Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 140

Amazon video on demand

Is the coolest thing ever. Wife and I were catching up on some TV episodes we missed this spring and had a couple that were missing on the DVR and they weren't available on Hulu. So we decided to see if they were available on Amazon and they were. $1.99 per episode (same as iTunes) and the video quality was outstanding. IMO, it kicks Netflix streaming in the taco.

If you've got a networking bluray player I'd highly recommend checking out if it works with Amazon, great service.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 1

Re: Amazon video on demand

I just started streaming Netflix through my Wii and I thought it was pretty cool. It doesn't have a lot of new stuff though.

I really think that this is what tv is going to become- streaming video on demand through your television via the internet and there won't be cable/dish providers.

I hope the new cyclone television looks into this way of providing content including live gamecasts. Like Clone Zone but better.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 140

Re: Amazon video on demand

Quote Originally Posted by jtdoyle1 View Post
    I just started streaming Netflix through my Wii and I thought it was pretty cool. It doesn't have a lot of new stuff though.

I really think that this is what tv is going to become- streaming video on demand through your television via the internet and there won't be cable/dish providers.

I hope the new cyclone television looks into this way of providing content including live gamecasts. Like Clone Zone but better.
    I have posted on the Amazon vs. Netflix streaming topic before. (This was the first time I'd used Amazon for TV episodes).

My complaint with Netflix streaming, and that of many others, is that their selection of streaming videos sucks. There are not many new titles available and the quality of the movies available seems to be lacking. Their streaming catalog has an abundance of movies rated three stars (out of five) or less.

With Amazon.com you pay by the view, rather than a monthly fee, but you can stream literally everything, even new releases and very recent TV episodes.

We don't find the time to watch as many movies as we'd like, so for us it makes more sense to do the pay as we go option with Amazon, so I've decided to drop my Netflix subscription.