Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Jeremy, question on recruiting!

Hey, i was just wondering if Jeremy or anyone else knows if ISU is still recruiting Evan Turner from Illinios... I know they were a while ago when Morgan was here and Turner was a 3 star at the time. He must have had an awesome season because the rivals top 150, just updated today, has him as the 23rd best player and he is also a 5 star now!! :| I know iowa is recruiting him... and i figured we would be high on his list since we all thought McD was high on midwestern recruits!!

Thnx to anyone who answers!!

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 164

Re: Jeremy, question on recruiting!

He won't be coming to ISU. He really doesn't fit the new style much, not to mention he's being looked at by at the elites now. I would guess he will announce he's going to choose Florida. He was really interested in Notre Dame until an assistant left there for Florida. Now Florida is on him like he's already made his decision to be a Gator.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Well that brings up the question are there any five stars that we are looking at for the next two classes?

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

About very highly rated players... i have another question for jeremy, when i saw someone talking about WM and McD recruiting.. I think you said somethin like WM had 4 stars but could never put the talent together but McD wont have the higher rated recruits and will turn them into studs(correct me if im wrong, cus thats a real good possibilty!!:P) But from your recent round ups it doesnt sound like we will be going after those types of players that hes going to take from nothing into a good player. It sounds like we will be in on 5 stars and 4 stars considering some think 08-09 will be the highest ranked class in ISU history.

Walk On
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Scott.....

Is that right... some people think our 08-09 class will be the best ever? I'm just curious why some people think that. i know we have a solid coaching staff but that seems like a long ways away to think that we will have that good of a class coming in. Is there a lot of highly touted instate recruits for that class that we have a good shot at?
    I know everyone's take on Gmac was that he couldn't recruit. While I certainly don' think that, I am just curious why we think we will have that good of a class so far out.

Drews79

Speechless
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

08/09 - I would be happy with 3 stars who could be performing better at a later date. Howver, maybe hope springs eternal.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Well if those sources in those round ups are correct which odds are they are because Jeremy seems to have his facts right, that would mean that they would have to b e highly rated coming out of highschool... If we are going to have one of the top "ranked" classes in isu history im guessing that means rankings out of highschool.. not how they are down the road.

Starter
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Jeremy,(or anyone) I broke my ankle and have been even more "out of the loop" than usual since haven't been on the site for 2 or 3 weeks (and I've got to get used to the new look).Can you give me a brief synopsis of who's decided to stay and leave from the MBB team and help me catch up a bit. Thanks!

Clone4ever

Speechless
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

Jeremy posted men's basketball roster upper lefthand corner- old and new and Bryce may put up the newcomers high school/juco stats later on.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.