Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Gameday Attire and Superstitions

Do you all have anything special you like to wear when you watch/attend ISU football games? I always wear a jersey of a current player, and about once a year or so I will wear my old Seneca Wallace jersey. I've been trying to find a Troy Davis jersey for awhile, but haven't had any luck.

I don't have any gameday superstitions, but I've always enjoyed reading about the superstitions of fans, and so many of them are tied to what people wear, so I figured it would be good to combine the two.

Last edited by CPRsavedMYlife; 06-28-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 21

Re: Gameday Attire and Superstitions

My attire consists of Game Worn JJ Bass/ Ryan Baum jersey with a pair of Iowa State Sweat Pants with ISU shorts on, no matter how cold it is i always wear the jersey with a sleeveless under armour on underneath...
    For superstitions.. always wear the same Under armour after each win... if we lose i change the under armour. always have to have a hamburger, then a brat i dunno what it is about it.. just my game day things...

*****Fearless Leader of the 2012 HawkeyeNation Trolling Invasion*****

Quote Originally Posted by Londo View Post
    If neither Texas and Oklahoma finish in the top 2 and we finish 7th or higher (all in the BXII of course) , I will legitimately cover myself in feathers, tape myself doing the chicken dance for no less than 3 minutes in the Iowa snow, and post the video to CF in a new thread on Dec. 14th. Book it. Quote me. Do whatever you need to do

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFB View Post
    My attire consists of Game Worn JJ Bass/ Ryan Baum jersey with a pair of Iowa State Sweat Pants with ISU shorts on, no matter how cold it is i always wear the jersey with a sleeveless under armour on underneath...
    For superstitions.. always wear the same Under armour after each win... if we lose i change the under armour. always have to have a hamburger, then a brat i dunno what it is about it.. just my game day things...
    OCD?

Legend
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 460
    Given: 900

I try to wear my Cyclone gear that is as far away from the visiting team's colors as possible (Very little cardinal for OU, kNU, TT, A&M; very little gold for MU, CU, BU, UofI). I like to make sure that I am not contributing to the impression that the team brought a lot of fans to our stadium/arena.

On the other hand, I knew a high school BB coach who made it a point to ALWAYS wear a tie that matched one or both of the opponent's colors to the game. I think he perceived a psychological advantage to this practice.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CPRsavedMYlife View Post
    Do you all have anything special you like to wea when you watch/attend ISU football games? I always wear a jersey of a current player, and about once a year or so I will wear my old Seneca Wallace jersey. I've been trying to find a Troy Davis jersey for awhile, but haven't had any luck.

I don't have any gameday superstitions, but I've always enjoyed reading about the superstitions of fans, and so many of them are tied to what people wear, so I figured it would be good to combine the two.

I usually try to wear a concert tshirt from the late 80's, something really gay. Around 30 minutes before game time, I like to try and make sure I have at least half a bottle of jack, and a little pizza sauce splattered on the front........

but this year I might have to splurge for a **** Nebraska T shirt, for every game...

Lifetime Achievement- In on page 1 of a THujone MS Paint thread.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JUKEBOX View Post
    OCD?
    ya know.. i've often thought i had that... but there are some stranger people out there. i was tailgating with a friend of mine... every 5 minutes he asks us what time it was.. finally we asked him.. if it was an afternoon kick.. he always had to have a beer at 11:15... weird i know

If neither Texas and Oklahoma finish in the top 2 and we finish 7th or higher (all in the BXII of course) , I will legitimately cover myself in feathers, tape myself doing the chicken dance for no less than 3 minutes in the Iowa snow, and post the video to CF in a new thread on Dec. 14th. Book it. Quote me. Do whatever you need to do

All-Star
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I have a cardinal and gold striped ISU polo from the 1980's that I have worn to every single ISU game since 2000. It is awesome, even though the red is fading to a pinkish color. The logo on it is the old cyclone with Iowa State in cursive above it. Not too many of them around anymore.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

ya know.. i've often thought i had that... but there are some stranger people out there. i was tailgating with a friend of mine... every 5 minutes he asks us what time it was.. finally we asked him.. if it was an afternoon kick.. he always had to have a beer at 11:15... weird i know
    I kind of have some OCD tendicies as well, but not much on gameday. The only thing is if I have to take a leak, and if ISU is winning, I hold it. The two times I've done it is the Nebraska game and the Insight bowl.

Last edited by JUKEBOX; 06-28-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Legend
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 460
    Given: 900

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    I try to wear my Cyclone gear that is as far away from the visiting team's colors as possible (Very little cardinal for OU, kNU, TT, A&M; very little gold for MU, CU, BU, UofI). I like to make sure that I am not contributing to the impression that the team brought a lot of fans to our stadium/arena.

On the other hand, I knew a high school BB coach who made it a point to ALWAYS wear a tie that matched one or both of the opponent's colors to the game. I think he perceived a psychological advantage to this practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneryan View Post
    I have a cardinal and gold striped ISU polo from the 1980's that I have worn to every single ISU game since 2000. It is awesome, even though the red is fading to a pinkish color. The logo on it is the old cyclone with Iowa State in cursive above it. Not too many of them around anymore.
    I see you have found a way to work around my problem. I should have thought of that.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Pro
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

For my first four years I wore this really nice wool uniform in red and white, but they made me super hot for the early games. Then I upgraded to khakis and a blue blazer for my 5th season.

Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

And thank you Stumpy for this:

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Well, I have not changed my boxers since the Insight Bowl and the football team has not lost since.

All-Star
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 121

That would get annoying, buy him a watch with an alarm setting so he does not miss 11:15.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by TruClone View Post
    That would get annoying, buy him a watch with an alarm setting so he does not miss 11:15.
    we did for next year..
    damn insight bowl tailgating was getting annoying..

Addict
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 23

I usually buy two new ISU T-shirts (and one hat) every summer. Gotta break out the new stuff for the first game. Next few games I mix in a jersey and some of my older shirts. By the time November comes, I break out the sweatshirts that I picked up during basketball season.

Last edited by Frak; 06-28-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Thumbs Up

I wear the same outfit to every game. It consists of classic velcro Nike's that have waffle iron bottoms and are yellow, with red socks. I wear red and yellow striped pants with red suspenders. For my shirt I sport an old school yellow ISU shirt with an old school cy on it. It is getting rather old and dingy, soon I am going to have to replace it :(, if its cold i will wear a yellow ISU hoody. To top it all off I wear a red wig. I know it sounds stupid but people usually get a kick out of the outfit.

The only superstition I have is I wont wash the shirt I am wearing until we lose agian. So the Cy T-shirt that I wore for the bowl game is still sitting in my closet from the trip waiting for this year. I came up with this idea due to the fact that my shirt is to a point where it is fragile and I am affraid if I wash it too much it will further wear it out. Plus I dont want to wash the luck out of it.

PUT TILLER IN!!!!!