Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 105,825, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,581
    Points
    105,825
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Last edited by RhoadsRage; 07-11-2010 at 12:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 151,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,083
    Points
    151,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 10

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    I bet if they check for missing boats, they would find one.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 272,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,509
    Points
    272,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Can't wait until this kid gets what is coming to him.

    The fact some make him out to be a hero is insulting.


    Last edited by isuno1fan; 07-07-2010 at 09:14 AM.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 151,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,083
    Points
    151,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 10

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Can't wait until this kid gets what it coming to him.

    The fact some make him out to be a hero is insulting.

    Modern day Billy the Kid, without all the killing.


    Not a hero, but sometimes you just have to pull for the man in the black hat.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 272,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,509
    Points
    272,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    Modern day Billy the Kid, without all the killing.


    Not a hero, but sometimes you just have to pull for the man in the black hat.

    Whatever. I hope he steals something of value from your property since you are "pulling for him".



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 151,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,083
    Points
    151,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 10

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Whatever. I hope he steals something of value from your property since you are "pulling for him".
    The only thing of value this guy can take from me that is useful for him are my vehicles. So if he takes my '93 Escort that has been on it's last leg since 2002, so be it. His mistake. The other car is heavily insured, including theft protection. The truck doesn't run.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 272,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,509
    Points
    272,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    The only thing of value this guy can take from me that is useful for him are my vehicles. So if he takes my '93 Escort that has been on it's last leg since 2002, so be it. His mistake. The other car is heavily insured, including theft protection. The truck doesn't run.
    Perhaps he could steal your identity. No harm there...social security number, couple credit cards, bank account numbers. I'm sure you'd be fine to lend him that so he can continue skirting the law and you can stand on the sideline and cheer him on!



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 151,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,083
    Points
    151,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 10

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Perhaps he could steal your identity. No harm there...social security number, couple credit cards, bank account numbers. I'm sure you'd be fine to lend him that so he can continue skirting the law and you can stand on the sideline and cheer him on!

    And how is he going to pull this off? Everything that has any info on me is in places that can't be obtained without ripping my house apart. Then you still have to get in the safe. Sounds like this kid never has that kind of time.

    Dude, I own a shredder for a reason.

    I find it utterly hilarious that you are so offended by this guy and insulted by anybody who just doesn't care if he is caught or not.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 213,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,839
    Points
    213,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 385

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    I like his style. He gets points for that.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 651,043, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,520
    Points
    651,043
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,074
    Given: 226

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Pretty impressive that he apparently taught himself to fly.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 272,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,509
    Points
    272,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    And how is he going to pull this off? Everything that has any info on me is in places that can't be obtained without ripping my house apart. Then you still have to get in the safe. Sounds like this kid never has that kind of time.

    Dude, I own a shredder for a reason.

    I find it utterly hilarious that you are so offended by this guy and insulted by anybody who just doesn't care if he is caught or not.

    What he has done has cost several folks alot of money. Sure no one is getting physically hurt (yet), but having things stolen takes an emotional toll as well as making others pay the bill for his misgivings.
    I'm not saying he deserves the death penalty, but anyone that believes he is some sort of cult icon deserves to have something stolen from them to see how it feels.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 151,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,083
    Points
    151,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 10

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Butch & Sundance
    Bonnie & Clyde
    Barefoot Bandit


    Sure, the law wins in the end, but the stories are amazing.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 151,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,083
    Points
    151,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 10

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    What he has done has cost several folks alot of money. Sure no one is getting physically hurt (yet), but having things stolen takes an emotional toll as well as making others pay the bill for his misgivings.
    I'm not saying he deserves the death penalty, but anyone that believes he is some sort of cult icon deserves to have something stolen from them to see how it feels.

    Maybe you should focus on BP, who's actions, well inactions, are far more damaging than anything this kid will ever do.

    Airplanes are insured, costal waters are not.

    The emotional toll of losing a car for a few days? God, if people are this sensitive, they deserve to get stolen from.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 272,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,509
    Points
    272,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    Maybe you should focus on BP, who's actions, well inactions, are far more damaging than anything this kid will ever do.

    Airplanes are insured, costal waters are not.

    The emotional toll of losing a car for a few days? God, if people are this sensitive, they deserve to get stolen from.
    Yes...the BP situation is the same
    Exellent point.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 151,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,083
    Points
    151,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 10

    Re: Barfoot Bandit May be in the Bahamas

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Yes...the BP situation is the same
    Exellent point.

    Nobody said they were the same. Nice attempt to pigeon-hole your opponent.


    You are offended that this guy has cost a few individuals some money and inconvenience, yet on a grander scale that costs many more their entire livelihoods, you sit silently in the corner.


    I guess people choose their own battles. I prefer to choose the battles that actually matter in the long run.

    Now, if we get 300,000 Barefoot Bandit copycats, you might have a reason for concern. Until that happens, I feel you are making a mountain out of a molehill.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM