Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 11

Deadliest Catch 7/6

Wow! I didn't realize Capt. Phil had come that far back before he slipped away. I'm not sure if that would make it harder or if those close to him would at least be happy that they got some interaction with him. The thing with the ice chips was pretty funny. He certainly had his spirit in tact.

Watching Jake and Josh go at it at the end put a knot in my gut. The fact that Jake couldn't keep himself straight in spite of all that was going on just shows how tough addiction is.

The first few minutes of After the Catch with Josh and Freddy was emotional as well. You could tell how much Freddy thought of Capt. Phil. Man, next week is gonna suck......I'll be glued to the tv though.

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Deadliest Catch 7/6

I found the ending rather odd. Like you said, about half way through he seemed to be doing so well. Then towards the end every one was really distraught with little explanation. The way it is I suppose.

I'm sure this is very tricky for the producers - they don't want to come off as capitalizing on the man's death and basically just air his final days. But it just turned on a dime. Seeing Jonathan at the elevator weeping made you think, what the hell? Perhaps next week's will clear things up a bit.

Jake is a little %$($#& ..... Josh shoulda laid him out at the end.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

It was hard to see how much hope they had after meeting with the doctor. I'm sure that they thought they'd have him around for awhile. He had his wits about him.

You could just see everything starting to boil when Jake gave his dad the ice cubes. I understand that your dad wants them, but the doctors know best. I think it was pretty obvious that Jake was going to use, if he hadn't been already.

Next week is going to blow.

I also think it says something about the love the other guys had for Phil when Johnathon Hilstrand has been there since minute one.

What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The conversation Freddy and Josh had two weeks ago in the wheelhouse about had me in tears.
    It's as if Josh has been prepared for his Dad's passing for quite awhile, while Jake is just losing it. Great contrast in those two kids about how different people handle emotion. It's like the two sides of Phil's personality split into his sons. Great story being told this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    I found the ending rather odd. Like you said, about half way through he seemed to be doing so well. Then towards the end every one was really distraught with little explanation. The way it is I suppose.

I'm sure this is very tricky for the producers - they don't want to come off as capitalizing on the man's death and basically just air his final days. But it just turned on a dime. Seeing Jonathan at the elevator weeping made you think, what the hell? Perhaps next week's will clear things up a bit.

Jake is a little %$($#& ..... Josh shoulda laid him out at the end.

If I remember right this is exactly what happened. I had gotten onto the Cornelia Marie website when this was all going on. It sounded like he had the stroke, had made a recovery for a week or so and then took a turn for the worse. You heard the doctor talking about the possibility of one of the small vessels getting a clot. I'm wondering if that's what ended up happening.

I took the whole Johnathon thing as he was leaving Anchorage and realized that could very well be the last time he sees him.

What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

Addict
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 7

Quick Question: I missed the episode where Jake addiction came to light. What is it exactly he is addicted to, and how did Phil and eveyrone come to find out about it?

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    If I remember right this is exactly what happened. I had gotten onto the Cornelia Marie website when this was all going on. It sounded like he had the stroke, had made a recovery for a week or so and then took a turn for the worse. You heard the doctor talking about the possibility of one of the small vessels getting a clot. I'm wondering if that's what ended up happening.

I took the whole Johnathon thing as he was leaving Anchorage and realized that could very well be the last time he sees him.
    That was my thought as well.

Can't imagine Jonathan leaving with Phil like that. My guess is that it's simply too tough to see a friend in that condition and realize what his future (even with the good prognosis) is going to be. Didn't Josh say something about being in the hospital for 8 months before he could get out?

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    Quick Question: I missed the episode where Jake addiction came to light. What is it exactly he is addicted to, and how did Phil and eveyrone come to find out about it?
    2 weeks ago I think, maybe three. At the very end of the show Phil busted him in his cabin stealing his pain meds.

All glazed over. Phil damn near threw him off the boat.

Got a real insight into Phil that show, and the beginning of the next (of course this event was the hook for the following episode). I know Phil smoked like chimney and ran his body to the ragged edge. But Jake didn't do him any favors over the years. Even this season. Every little thing he did, and knowing what was coming for Phil, just makes you sick to watch.

All-Star
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by GeronimusClone View Post
    The conversation Freddy and Josh had two weeks ago in the wheelhouse about had me in tears.
    It's as if Josh has been prepared for his Dad's passing for quite awhile, while Jake is just losing it. Great contrast in those two kids about how different people handle emotion. It's like the two sides of Phil's personality split into his sons. Great story being told this season.
    Agreed. In all my time spent watching the show, the conversation between Freddy and Josh was probably the most "real" moment I've ever seen. I honestly believe if not for that talk that Josh would have made the next trip out. He has to be grateful that Freddy brought him around as he never would have forgiven himself it he wasn't there when Phil passed. It hit me harder last night than it did the first time I saw it. I suppose it was watching it right after seeing what Phil had to say about Freddy that really made it hit home, but I was a little misty last night.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Phil caught him stealing his pain pills, completely flipped and told him once they got back to Dutch that he was off the boat and he never wanted to see him again. Then Jake told him he was an addict. Didn't say to what.

The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.

GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Pro
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

Phil caught Jake stealing his pain meds.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Phil caught Jake stealing his pain meds and told him he was done and out of his life. Jake then told Phil he was an addict. It all happened while on the Cornelia Marie. I believe Phil was going to drop Jake off and have him go to rehab when they off loaded and that is when Phil had the stroke.

"Not at the table Carlos."

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 47

That's the way it happened, all of a sudden he started to do better, and then just as sudden it turned.. The past couple of weeks I thought Mike Rowe hasn't been doing a very good job dealing with the subject of Phil's death. It is too soon for everyone, it was only a few months ago, and they're all still coping with it. Anyone else also notice he's always drinking Sea Breezes and Bailey's & Coffees (maybe Irish). Man up Mike! Drink some of your major sponsor's free Coors Light!

I can't rag on Jake, his dad was dying. Looks like Josh had one of those smokeless cigarette tube deals at the table, clearly trying to get rid of vice after his father passed.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 19

Next week is going to be a tough episode for sure. It was sad hearing them talk with the doctors, knowing things are going to take a turn for the worse...

On the lighter side, I thought the interaction between Keith and his 11 yr old daughter trying to get him to quit chewing tobacco was hilarious. That was one of my favorite scenes of this season.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    Next week is going to be a tough episode for sure. It was sad hearing them talk with the doctors, knowing things are going to take a turn for the worse...

On the lighter side, I thought the interaction between Keith and his 11 yr old daughter trying to get him to quit chewing tobacco was hilarious. That was one of my favorite scenes of this season.
    That little girl is a ballbuster.