Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

Seantrel Henderson to Miami instead of USC?

What, just because it's a holiday you thought you were going to get a break from round-the-clock coverage of Seantrel Henderson? That's just crazy talk.

The latest installment of the lineman's saga comes once again from the St. Paul Pioneer Press and further buttresses the fact that the feet of the nation's top recruit could be getting so cold that he may very well wind up playing at the collegiate level on the opposite coast.

According to Charley Walters of the Pioneer Press, Henderson was in Miami on Saturday. Miami, of course, was reportedly Henderson's second choice after the Trojans on his to-go list, and Walters reported last week that Henderson was leaning toward the Hurricanes yet again.

Combined with the fact that head coach Lane Kiffin and several other members of the football program have twice flown to Henderson's home in Minnesota in an attempt to "re-recruit" the tackle -- not to mention the Henderson camp refusing to comment on his status -- it would seem the odds are very long that Henderson ever puts on a cardinal and gold jersey.

Walters also raises an interesting point regarding Henderson's Letter of Intent. The Henderson's are claiming that Kiffin assured the recruit there would be no major sanctions for the football program, and that could be used as a way to secure a waiver from the NCAA in getting out of the LOI and not having to sit out a transfer year.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 515
    Given: 794

Re: Seantrel Henderson to Miami instead of USC?

Quote Originally Posted by hurdleisu24 View Post
    What, just because it's a holiday you thought you were going to get a break from round-the-clock coverage of Seantrel Henderson? That's just crazy talk.

The latest installment of the lineman's saga comes once again from the St. Paul Pioneer Press and further buttresses the fact that the feet of the nation's top recruit could be getting so cold that he may very well wind up playing at the collegiate level on the opposite coast.

According to Charley Walters of the Pioneer Press, Henderson was in Miami on Saturday. Miami, of course, was reportedly Henderson's second choice after the Trojans on his to-go list, and Walters reported last week that Henderson was leaning toward the Hurricanes yet again.

Combined with the fact that head coach Lane Kiffin and several other members of the football program have twice flown to Henderson's home in Minnesota in an attempt to "re-recruit" the tackle -- not to mention the Henderson camp refusing to comment on his status -- it would seem the odds are very long that Henderson ever puts on a cardinal and gold jersey.

Walters also raises an interesting point regarding Henderson's Letter of Intent. The Henderson's are claiming that Kiffin assured the recruit there would be no major sanctions for the football program, and that could be used as a way to secure a waiver from the NCAA in getting out of the LOI and not having to sit out a transfer year.
    That would be great for Miami, they need a dominating D lineman to bring them back to prominace.

Walk On
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    That would be great for Miami, they need a dominating D lineman to bring them back to prominace.

Henderson played d-line in high school as well as o-line, but he looks to be an offensive lineman in college.

All of the other USC freshmen are currently enrolled in summer school and Henderson is up in the Twin Cities playing AAU basketball. Size wise, he is 6'8" and 355 pounds. Wow.

Henderson's dad is a tool. I know a family member of one of the coaches who recruited Henderson for a Big 10 school. During his home visit, this coach had to listen to Henderson's dad rap. I am not so sure there wasn't a bit of relief when Henderson did not choose their school.

Addict
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90

If Kiffin did promise no major sanctions even though it was pretty well known within USC that there were going to be (see Carrol's departure), then I can see his LOI being waived. I don't know if that means that he'll be able to play this season, but he at least shouldn't face the tougher penalties that come when a school will not release you from your LOI.

That being said, since he has signed his LOI with USC how can Miami even be talking to him? I thought that with a signed LOI, a school could not be talking about a player coming there until he has been released or the start of the school year.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    If Kiffin did promise no major sanctions even though it was pretty well known within USC that there were going to be (see Carrol's departure), then I can see his LOI being waived. I don't know if that means that he'll be able to play this season, but he at least shouldn't face the tougher penalties that come when a school will not release you from your LOI.

That being said, since he has signed his LOI with USC how can Miami even be talking to him? I thought that with a signed LOI, a school could not be talking about a player coming there until he has been released or the start of the school year.
    The player can initiate the contact withany school. School's can talk but cannot initiate contact.

"Not at the table Carlos."

Starter
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Be a very nice pickup for the Canes. Being a UM fan, I'd like to see him laying some guys out for the next 3 years.

Cy 'till I Die

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 63

Quote Originally Posted by ISUguy View Post
    Henderson played d-line in high school as well as o-line, but he looks to be an offensive lineman in college.

All of the other USC freshmen are currently enrolled in summer school and Henderson is up in the Twin Cities playing AAU basketball. Size wise, he is 6'8" and 355 pounds. Wow.

Henderson's dad is a tool. I know a family member of one of the coaches who recruited Henderson for a Big 10 school. During his home visit, this coach had to listen to Henderson's dad rap. I am not so sure there wasn't a bit of relief when Henderson did not choose their school.
    +1
    St Paul Pioneer Press had a story about his recruiting process, one of the highlight was his dad bashing Jim Tressell as "boring" and "long-winded".

Florida sent Mac (yes, Dan McCarney) but I don't think he was really impressed because Urban Meyer didn't come to the Cities for follow-up recruiting visit. As a result, they didn't offer schoolarship to him saying that they only offered scholarship for someone who really considers playing for them.

Last edited by cyclone13; 07-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 823
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 1

This kid and his parents are nothing but trouble. I would be very hesitant to take him.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 63

LOL at Some of This Recruiting Stuff - The Quad Blog - NYTimes.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/04/sp...ewanted=1&_r=1

I'm sure some of you have already read these articles but for you who haven't, feel free to do so. It's pretty hilarious

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 901

USC is more of a maroon. Not cardinal.