I don't understand why everyone's not ecstatic right now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,214
    Given: 133

I don't understand why everyone's not ecstatic right now!

For a university that has so many followers complain that if something bad CAN happen to it, WILL happen to it, I am shocked that people aren't dancing in the street. We were handed a gift. Not only did we get the best viable option to happen for us, but we have the opportunity to DOUBLE our current television revenue. DOUBLE!

Yet people continue to complain because we have to play the big dogs every year and our team will suck. There's a quote that Jesus ****** told to all of his disciples at the Last Supper that goes something along the lines of "Gentleman, it's time to nut up or shut up." The athletic department and president have given us a deal where we'll make more money than we've EVERY made as an athletic department. Yes, Texas still dwarfs us, but last I checked, games are played on the field, not in the checkbook. Our AD has given us the help in resources, now it's time for our players and coaches to go out there and show their worth.

Quit your complaining and realize that we went from a possible catastrophe to a Godsend in terms of our situation!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 322
    Given: 51

Re: I don't understand why everyone's not ecstatic right now!

Yes, we are fine for now. Until Texas pulls the same crap on the Big XII next year and asks for more money or they will bolt. Thats my whole problem with this. How don't you make all the schools sign a contract saying they won't bolt?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    we have the opportunity to DOUBLE our current television revenue. DOUBLE!
    Doesn't look like it. ISU won't be seeing any revenue increase for at least a few years.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,149
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 30

Not only did we get the best viable option to happen for us, but we have the opportunity to DOUBLE our current television revenue. DOUBLE!
    Ya double in 2015. By then ever conference will have doubled their earnings as well and we will be in the exact same place as we are today.

Hooray for Metaphors!

Walk On
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

For a university that has so many followers complain that if something bad CAN happen to it, WILL happen to it, I am shocked that people aren't dancing in the street. We were handed a gift. Not only did we get the best viable option to happen for us, but we have the opportunity to DOUBLE our current television revenue. DOUBLE!

Yet people continue to complain because we have to play the big dogs every year and our team will suck. There's a quote that Jesus ****** told to all of his disciples at the Last Supper that goes something along the lines of "Gentleman, it's time to nut up or shut up." The athletic department and president have given us a deal where we'll make more money than we've EVERY made as an athletic department. Yes, Texas still dwarfs us, but last I checked, games are played on the field, not in the checkbook. Our AD has given us the help in resources, now it's time for our players and coaches to go out there and show their worth.

Quit your complaining and realize that we went from a possible catastrophe to a Godsend in terms of our situation!

Three hours ago, I would have given you rep points. But have you been paying attention to what is being revealed today?

There is no TV contract. There are projections of the possibility of a new contract.

For the opportunity to wait and see if we could potentially get a new TV contract, we have given up our share of the CU and NU buyouts.

We're supposedly in no immediate danger of losing our conference affiliation, but we're also no better off than we were 6 months ago, or 2 years ago.

"The Lord wants you to put your foot on their balls and believe in it." ---Coach Wayne Hisler

Walk On
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Why should we be estatic, we just got off our knees from begging and then get bent over and let Texas drill us again.

Last edited by ontheverge; 06-15-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 196

Apparently you didn't catch the Dan Beebe Big XII phone conference where he outlined the 'new deal.'

Basically, the Fab Five agreed to give the exit money from NU & CU to Texas, Okie & aTm. Also, the lucrative $17 million TV deal isn't done & when it does 'get done,' it won't take effect for 4 to 5 years. So we pretty much don't make any extra money from the buy outs & aren't really guaranteed the DOUBLE revenue but there is a CHANCE we might sniff it in 4 years.

I admit, last night & this morning, I was stoked....now, not so much! Beebe is a UT puppet & a complete ******, more or less.

Addict
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by thrillcat View Post
    Three hours ago, I would have given you rep points. But have you been paying attention to what is being revealed today?

There is no TV contract. There are projections of the possibility of a new contract.

For the opportunity to wait and see if we could potentially get a new TV contract, we have given up our share of the CU and NU buyouts.

We're supposedly in no immediate danger of losing our conference affiliation, but we're also no better off than we were 6 months ago, or 2 years ago.
    Probably worse off given the scheduling changes that would come.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ontheverge View Post
    Why should we estatic, we just got off her knees from begging and then get bent over and let Texas drill us again.
    I'm ok with it. At least we are only Texas ***** and not BYU's *****.

This is kind of like getting prison raped but at least taking comfort that the guy wore a rubber.

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 181

This is quite possibly the most offensive line that I have ever read on this board. Have a little class.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,345
    Given: 939

You know why I'm not excited about this? When I purchased a new car back in April, I didn't jump up and down and get excited by the insurance I had to purchase for the car.

I HAVE to imagine this has to be a "worst case option" in case the Fab 4 can't find anything elsewhere...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Walk On
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Looks like smoke and mirrors to me. I think Texas is just posturing for the bigger, better deal in a few years. What's disturbing is KU, KSU, ISU, BU, Mizzou agreed to sign over their share of CU/NU's buyout money to UT/OU/A&M.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

I'm happy to still be in a quality BCS conference. I think the future looks great for ISU.

Far to many are wasting energy complaining that someone else at the table got the bigger piece of chicken. They seem to forget that we could have been out in the cold with many others just wishing we had a spot at the table.

Addict
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,214
    Given: 133

Quote Originally Posted by CykoAGR View Post
    This is quite possibly the most offensive line that I have ever read on this board. Have a little class.
    Or don't be such a PC wimp?

As for the recent news, I didn't see it. I jumped on here quick during work and posted that without reading any recent news.

Can someone quick update me?

Walk On
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

Can someone quick update me?
    Read the replies to your post.

No TV deal
    No buyout $$$ for us
    No guarantee of anything

"The Lord wants you to put your foot on their balls and believe in it." ---Coach Wayne Hisler