Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

MS

Some on this board know who I am and what I do. After yesterday, that is no longer important. My mom was diagnosed with MS yesterday after a recent health scare. She now joins her sister and her sister-in-law as those in my family battling MS. For those of you who don't know, MS is a disease that attacks the central nervous system. It can be very debilitating. My family and I are very hopeful that we caught it early enough that she will be able to still live a normal life.

I do want to say that I am not here for sympathy. I am here to raise awareness.

I know June and July are prime times for the American Cancer Society walks, but my family and I would greatly appreciate it if you would look into your local MS Society chapter for their next fundraisers or events.

Find a Chapter : National MS Society

I greatly appreciate those of you who take the time to read this.

Yours in basketball and in Cyclone Nation,

Evan Clasen
    Assistant Men's Basketball Coach Waldorf College

Asst. Regional Manager
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 412
    Given: 328

Re: MS

Prayers to your family. After reading Tuesdays with Maurrie, I can see how tough of a disease that can be.

@RandomGeoFacts

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 320

Quote Originally Posted by cgwarrior33 View Post
    Some on this board know who I am and what I do. After yesterday, that is no longer important. My mom was diagnosed with MS yesterday after a recent health scare. She now joins her sister and her sister-in-law as those in my family battling MS. For those of you who don't know, MS is a disease that attacks the central nervous system. It can be very debilitating. My family and I are very hopeful that we caught it early enough that she will be able to still live a normal life.

I do want to say that I am not here for sympathy. I am here to raise awareness.

I know June and July are prime times for the American Cancer Society walks, but my family and I would greatly appreciate it if you would look into your local MS Society chapter for their next fundraisers or events.

Find a Chapter : National MS Society

I greatly appreciate those of you who take the time to read this.

Yours in basketball and in Cyclone Nation,

Evan Clasen
    Assistant Men's Basketball Coach Waldorf College
    I have two aunts (my dad's sisters) that have MS, so I can somewhat relate to what you are going through with your mother. One aunt is completely confined to her "retirement home" condo (although she's only 50). The other is in her early 40s and isn't quite as confined, although she spends all her time on a scooter, which makes chasing her two very active pre-teens extremely difficult.

The younger aunt has been looking into vein mapping, and although her insurance refuses to cover it (she has a lot of conspiracy theories behind that), the research behind it appears to be very promising. I'd suggest your mother look into it.

CCSVI ? A Huge Breakthrough in MS | Venous Multiple Sclerosis | CCSVI

(this is just one site that I found in a Google-search using "vein mapping multiple sclerosis". I'm unaware off the top of my head where my aunt is getting her information, however, it at least lays out the research and science behind it)

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Recruit
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 7

My wife has it and has been relapse free for almost 5 years. She ran into some info about low dose naltrexone and tried it and has done wonderful ever since. It's substansally cheaper than the "MS" drugs. I feel for your family, it's a tough road to hoe.

All-Star
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 29

May not be MS, which is a disease that measures symptoms and their impact but Doctors claim to not know the causitive agent and therefore an effective treatment protocol.

I have a few suggestions: Get a second opinion from a Lyme Literate Doctor. The DOCTOR below was diagnosed with MS, was sent home to die and low and behold another research doctor convinced him it was Lyme with a Babesia co-infection, treated him with IV antibiotics and presto: He can get around again and DOES NOT HAVE MS.

NEWS: San Ramon conference to shed light on Lyme disease

Here's another guy who has MS who had to go on IV antibiotics to save his leg from gangrene and felt at first worse (Herxheimer or Die Off reaction like with Syphillus) and then felt a little better after as far as MS symptoms go.

Key to keep in mind: The earlier to get diagnosed and minimize neurological damage, the better. Some nerve damage may not return.

YouTube - tabascocat4256's Channel

There is a movie out you can purchase for $30 that talks about how many people are misdiagnosed with dead-end no treatment diseases only to find out they have a spirochetal infection. Many are diagnosed with ALS, MS and the like. It's in the movie which is a documentary.

Under Our Skin: An Infectious New Film

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 63

Best of luck. I've heard a lot more about MS walks, research in the last few years, than I have all of my life. Hope for a quick recovery!