has stated this is his dream job. After his reaction after the NU game last year I believe him.

PUT TILLER IN!!!!!

Thumbs Up

If it was Chizik that was able to string together 3-4 seven or eight win seasons, I would agree, but I think this is CPR's dream job. With that said, we are in an era where money is more important than loyalty, I just think CPR is above that mentality.

Starter
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I would hope CPR would stay if successful but I don't see ISU matching 4-5 million a top tier (ND, Tex, OSU, etc) could offer.

All-Star
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

If he could put together 3-4 eight to nine win seasons I don't see him leaving. He is at his dream job right now and he doesn't come off as a guy that is driven by the money part only the success part. He wants to raise his family here and even without an extra $1.5 to $2 million he could get somewhere else by doing this his family will still be financially secure here and happy.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

ISU is CPR's dream job. He is the obvious, and most logical, choice, even if he exceeds expectations.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

How typical of an ISU fan...overly worried about retaining a coach. Totally misguided priority.

Frankly, I really could not care less who is our coach in ten years as long as we have experienced great success...bowls regularly, national rankings regularly, and a BCS bowl or two...between now and then.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Addict
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 12

Quote Originally Posted by cyguytillidie View Post
    I 100% agree with everything you just said there. Tuberville is already on thin ice and baring a collapse at KU Turner Gill is already the next coach for the Cornhuskers.
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNC2015 View Post
    I totally agree. I dont think Gill is much of a coach. Sure he took a MAC team to a bowl, but its the MAC it cant be that hard to get 6 wins especially when 3 of your games will be OOC cupcakes. He also got looked over for a few jobs before getting the Kansas job, there must be something there that others didnt like. I think KU fans are expecting the undoable out of him and he likely wont succeed and will be gone within 10.

Pelini wont likely last 10 more years at NU because Tressel will leave tOSU or because the nebbies will get ruffled feathers if he doesnt win 10 games every year. I bet he is close to being on the hot seat already after all the close losses last year. After Pelini is gone Gill will just move north.

Tubberville.........LOL, I am surprised Boss Deloss hasnt fired him already. Friendly advise for Tubby, keep you mouth shut, eyes to the floor and start and end every sentence with Sir. Welcome to the Texas league.
    I think it is way too early to be giving Gill the NU job let alone the KU job in five years from now. The fact is that Gill hasn't coached a down of Big XII football. We can't know anything about him until after his first full season.

That said, I don't think that there is any way Pellini turns down tOSU if offered but I can see Sweater Vest being there for more than ten more years if they'll have him.

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 19

For that matter, I don't think KF will be at Iowa in 10yrs.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 62

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNC2015 View Post
    I dont think he would leave. He has stated this is his dream job. After his reaction after the NU game last year I believe him.
    I feel the same way too. And it's the same reason I believe that in 10 years we will have seen a good amount of success and will be retaining him.

Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    LOL ya right. If we win 9 games, I'll wax my entire body.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonenum1 View Post
    How typical of an ISU fan...overly worried about retaining a coach. Totally misguided priority.

Frankly, I really could not care less who is our coach in ten years as long as we have experienced great success...bowls regularly, national rankings regularly, and a BCS bowl or two...between now and then.
    After the misguided firing of Mac followed up by the Cheezdick incident I think we have reason to worry.

PUT TILLER IN!!!!!