Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

KSU Rankings of Football Positions- North (Very Long)

I posted this over on CR as well but I thought I would post it here. These are pretty laughable, I always thought Blythe would easily be the best receiver in the big 12 this year. Maybe not going off of stats last year due to him being out most of the year. But looking at these rankings you would think KSU is definitely contending for the big 12 championship. He posted these in seperate threads so I will do my best to compile them into one post!

QB
    1. Freeman-You can say all you want about last year, but that was last year. Had a terrible line, and a below average defense which didn't help him. In 2007, those two things will be vastly improved.(Especially the defense)
    2. Daniel-The reason why he is not # 1, is because the defense this year will probably be worse, which defenitley will not help him at all.
    3. Keller- Nebraska fans he was good in the Pac-10, but he still got replaced. Don't care about his stats. Had to sit out a year, so who knows? That is why he is 3.
    4. Meyer- Good qb but not solid. We will see about this year.
    5. Meier- Injuried proned and an average qb at best and Reesing might be him out.
    6. Hawkins- If Freeman struggled as a true Freshman then Hawkins will to.

RB
    1. Patton- Ah the Huskers are laughing at this. Go look at his stats only in the conference. He leads everybody! And he is the youngest! Even with a bad oline look at his stats. He only played a part of the season also.
    2. Temple- If he can hold onto the ball, then he is very decent.(Big If)
    3. Johnson- Yes all you non KSU fans. He is legit. Patton and him are a dynamic duo in that backfield.
    4. Lucky- Hard to predict? Showed glimpses of excellence but can he be consistent. He could very well be #1.
    5. Charles- Good rb, but needs a defenite line. Sorry Guys but if this line is just average, i mean average Patton will shine. Also patton led in stats in the conference while splitting with another back. (Yes Nebraska fans I know about your 4 backs.)

WR's-
    This could go anywhere so don't rag on me if doesn't please you.
    1. Maurice Purify(NEB)- When I look at the all big 12 teams, he is the only one there.(2nd team)
    2. Jordy Nelson(KSU)- Before he got hurt, he was one of the best in the Big 12.( He was ranked like 4th) Has a great speed/size combo.
    3. Todd Blythe(ISU)- He is good but teams learned how to take him down. Can he recover from that injury? Can Iowa State's line give enough time? Who knows but this is a safe pick.

Honarable Mention-
    Murphy(KU), Franklin(MU), sorry couldn't find much.

TE's=
    1.Rucker(MU)- Safe pick. Amazing TE. Teams did start to stop him late in the season.
    2.Coffman(MU)- Another really good one. They don't have great recievers so they have good TE's.
    3.Norwood(KDU)/Ku's guy/Colorado's young kid/Jeron Mastrud(KSU)= All of these guys are solid, and all of them will be good. Mastrud show lot of glimpses last year as a true freshman and he is on his way, and same with Coorado's kid. But in the end, Missouri may not have a lot of WR's, but their TE's are exceptional. If teams can shut them down, then they are done. Unless Daniel pulls something out of his hat. It will be hard to stop them though.

Dline
    1.Rob Jackson(KSU)- I am not being biased. This guy is a freak. Go to inside.kstatesports.com, and you will find out how good he is. He was great against Texas, and will destroy opposing Qb's. Trust me other fans, he is #1. I'll admit Freeman isn't #1, but Jackson is.
    2. James Mclinton(KU)- Guy is a stud on a below average defense. He will be one of the few bright spots on KU's defense. Very solid pick.
    Ian Cambpell would be # 1 but he is moving to linebacker. Will be in a 3 point stance so he could be #1 if he does play on the line. If he didn't switch then yes he is no doubt #1.

Linebackers(Not including newcomers)
    1. Bo Ruud(Nebraska)- There you go Huskers. A solid linebacker and will be a really solid player. Earned 1st team this year, and probably next year also.
    2. Ian Cambpell(KSU)- Even though he is switching from DE, he will be in a 3 point stance a lot. He will be rushing a lot like last year.(Ian was a first teamer also.)
    3. Alvin Bowen-(ISU) He was a second teamer and made over 130 tackles! But he had to because the rest of the defense was awful. So I don't know about him.

Honorable Mention
    Walker(KSU), and sorrry Nebraska if I missed someone. Didn't research enough.

DB's
    1. Aqib Talib(KU)- Very good cornerback. The rest isn't great on his team but he is very good. Defenitley in the top 2.
    2. Josh Moore(KSU)- He is great and was undersized. He was overlooked by so many big schools. He added about 15 pounds, so now you are looking at one of the best in the Big 12.
    3. Marcus Watts(KSU)- Before he was hurt, he was an All American. He will probably be a first teamer.
    4. Terrence Wheatley(CU)- Very good player on a bad team. He will be good but his team will make him not so great. He could be #2 but I don't know much about him.
    5. Bowman(Nebraska)- This one is iffy. If he is healthy, then yes. We will have to see on this one. Good solid players for the Huskers.

