Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    cyclONEnation
    Points: 236,443, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    C.John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,431
    Points
    236,443
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 44

    Inside Iowa State Women's Basketball

    Did not see this posted already, a great video about our Twister Sisters and the wbb program.

    Inside Iowa State Women's Basketball - Cyclones.com



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,999, Level: 34
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    skibumspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Punggi, Korea
    Posts
    265
    Points
    12,999
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 96

    Re: Inside Iowa State Women's Basketball

    That's a really great piece & I'm sure a phenomenal recruiting tool!

    However, seeing that makes me even more irritated that, nationally, Iowa State Athletics are perceived as 'irrelevant' in BCS conference discussions even though we have tremendous teams with great kids & coaches, it's just not football (right now) & since they aren't a cash cow, it doesn't enter into the discussion! So Proud to be a STATER!



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 25,425, Level: 48
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BenEClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Ne
    Posts
    1,830
    Points
    25,425
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Re: Inside Iowa State Women's Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by skibumspe View Post
    That's a really great piece & I'm sure a phenomenal recruiting tool!

    However, seeing that makes me even more irritated that, nationally, Iowa State Athletics are perceived as 'irrelevant' in BCS conference discussions even though we have tremendous teams with great kids & coaches, it's just not football (right now) & since they aren't a cash cow, it doesn't enter into the discussion! So Proud to be a STATER!
    Fennelly said much the same in his recent comments. One reason for his success is the focus on the player and her family - in the conference alignment discussion, there was little mention about the players.


    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 42,384, Level: 63
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    42,384
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

    Re: Inside Iowa State Women's Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    Fennelly said much the same in his recent comments. One reason for his success is the focus on the player and her family - in the conference alignment discussion, there was little mention about the players.
    To you point, in his interview, he was really broken up about not having answers for his players or his recruits.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 55,167, Level: 72
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,261
    Points
    55,167
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 104

    Re: Inside Iowa State Women's Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by C.John View Post
    Did not see this posted already, a great video about our Twister Sisters and the wbb program.

    Inside Iowa State Women's Basketball - Cyclones.com
    Of course the fun part of the video for me is that I'm in it!! You'll see three guys jumping up and down after the KState winning basket by Lacey. That's the Power of the Pops crew that was featured on the ISU web site after that game...me and my buddies!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM