Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 81,326, Level: 88
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,735
    Points
    81,326
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 0

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    So he says that we will be getting significantly more starting in 2012? Is that just the share from Nebraska and Colorado, or is that from the FSN deal?



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 12,975, Level: 34
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CycloneJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carson City
    Posts
    876
    Points
    12,975
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    We got screwed

    We are now going to play 9 conf games and Iowa

    6-6 will take a miracle




    If you have a problem - if no one else can help - and if you can find
    them - maybe you can hire: The A-Team.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 403,815, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,468
    Points
    403,815
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 162

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    I quit reading after the second sentence, for obvious reasons.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 9,002, Level: 28
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    XLK9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    398
    Points
    9,002
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneJoe View Post
    We got screwed

    We are now going to play 9 conf games and Iowa

    6-6 will take a miracle
    Maybe I missed it, but did someone come out and say we will play 9 conference games or are we just assuming that?

    The reason I ask is because if I remember correctly, back when the B10 was really ten, they only played 8 conference games each year (granted that was with an 11 game schedule).

    If 9 conference games was laid out directly by the B12, I missed it.


    Everyone is entitled to their opinion - no matter how wrong they may be.

  6. #6
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    Ok maybe I am just a fan of another team looking in on this situation, but I am looking at this whole thing with some suspicion. If the B12 5 (KU, KSU, Baylor, ISU and Missouri) signed out their portion of the exit money from Colorado and NU to UT/OU/A&M, I think you guys kind of got screwed.

    At end of the day, this is still the Longhorn conference. All the same problems many B12 teams complained about before still exist. They simply threw more money at it to keep everyone quiet a little longer. Texas also got everyone to commit for the long term so they can control all the money.

    Make no mistake, Colorado and Nebraska are the winners of this. Both of them will be in stable conferences for the long term.

    I know all Cyclone fans want to stay in the new B12, but you got to wonder what kind of TV contract you guys along with other 3 B12 north teams could have got merging with the Big East to form the new Big East network. I guess we will never know.

    Good luck Cyclone fans. I will looking forward to that UCONN/ISU game in the near future.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 73,213, Level: 84
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,637
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ItsCyence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    3,315
    Points
    73,213
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 47

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneJoe View Post
    We got screwed

    We are now going to play 9 conf games and Iowa

    6-6 will take a miracle
    Shut up with that talk



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 154,210, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,390
    Points
    154,210
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 12

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    Quote Originally Posted by UCHusky View Post
    Ok maybe I am just a fan of another team looking in on this situation, but I am looking at this whole thing with some suspicion. If the B12 5 (KU, KSU, Baylor, ISU and Missouri) signed out their portion of the exit money from Colorado and NU to UT/OU/A&M, I think you guys kind of got screwed.

    At end of the day, this is still the Longhorn conference. All the same problems many B12 teams complained about before still exist. They simply threw more money at it to keep everyone quiet a little longer. Texas also got everyone to commit for the long term so they can control all the money.

    Make no mistake, Colorado and Nebraska are the winners of this. Both of them will be in stable conferences for the long term.

    I know all Cyclone fans want to stay in the new B12, but you got to wonder what kind of TV contract you guys along with other 3 B12 north teams could have got merging with the Big East to form the new Big East network. I guess we will never know.

    Good luck Cyclone fans. I will looking forward to that UCONN/ISU game in the near future.
    If we had an offer for more money and the BE we would've taken it. We didn't have a better option this time but next time (and we all know there will be one) hopefully we'll be in a better position.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 61,184, Level: 76
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    sdillon500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    northern california
    Posts
    1,293
    Points
    61,184
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    It's definitely still the Longhorn's conference, and if the forgotten five truly gave up their portion of the CU/NU exit money, they definitely got screwed. Not that big of a fan of bribing the most powerful members of the conference just to stay in the conference.

    With that said, ISU didn't have a lot of options. Who knows if a Big East offer would have materialized if the Big XII broke up. But regardless, ISU, KU, KSU & MU really need to work together to see if joining the Big East is a possibility when Texas pulls a stunt like this in the future.


    www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 153,649, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,464
    Points
    153,649
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 5

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneJoe View Post
    We got screwed

    We are now going to play 9 conf games and Iowa

    6-6 will take a miracle
    You're a joke.



  11. #11
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    Quote Originally Posted by sdillon500 View Post
    It's definitely still the Longhorn's conference, and if the forgotten five truly gave up their portion of the CU/NU exit money, they definitely got screwed. Not that big of a fan of bribing the most powerful members of the conference just to stay in the conference.

    With that said, ISU didn't have a lot of options. Who knows if a Big East offer would have materialized if the Big XII broke up. But regardless, ISU, KU, KSU & MU really need to work together to see if joining the Big East is a possibility when Texas pulls a stunt like this in the future.
    I think the key is you four (KU, KSU, MU and ISU) really need to stick together to gain some power. The way the conference is set up right now is ridiculous. I can't see any stability for the long term with these ridiculous unfair terms. This all will ensure UT and OU will have all the advantages both on and off fields against other conference members. I seriously hope you guys look at the Big East Network if it ever expands cause there could be some money there. If you guys joined, I am sure Big East would have been more stable too. Source inside the BE pretty much confirmed had B12 broken up, you guys would probably be in the BE by now.

    Also, I am not sure about A&M. I have hard time understanding why they turned down SEC. They could have been made much more money in the SEC even comparing to the new B12 contract and they won't be under Longhorn's shadow. Now, they will just be UT's little annoying brother for the next X years.

    You guys do have great guys. It was fun sharing info with you guys the past week. BE is not exactly stable either. I just hope they can launch the Big East Network and get the conference to be more stable in the near future. Big East would have much stronger voice had the B12 north 4 joined the conference.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 61,184, Level: 76
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    sdillon500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    northern california
    Posts
    1,293
    Points
    61,184
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: The New B12 - Summary of what just happened

    UCHusky, you make a lot of good points, and it was fun thinking about the possibilities of football & basketball in the Big East.

    You're right about the Big XII not lasting much longer. I think this simply stabilizes the NCAA landscape for a few more years, while AD's & presidents start plotting for the next move. ISU needs to be ready for that. I hope the Big East stabilizes its membership, improves it's TV deal (maybe even gets a network), and then ISU, KU, KSU & MU can jump to the Big East in a few years. Make the first move & leave the conference instead of waiting around for Texas to get greedy again.


    www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM