Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

How one member of the rest of the B12 feels

While we are happy and it turned out ok, in the end it is still a TX fight.

All we have is a truce and the B12-2, is still a house divided.

To get a feel, listed below is a summary post from Paul Clarks equivalent on the Aggie boards. I am not agreeing, nor disagreeing, just showing how our conference mates feel.

We need to use the next few years to be ready for our own freedom.

RE POSTED WITH PERMISSION: (Mods, verification of this can be provided if needed, please pm me)

aggiembp

ADMIN
    Post #11537
    Houston
    MyFanPage
    Add Buddy
    My thoughts on the last 48 hours (sorta long) Reply
    Over the past couple of days, I’ve been on radio stations across the south, asking about realignment. And, at the end of each interview, the same question gets asked: “are you disappointed with this outcome?”
    Since I’m not only representing myself, but Rivals and all of you on these calls, I have yet to express may exact feelings?you’re damned right I am.
    The reasons for my disappointment and disgust are many, but it comes down to one major thing: we, the average Aggie (or Aggie fan) cannot trust the current leadership of our university to do what is right for the institution itself. Instead, we can count on political grandstanding, backroom deals, misinformation and childish reactions from those in positions of authority when we question their motives.
    It’s like we, all Aggies, are supposed to emulate the Fish in the Corps: shut your *** up and get back in line. Well, it should not, and cannot, be that way any longer.
    After reading President Loftin and Athletic Director Byrne’s weak attempts at spin today, I felt a whole lot worse than I did earlier. I got confirmation of what I’d reported earlier?yes, the SEC did want us. And yes, we folded like a deck of cards once any semblance of political pressure was applied.
    We all know the deal was in to take Texas A&M to the Pac-10 with Texas. This happened weeks ago, and met with Gov. Perry’s idea of keeping the Texas schools together. When the Board of Regents stood up and went in the other direction this past weekend, it was the first time anyone associated with the university had taken an independent action through this process. Sadly, it was undone the next day.
    We know the role Texas played in short-circuiting A&M’s bid for the SEC. We know the political pressure applied to the Board to get them to back down on Monday. Those are bad?that everyone involved with the university simply let it happen is worse.
    I’m both amused and saddened that now, after everything is supposedly done, the university’s officials come out and finally speak to "approved sources" after strangling discussion when it mattered. And, of course, the information we’re presented with speaks of the glories of the new situation. A&M gets more money; A&M keeps its rivalries; A&M doesn’t have to travel as much; it’s a better cultural fit and matches our academic standards.
    And, let us not forget, “We kept our word, which as an Aggie, is extremely important.”
    President Loftin, you kept your word to the University of Texas and the two men in Austin who could walk us into a corner: Rick Perry and DeLoss Dodds. You did not keep your word to the students, alumni and friends of Texas A&M University.
    Let’s examine the facts as we now know them: the SEC has an existing television contract that would, in essence, double A&M’s revenue right now. As it stands, we have a promise from Fox and the word of analysts hired by the desperate head of the Big 12 saying heck, we’ll get $20 million out of this!
    There’s nothing on paper. There’s nothing concrete. Just a promise. Looking at how you get to $20 million and the likelihood Fox will laugh at Texas and the 9 dwarves asking for a massive new deal gives you a pretty good idea that others may not be quite so Aggie-like.
    Bill Byrne dismisses the notion that the idea of Texas TV network is new. What IS new, Mr. Byrne, is that Texas knows nobody will attempt to stop them when they start it up. They will also stand to make the most money from this new contract, in spite of your cheerful announcements that A&M will suddenly be flush with cash.
    In case President Loftin and Director Byrne haven’t noticed, interest in Texas A&M football has slackened in recent years among the general populace, while interest in Texas football has never been greater. Part, maybe most, of that has to do with wins and losses. Some also has to do with A&M’s inability to develop an independent identity among all facets of the population?especially sports fans.
    The SEC presented that opportunity. It is an opportunity squandered, and one that will likely never come again. Even when the Big 12 crumbles again under the weight of Texas’ greed in a few years.
    The SEC allowed A&M to not only stand alone and separate from Texas, but presented the opportunity for A&M to compete in the best conference in the nation. The move alone would have reignited great excitement and interest, as is evident from the response of so many people on this board and elsewhere. It held the promise of new recruiting grounds and the lure of Saturday night games on ESPN. Instead, it’s back to the deep recesses of Fox Sports Net, if that.
    The opportunities offered by an SEC move go well beyond sports, which is something the administration has either forgotten or never considered. There are young, capable men and women who will contribute greatly to society in the future in places like Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky who have never seen or heard anything about Texas A&M. They would see the 12th Man, get a taste of the traditions and feel the lure of being part of it. This would increase A&M’s national standing academically?not to mention bring in out of state tuition.
    Sorry, not interested.
    Oh, the travel argument?ever heard of Ames, Iowa?
    The most distressing part of this whole matter is that we, the Aggie Family, were not trusted through this whole process. Our desires were ignored. In the end, we look like fools, cattle, bowing down to a strengthened Texas and praying for a promise to be kept. Because, after all, keeping promises is what Aggies do.
    Except to each other. True to each other? Out the window.
    In 1780, Benedict Arnold ran to the Hudson River and away from West Point after his treason was discovered through the capture of John Andre’. George Washington was waiting at his breakfast table for Arnold to return when the damning documents were brought to him.
    “Arnold has betrayed us!” he said to Alexander Hamilton and the Marquis de Lafayette. “Who shall we trust now?”
    If you’re an Aggie, it’s sure not the people entrusted with taking care of your school.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 2

