Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 128

Notre Dame tickets???

Ok before I get flamed, Iowa State is always my number 1 favorite team and my alma mater but I have always wanted to go to a Notre Dame game in South Bend! Has anybody here ever gone to a ND game? How much did you pay and what is the best way to get single game tickets? I just got done watching Rudy and now I want to go to a game even more and it makes me excited for football season! Thanks in advance.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 549

Re: Notre Dame tickets???

I've been, although we had a family member that went there and hooked us up with free tickets, so I can't help you out there. It is an amazing experience though. I was at the ND v Washington game last year that went into OT.

I'd try stubhub for tickets.

Pro
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

I was there also ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 61

I'm obviously a diehard Cyclone, but I have always wanted to go to a game at Notre Dame Stadium. Was going to try to go this year on my bye week for football, but I now have a home cross country and home volleyball tournament that weekend. Guess I won't be in South Bend.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    I'm obviously a diehard Cyclone, but I have always wanted to go to a game at Notre Dame Stadium. Was going to try to go this year on my bye week for football, but I now have a home cross country and home volleyball tournament that weekend. Guess I won't be in South Bend.
    I went to a Notre Dame vs. Pitt game in 2004 just because a game at ND was something on my sports to do list. I managed to score tickets by browsing this message board ticket thread.

A reminder of what "face value" means

The moderators of this board are actually pretty strict about selling for face value, and believe it or not I did not have all that much trouble securing 4 tickets (although only able to get 2 and 2 together instead of all 4). Western Michigan, Tulsa, and Utah should be the easiest tickets to get.

Prospect
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tcufrog86 View Post
    I went to a Notre Dame vs. Pitt game in 2004 just because a game at ND was something on my sports to do list. I managed to score tickets by browsing this message board ticket thread.

A reminder of what "face value" means

The moderators of this board are actually pretty strict about selling for face value, and believe it or not I did not have all that much trouble securing 4 tickets (although only able to get 2 and 2 together instead of all 4). Western Michigan, Tulsa, and Utah should be the easiest tickets to get.
    We have gone several times and always scalped tickets before the game. If you find them on campus they can't go over face value for them. We haven't been shut out yet.

Prospect
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by phipsiclones View Post
    Ok before I get flamed, Iowa State is always my number 1 favorite team and my alma mater but I have always wanted to go to a Notre Dame game in South Bend! Has anybody here ever gone to a ND game? How much did you pay and what is the best way to get single game tickets? I just got done watching Rudy and now I want to go to a game even more and it makes me excited for football season! Thanks in advance.
    If you know me from CR, you know I'm a big ND fan as well as ISU fan. I go to at least one ND game every year. If you don't have a connection ahead of time, you can get tickets at the game for under face value without any trouble. Demand is way down. Even in Kelly's first year. This was the first year the alumni lottery requests all got filled from what I understand.

Anyway, just go get tickets at the game. Don't waste your money paying 2 to 3 times face on Stubhub. Only game this year where demand will be high is Michigan. If you go later this year you can get tickets with absolutely no problems to the last 3-4 home games.

Prospect
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1

I should also add, you won't regret going. I wasn't an ND fan at all before the first time I went in 2003. I visited a buddy who was a Senior at ND for the Rutgers game. I fell in love with the place. ND's campus is one of my favorite places I've ever visited.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,064
    Given: 566

While we're making confessions here, I was flipping through my on screen guide, and almost stopped to watch a replay of Iowa vs UNI on the Big Ten network. I really, really need football to start soon.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

I was at the ND vs. USC game in 2005. This is when the "Bush Push" happened! It was a disappointing night to be an Irish fan. It was an AWESOME atmosphere! I was one of the many ND fans booing but I still had a great time.

Pro
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 2

Going to a game at ND is one of numerous places on my "bucket list of stadiums"

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    While we're making confessions here, I was flipping through my on screen guide, and almost stopped to watch a replay of Iowa vs UNI on the Big Ten network. I really, really need football to start soon.
    I don't know if I would go that far, but I did watch Pats vs Giants Superbowl earlier.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I am someone that lived in South Bend, Indiana for over 5 years ...

you can ALWAYS get ND tix on the day of the game (just like in Lincoln or Ann Arbor or everywhere else)

the price you pay will depend on all the usual factors (how good the home team is that year and how good the opponent is are the biggest two)

but there are ALWAYS tickets available

... and EVERYONE should go to a game at Notre Dame, it is defenitely worth whatever price you pay

I'm on twitter @mookjnsn ... me, not her.

Addict
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 128

Great, thanks for all the info everybody!!! I may see if I can go on September 4th against Purdue. Iowa State plays on the Thursday before so I will get to watch both games!! Does anybody know if it will be hard to walk up and get tickets because it is an in state game??? If that doesn't work, on October 16th ND plays Western Michigan and ISU is at Oklahoma so I am sure you could walk up and get tickets for ND. Or possibly watch ND vs Utah (watch Utah again lol) on 11/13 when ISU is at Colorado.

Thanks again!

Last edited by CysRage; 07-04-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Addict
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

One thing you might try is to call the visiting teams ticket office to see if they sold their whole allotment, and get tickets that way if they haven't. Granted, that might not work in a place like South Bend, but depending on what game you go to (say a service academy), they could have tickets left over.

Of course, all of that is based on the assumption that Notre Dame has to give visiting teams a set number of tickets like Iowa and ISU have to do