Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Starter Wingback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    758
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class


  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 356,496, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,988
    Points
    356,496
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 358
    Given: 47

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    So if Nebraska two recruits are that good will one of them be the starting QB on opening day?


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 397,896, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,608
    Points
    397,896
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 336

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    So if Nebraska two recruits are that good will one of them be the starting QB on opening day?
    My buddies here have been saying similar. Gotta luv it.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 93,120, Level: 94
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dow City, IA
    Posts
    5,656
    Points
    93,120
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 40

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Does anyone else realize that it doesn't matter WHO Nebraska signs? ISU will never see any single player that they sign in February on the football field. Nebraska could sign the best class in the country and it would have basically zero effect on ISU. I guess the great QBs will help you beat iowa, so good luck I guess (not even sure yet who I'll root for there).



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    395
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    So if Nebraska two recruits are that good will one of them be the starting QB on opening day?
    No need because they have recruited a 4* QB each of the past two seasons.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 39,895, Level: 61
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,627
    Points
    39,895
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 3

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by MrReality View Post
    No need because they have recruited a 4* QB each of the past two seasons.
    4 star according to who? Cody Green was a legitimate talent, but I think their dual threat from last year, Brion Carnes, was only thought of well by rivals, and I think they had him making a position switch. Rivals also loved Zach Lee. What a stud...



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    395
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    4 star according to who? Cody Green was a legitimate talent, but I think their dual threat from last year, Brion Carnes, was only thought of well by rivals, and I think they had him making a position switch. Rivals also loved Zach Lee. What a stud...
    Cody Green (#6 dual threat QB) and Brion Carnes (#7 dual threat QB) were both 4* according to Rivals.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 127,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,799
    Points
    127,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 77

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingback View Post
    Zac Lee would not start for a single Big 12 school, aside from NU of course.



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    395
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Rivals also loved Zach Lee. What a stud...
    By no means am I saying Zac Lee is a good QB, but his stats were pretty much identical to Arnaud's from last season. Arnaud had one more passing attempt, one more completion, the exact same # of TD passes, and Arnaud threw 3 more picks. Also, Arnaud was starting for the second year and Zac Lee was a first time starter.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 214,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,049
    Points
    214,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by MrReality View Post
    By no means am I saying Zac Lee is a good QB, but his stats were pretty much identical to Arnaud's from last season. Arnaud had one more passing attempt, one more completion, the exact same # of TD passes, and Arnaud threw 3 more picks. Also, Arnaud was starting for the second year and Zac Lee was a first time starter.
    Did anyone say Arnaud was really good last season? He played most of the games injured, and he ran fairly well last year. This was also the first year of Arnaud's 3rd offense he has had to learn.


    Last edited by JUKEBOX; 06-28-2010 at 02:15 PM.

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 127,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,799
    Points
    127,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 77

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    +1, Arnaud had a broken freaking hand! Zac Lee just sucks all around at least Arnaud looked ok (minus Iowa game) when he had a bad game, Zac Lee on the other hand is just aweful, obviously so is Cody Greene if he cant win the job over Lee.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 60,035, Level: 75
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    3,295
    Points
    60,035
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Bubba Starling who Nebraska signed as is mentioned in that article is also going to be a first round draft pick in baseball. From what I understand his first love is baseball, so that could go either way. Wouldn't be surprised if he did keep his commitment, if he played both while at NU


    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    395
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by JUKEBOX View Post
    Did anyone say Arnaud was really good last season? He played most of the games injured, and he ran fairly well last year.
    This isn't necessarily directed at you. I just find if funny that ISU fans talk about how terrible Zac Lee is (he played the entire conference season with a torn tendon in his throwing arm that required surgery the day after their bowl game), yet they think Arnaud is going to have this break out season this year. Both QB's played injured. Lee was a first time starter and Arnaud was playing in a new offense. So how is Arnaud poised to have a break out year, but Zac Lee is still going to suck, and according to UNIcyguy, the worst QB in the Big 12? Like I said, by no means am I saying Lee is good, but I would take him over Kale Pick, either of the CU QB's (spare me on the Tyler Hansen thing...he sucks too), any choice K-State has, OSU's guy, and in my opinion it's a toss up between Lee and Arnaud.

    Now that I've typed that all out I realize how crappy the QB play is going to be in the Big 12 this year.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,759, Level: 65
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,426
    Points
    44,759
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    if u keeping doing the slide show it shows the 10 worst states...iowa is on there...


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 214,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,049
    Points
    214,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruiting...Texas best OL and DB Class (so far), Nebraska best QB Class

    Quote Originally Posted by MrReality View Post
    This isn't necessarily directed at you. I just find if funny that ISU fans talk about how terrible Zac Lee is (he played the entire conference season with a torn tendon in his throwing arm that required surgery the day after their bowl game), yet they think Arnaud is going to have this break out season this year. Both QB's played injured. Lee was a first time starter and Arnaud was playing in a new offense. So how is Arnaud poised to have a break out year, but Zac Lee is still going to suck, and according to UNIcyguy, the worst QB in the Big 12? Like I said, by no means am I saying Lee is good, but I would take him over Kale Pick, either of the CU QB's (spare me on the Tyler Hansen thing...he sucks too), any choice K-State has, OSU's guy, and in my opinion it's a toss up between Lee and Arnaud.

    Now that I've typed that all out I realize how crappy the QB play is going to be in the Big 12 this year.
    I just wrote out a well thought out response and CF had a Database error and the whole thing got erased. Wow...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 02:30 PM