Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

DSM area gas up to 3.19

Not a commentary - just an FYI.

On the way into work this morning it was 3.09, over lunch it was 3.19. Drove by another place that was still 3.14 and got filled up.

I suggest if you see someplace cheaper that 3.19 - top 'em off because it looks to be heading that way.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 27

Re: DSM area gas up to 3.19

paid $3.25 on tue for premium... stupid cars that need premuim!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Legend
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Good. America can not afford cheap gas. The ramifications of cheap gas create bigger problems than does expensive gas.

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Ok, I'll bite.

I'm dying to hear the rationale behind that? Aside from conservation and such, how does America POSSIBLY benefit from high energy costs?

In the (continued) long run, this is going to stagger the economy, increase inflation and quite likely cost jobs.

Last edited by DaddyMac; 05-17-2007 at 02:16 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I curse those damn liberals every day. All the oil companies want to do is build more refineries to help keep costs low for us consumers, but noooo, those crazy, dread-locked, sandal-wearing tree-huggers won't let them. And then they have the nerve to force these oil companies to change their blends seasonally to help reduce air pollution. Grrr! I don't care if visibility in Denver or other big cities is like looking through tracing paper, that's the sign of profit and progress! We need our Excusions, Escalades and Yukons to navigate safely through the suburbs for crying out loud. In fact, I don't know how society reached the point where it is today without these vehicles.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,184
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 38

Quote Originally Posted by frontrangeclone View Post
    I curse those damn liberals every day. All the oil companies want to do is build more refineries to help keep costs low for us consumers, but noooo, those crazy, dread-locked, sandal-wearing tree-huggers won't let them. And then they have the nerve to force these oil companies to change their blends seasonally to help reduce air pollution. Grrr! I don't care if visibility in Denver or other big cities is like looking through tracing paper, that's the sign of profit and progress! We need our Excusions, Escalades and Yukons to navigate safely through the suburbs for crying out loud. In fact, I don't know how society reached the point where it is today without these vehicles.
    Actually the President who did the most to help the environment was Nixon. No joke.

Legend
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 529
    Given: 125

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Not a commentary - just an FYI.

On the way into work this morning it was 3.09, over lunch it was 3.19. Drove by another place that was still 3.14 and got filled up.

I suggest if you see someplace cheaper that 3.19 - top 'em off because it looks to be heading that way.
    Not bashing you, but I have known people in the past who will drive 15 miles out of their way to get gas that is 5 cents cheaper. It is not worth topping off your gas when you see gas a little cheaper. At the savings of 5 cents per gallon, you would have to buy 20 gallons of gas just to save a Dollar!

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

We need to find a way to harness all of the hot air from politicians and use that fuel for our cars. It would never be in danger of running low, and it's about the only thing they're good for.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I don't disagree at all. It's like those nuts at the mall who drive around for 10 minutes looking for the closest possible parking spot. If you would've parked at the first spot, you'd be in and probably on your way back out by now.

I'm not suggesting to go looking - just if you see it while out, you might as well.

As an aside - ever notice those who do go on the quest for the closest spot, often look as though they could use the extra little walk?

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    I don't disagree at all. It's like those nuts at the mall who drive around for 10 minutes looking for the closest possible parking spot. If you would've parked at the first spot, you'd be in and probably on your way back out by now.

I'm not suggesting to go looking - just if you see it while out, you might as well.

As an aside - ever notice those who do go on the quest for the closest spot, often look as though they could use the extra little walk?

Mac- couldn't agree more. in another similar observation, I see a lot of people in the suburb I live in drive their gynormous SUVs to the fitness club that is roughly a mile away.

by the way, my last post was sarcasm if y'all couldn't tell.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Rookie
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    paid $3.25 on tue for premium... stupid cars that need premuim!
    Premium gas is a waste of money. That is of course unless you are racing your performance car to work and the kidís soccer game.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 72

I couldn't stand the temptation any longer...as I mentioned in the other "gas price" thread, there has been one convenience store in my neighborhood selling diesel for $2.70 while everybody else is up around $2.90. I saw a few pickups filling up at that store last night, so I took a chance and filled up too. Hopefully a bottle of Stanadyne will save me...

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

This whole gas thing has turned me on to looking at the VW Jetta TDI's. I had never looked at these until a friend mentioned them to me. They seem to have decent room and there are people that swear they are getting 57 mpg at times on the highway. And for a Diesel 100,000 miles is just getting them started. Now it is just a matter of finding one of these damn vehicles before my gas sucking SUV drains me!

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

cyclONEnation
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 30

$3.29 a gallon for the last few days here, and for the diesel drivers out there, diesel is going for $2.99.

@ $3.29 it cost $79 to fill up my truck. When we bought it we lived in KC and I could fill it up for a whopping $22 and change. (Gas could be found for $ .92 a gallon in KC in the spring of 1997.)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 320

Quote Originally Posted by BugDoc View Post
    Premium gas is a waste of money. That is of course unless you are racing your performance car to work and the kid’s soccer game.
    Unless you have a car (like I do) that is designed to run on premium gasoline. If you put a gas with a lower octane in a car that needs a higher octane, the best case scenario is you will get worse gas mileage and spend more on gas than if you had just stuck with the premium (which would be my case with my 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP). At very worst you can damage the engine beyond repair.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.