Re: How one member of the rest of the B12 feels

walk a mile in our shoes you big babies.

Last edited by Palmer; 06-16-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    Carrying the banner for ISU.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 41

A&M fans do seem rather ******. Many Texags board posters are still pretty hot right now. The fan email (and AD's response voicemail) that went viral yesterday/today is an extreme example.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 9

Call the Whaaambulance Tx A&M we dont care.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125

Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    A&M fans do seem rather ******. Many Texags board posters are still pretty hot right now. The fan email (and AD's response voicemail) that went viral yesterday/today is an extreme example.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCHGLof8KIE]YouTube - Bill Byrne's Angry Voicemail Response To A&M Fan Email[/ame]

(for reference)

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    The email:
    bcsags04
    ——————————————————————————–

Hey a–holes [edit]

I am a third generation aggie and class of ‘06. my family and I, including many extend family members have had season tickets at kyle field for up to 20 yrs.

We also tailgate spending a lot of time and money during the fall in college station. That all ended today

We are canceling our season tickets and will never again donate to the 12th man until there is all new board of regents minus Gene Stallings, a new ad, new president (that guy is a disgrace).

Dollar bill, I hope you have time to pull your tongue out of dodds butt to read this email

Sincere regards
    [name redacted]

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 49

Personally, I am quite happy that we are still in a conference with such a fine institution as Texas A&M. I could not have been any more impressed with the fans last fall, and I plan on visiting again.

"Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 7

This deal is just a two or three year band-aid IMO. Texas is going to bolt when they first get the chance.

Addict
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1

Makes me think deace was right, and the forgotten five could have gotten revenue sharing by waiting and watching the political pressure grow.

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    This deal is just a two or three year band-aid IMO. Texas is going to bolt when they first get the chance.
    I don't think they will. They had their chance, and they stayed. What incentive do they have to join any other conference? They don't. They can have their own Network, they get a ton of $, you name it. I could see others leaving, but not Texas.

And A&M needs to grow a pair. They're gonna get more money than they already have, and they were just gonna get **** housed in the SEC, whether they realize it or not.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I don't think they will. They had their chance, and they stayed. What incentive do they have to join any other conference? They don't. They can have their own Network, they get a ton of $, you name it. I could see others leaving, but not Texas.

And A&M needs to grow a pair. They're gonna get more money than they already have, and they were just gonna get **** housed in the SEC, whether they realize it or not.
    I think they'll want pac-10 still. Once they have their own network already, they'll have a little more leverage there as they'll be trying to 'keep' that rather than having the right to develop it. I think the real reason the big 12 was saved was that TU wanted to take the whole big 12 south (minus baylor) and once TAMU started leaving and even OU started being talked to by the SEC, TU got worried and put on the brakes.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

hey aggies and maggies-we all feel sorry for you-that u still r texas's *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doc

Pro
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,002
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I agree. Texas will work quickly to start their TV network and once it's established they'll bolt to a new conference. Any conference that wants Texas will have to allow them to continue to operate their own network - which isn't a bad deal to gain one of the best football teams in the country.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 8

I think when the rubber hit the road, Texas likes their long term, money making viability right where they're at. The Pac-10 isn't going to let them walk in and run the show.

I predict that Texas will never join another conference. If they leave, they're going Independent, and honestly, it wouldn't stun me.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Pollard's snyde email from a few months ago seems downright friendly after hearing that.

Wear the fox hat.