Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 2

Re: YOUR rules for golf...

Quote Originally Posted by davidrcr24 View Post
    you realize that it is good etiquette to join up with others and make 4-somes. The golf course, and pace of play is not designed for you to go out by your self and just fly around the course. In fact that would be my biggest pet peeve is the one some or two some that gets ****** at the 4 some for not letting them play through when the 4 some is playing on pace.
    I'm of the theory that you go to a golf course with the people you want to play with and they should keep it that way. It's like saying you go to the gym to shoot hoops by yourself and the gym tells you that you have to play five-on-five and run up and down. If you are out there by yourself, or with one other person for that matter, you should be allowed to do that...but just know that if you get stuck behind a slower group you have no god given right to play through them. I have no problem scheduling an extra hour or so in with golf of waiting on tee-boxes. I'd rather spend time waiting on tee-boxes with my friends than playing quickly with strangers.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

how in gods name are you or anyone capable of enjoying a round of golf with your wife or any women for that matter??
    She had a magazine...and she stayed in the cart and threw me a ball whenever I wanted to hit another, it was kind of nice... caddie of sorts. Now if she decided to play, that's a whole other story.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,444
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 6

how in gods name are you or anyone capable of enjoying a round of golf with your wife or any women for that matter??
    Most of my rounds are with my wife. It might be shocking but some men actually enjoy spending time with their wife.

“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    I'm of the theory that you go to a golf course with the people you want to play with and they should keep it that way. It's like saying you go to the gym to shoot hoops by yourself and the gym tells you that you have to play five-on-five and run up and down. If you are out there by yourself, or with one other person for that matter, you should be allowed to do that...but just know that if you get stuck behind a slower group you have no god given right to play through them. I have no problem scheduling an extra hour or so in with golf of waiting on tee-boxes. I'd rather spend time waiting on tee-boxes with my friends than playing quickly with strangers.
    right but you are now taking up a full tee time just to yourself when it can be used to accommodate 3 other players, and on top of that now open up a tee time for another 4 some to play... so buy playing by yourself you are making it harder for others to play also... thats why they do that

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 7

If its going to take you 5 hours to walk the course, take a damn cart. Nothing pisses me off more than having a 5 hour round because someone likes to walk slow around the course.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    Most of my rounds are with my wife. It might be shocking but some men actually enjoy spending time with their wife.
    dont get me wrong i know lots of men that like spending time with there wife.. i actually like spending time with my girl friend... i just dont know to many where they enjoy doing it on the golf course

Addict
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,765
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 29

"Hot enuff fur ya?"

Can this line be banned from all golf courses?

CCG

All-Star
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

It's the 19th hole...

All-Star
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

dont get me wrong i know lots of men that like spending time with there wife.. i actually like spending time with my girl friend... i just dont know to many where they enjoy doing it on the golf course
    If you can find a nice quiet spot its kinda fun.

Addict
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,765
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 29

Stick with girlfriends my young man, until you can find one you'd want to spend time with on the course. Then, and only then, you've found marriage material. It doesn't mean you have to golf with her…but you shouldn't dread it.

Last edited by capitalcityguy; 06-21-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    CCG

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by linkshero View Post
    #1 Repair your ball mark on the green, and learn how to do it the right way!
    #2 If you don't putt out on the greens, you are not playing through....period.
    #3 Just because a course may offer free tees, don't take a handful every time you walk through the door.
    #4 I will stop smoking on the golf course, when you stop tearing it up with your golf cart.
    #5 If my waiving at a gnat while standing directly behind you bothers you, you are focused on the wrong thing my friend.
    #6 Stay off my ball. I don't need your help telling it to 'go', 'get up', 'sit', 'get down' or 'suck back'!
    #7 Double check that Titleist before you hit it. It's the number one ball in golf, so it might not be yours. Know what number you are playing, or invest in a sharpie.
    #8 Golf is not a hunting and gathering sport. Buy your own golf ball, play your own golf ball. If you see a ball that doesn't belong to you, leave it where it's at.
    #9 If I'm playing against you for money, don't ever say, "Wow, I never play this well"
    #10 If I'm playing with you, against someone else for money, don't ever say "Wow, I never play this bad"

just one time....Convince your buddies that you each get one 'throw' during the round, but you have to play it as it lies. Then, next time one of them tees their ball up, grab it, and throw it 50 yards into the nearby pond.

If number 6 really does bother you then maybe you need to refer to your own rule #5.

It may shock you, but some people actually like to see good golf shots hit and so they may get a bit excited during a round and speak out. What a rough round it must be for you if someone actually wishes your golf shot well......

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post

Dosry, You know what? I think I'll agree with you :)

Quote Originally Posted by bos
    You sir are a legend.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    If its going to take you 5 hours to walk the course, take a damn cart. Nothing pisses me off more than having a 5 hour round because someone likes to walk slow around the course.
    My experience is that it's usually not walking vs riding that causes a course to back up. It's usually more the result of hackers who spray balls all over the course and then take forever looking for their "good" ball. The other main cause of slow play are groups that go into slow motion when they get to the greens.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by dosry5 View Post
    If number 6 really does bother you then maybe you need to refer to your own rule #5.

It may shock you, but some people actually like to see good golf shots hit and so they may get a bit excited during a round and speak out. What a rough round it must be for you if someone actually wishes your golf shot well......
    Yep, one of my favorite things to do on the golf course is talk to my ball while its in the air.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfnb View Post
    1. Don't tell me you shot an 80 and I only beat you by 5 strokes (not counting your 3 mulligans on the front, 4 on the back, 3 lost balls you didn't count, 4 "foot- wedges" from behind trees during the round, and 15 gimmie putts from 3 feet)

2. Don't tell me how last week you shot a 78 but somehow today you'll do good to break 100

3. Fix your damn ball marks on the green and at least one other one

4. Don't give me golf tips when I didn't ask for any

5. Don't tell me how you are going to buy the new "insert brand name here" driver because you can't hit your current one. Invest in some lessons and make the round more enjoyable for both of us next time.

Best rule ever! I know I'm not a great golfer and I probably do things not always by the book. That doesn't mean I want to be constantly critiqued by some one who is beating me by two stokes. Just let me play. It's even worse when a stranger you're matched up with does it.

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

right but you are now taking up a full tee time just to yourself when it can be used to accommodate 3 other players, and on top of that now open up a tee time for another 4 some to play... so buy playing by yourself you are making it harder for others to play also... thats why they do that
    I can see why a course would want to fill as many tee times with 4 people in order to make money... but if that's the case I'll pass on a busy day. It's no fun playing with strangers...