Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Food for thought and something to be learned from all of this.

Like all of you am am thrilled this is finally over, I mean this was BIG and we all know it. I think there are several things that can be learned from this experience and even from our competition.

First, none of us are entitled to anything. The whining on here at times is worse than anything that the rag could print or the talking heads could possibly ever say, ever. Entitlement has only caused people to accept failure and blame it on someone else, then ask for more and do it again. Entitlement provides us situations in which people get financing they don't deserve...see the credit card industry and the mortgage industry or a life living off of the govt passing it onto future generations. ISU like any other school is NOT entitled to anything and some do have to fight harder than others so stop the whining as it is embarrassing.

Stop making judgments and comments based on tweets and second hand info and the talking heads, especially giggles. I realize that is part of the fun with a message board, but some of you people come on....No JP and GG were not sitting on their hands the last week and yes they know how the finances work!

Finally, something to learn from our competition, the Hawks and the Huskers. As much as I despise a majority of their fan bases and want to kick their butt every game in any sport, I can also learn something positive from them too. Over the last week and a half, it is apparent we continue to have a loser mentality here at ISU by the many many posts over the last week. Something that we can learn from our competition is, regardless who these teams are playing, their fans expect to win each an every time. Our fan base needs to learn this and hopefully some day soon we will.

Support the people that are the easy targets at ISU. If we had this administration 25 years ago, ISU would be much better off today. The institution we love just got a chance to grow and prosper, we as fans need to do the same.

Don't ever lose your passion!

Go State!

Z

The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence… Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!

Walk On
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Food for thought and something to be learned from all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    Like all of you am am thrilled this is finally over, I mean this was BIG and we all know it. I think there are several things that can be learned from this experience and even from our competition.

First, none of us are entitled to anything. The whining on here at times is worse than anything that the rag could print or the talking heads could possibly ever say, ever. Entitlement has only caused people to accept failure and blame it on someone else, then ask for more and do it again. Entitlement provides us situations in which people get financing they don't deserve...see the credit card industry and the mortgage industry or a life living off of the govt passing it onto future generations. ISU like any other school is NOT entitled to anything and some do have to fight harder than others so stop the whining as it is embarrassing.

Stop making judgments and comments based on tweets and second hand info and the talking heads, especially giggles. I realize that is part of the fun with a message board, but some of you people come on....No JP and GG were not sitting on their hands the last week and yes they know how the finances work!

Finally, something to learn from our competition, the Hawks and the Huskers. As much as I despise a majority of their fan bases and want to kick their butt every game in any sport, I can also learn something positive from them too. Over the last week and a half, it is apparent we continue to have a loser mentality here at ISU by the many many posts over the last week. Something that we can learn from our competition is, regardless who these teams are playing, their fans expect to win each an every time. Our fan base needs to learn this and hopefully some day soon we will.

Support the people that are the easy targets at ISU. If we had this administration 25 years ago, ISU would be much better off today. The institution we love just got a chance to grow and prosper, we as fans need to do the same.

Don't ever lose your passion!

Go State!

Z
    All very good points. Two more that I would add.

1. We have very few friends. It sounds like the best friends we had, were in other states. That is disappointing. We need to remember that we have to help ourselves and our true friends. Perhaps its time to look first at our allegiance with certain Big XII schools before the State of Iowa. Do we really need to play Iowa and UNI each year? For the good of the State? I'd rather build a positive and profitable rivalry with Kansas State or build on the one with Missouri.

2. Maybe more Iowa Staters will now take athletic success more seriously. I know a lot of fellow alums that were never really sold on the idea of sending big checks towards athletics when it could go for academic programs. Well, the success of the school is tied far more closely to athletics than maybe they expected. This incident may have caused a lot of people to give it some thought. Either way, we need to step it up. Start controlling our own fate. Nebraska is a good example. Academically, Iowa State may be superior, but outside of a BCS conference, we could be overtaken. And it would happen only because Nebraska has put so much into athletics.