I don't know if he missed O-line but I haven't seen it posted! Just thought I would post this to spark some conversation!

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Re: KSU Rankings of Football Positions- North (Very Long)

I didn't know KSU was so good.... Jordy who?

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by lennon3 View Post
    Linebackers(Not including newcomers)
    1. Bo Ruud(Nebraska)- There you go Huskers. A solid linebacker and will be a really solid player. Earned 1st team this year, and probably next year also.
    2. Ian Cambpell(KSU)- Even though he is switching from DE, he will be in a 3 point stance a lot. He will be rushing a lot like last year.(Ian was a first teamer also.)
    3. Alvin Bowen-(ISU) He was a second teamer and made over 130 tackles! But he had to because the rest of the defense was awful. So I don't know about him.

I thought Bowen would be higher ranked than a guy that just switched to linebacker

Starter
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Wow....KSU is going to be unreal this year with all of those studs!!! They almost have the top player at every position in the north division!!! It will be nothing short of an honor to see them play ISU. ESPN should really looking into hiring this analyst......lots of sarcasim

Starter
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

Didn't research enough.

I think this pretty much explains his opinions. And those massive purple goggles with the big gulp full of purple kool-aid to his side.

All-Star
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

Sports Weekly had a listing a couple weeks ago of their projections for the top 64 players 2008 NFL draft. They listed 9 wide receivers, 3 from the Big 12, but not Todd Blythe.

Addict
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 42

That was a good laugh. If Freeman is the best QB in the north next year, it will be yet another garbage year for this division.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99

These are KSU fans we're talking about. They are convinced they are winning the big 12 next year in basketball as well and they are sure Frank Martin is taking them to the promised land.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

1. Freeman-You can say all you want about last year, but that was last year. Had a terrible line, and a below average defense which didn't help him. In 2007, those two things will be vastly improved.(Especially the defense)
    2. Daniel-The reason why he is not # 1, is because the defense this year will probably be worse, which defenitley will not help him at all.
    So, the biggest factor in the QB rankings is the defenses? Huh? With brilliant logic like that how can you not respect these rankings?

I think Daniel should be number 1 and then there could be an argument about Meyer or Freeman after that.

Jordy Nelson is a good receiver (I looked and he had 8 TDs as a soph) but I don't see him as the same class as Blythe. Even in an off year Blythe had really good numbers and I think the problem was as much our own QB and coaches stopping Blythe than other teams.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 1,013

Let me guess, the guy who posted this on CR has the handle "The_Manhatter?"

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

QB

Oh my God, that's too funny. BTW, here's ole Text Boy's stats from KSU's spring game:

9-22-2; 44 Yards, 0 TD's, longest was 10 yards and sacked twice. BTW, Freeman's "team" in the Spring Game finished with a grand total of zero, yes zero offensive yards.

Starter
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post

Oh my God, that's too funny. BTW, here's ole Text Boy's stats from KSU's spring game:

9-22-2; 44 Yards, 0 TD's, longest was 10 yards and sacked twice. BTW, Freeman's "team" in the Spring Game finished with a grand total of zero, yes zero offensive yards.

While I agree with you that the Freeman synopsis was a tad off by the KSU poster, I hardly think using spring game stats is a way to validate your point. That's like me saying I averaged a triple double in practices when I was in high school.

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by trevn View Post
    While I agree with you that the Freeman synopsis was a tad off by the KSU poster, I hardly think using spring game stats is a way to validate your point. That's like me saying I averaged a triple double in practices when I was in high school.
    True, but if Freeman is sooooo good, shouldn't he be building off of last year's numbers, which BTW, were dead last among Big 12 passing QB's?

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyCy View Post
    Sports Weekly had a listing a couple weeks ago of their projections for the top 64 players 2008 NFL draft. They listed 9 wide receivers, 3 from the Big 12, but not Todd Blythe.
    Blythe has problems projecting to the NFL. Not much of a route runner, no deep speed, etc. He's a fine college touchdown catcher, but that's about it.

Rookie
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

1.Rob Jackson(KSU)- I am not being biased. This guy is a freak. Go to inside.kstatesports.com, and you will find out how good he is. He was great against Texas, and will destroy opposing Qb's. Trust me other fans, he is #1. I'll admit Freeman isn't #1, but Jackson is.

I found this after i read over it again, so he must have changed his rankings a little bit at QB