Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,189, Level: 85
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,563
    Points
    76,189
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 17

    Can someone recap the last 48 hours?

    I just got back from a vacation, and I tried browsing through the threads, but there are too many contradicting/confusing threads.
    Here's how I understand it. Is this correct and everything?

    Big 12 renegotiated contract with Fox, and all teams can now expect 10 million extra a year. Texas declined Big 10 invite. Nebraska still headed to Big 10. Colorado still headed to Pac 10. Big 12 expected to survive with 10 teams. North-south division will be eliminated, and everyone plays almost everyone every year. Big 12 not expecting to add more teams. Great 48 hours for ISU. Chris Williams thinks Big 10 invite might be closer than before for ISU.....
    ]



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 29,899, Level: 53
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,087
    Points
    29,899
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 103

    Re: Can someone recap the last 48 hours?

    Quote Originally Posted by gogagig View Post
    I just got back from a vacation, and I tried browsing through the threads, but there are too many contradicting/confusing threads.
    Here's how I understand it. Is this correct and everything?

    Big 12 renegotiated contract with Fox, and all teams can now expect 10 million extra a year. Texas and co. declined Pac 10 invite. Nebraska still headed to Big 10. Colorado still headed to Pac 10. Big 12 expected to survive with 10 teams. North-south division will be eliminated, and everyone plays almost everyone every year. Big 12 not expecting to add more teams. Great 48 hours for ISU. Chris Williams thinks Big 10 invite might be closer than before for ISU.....
    ]
    Is this true? Would WE throw a wrench in everybody's plans and bail?? Do you think THAT would put Iowa State on ESPN's front page?



  3. #3
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can someone recap the last 48 hours?

    I'll try to explain...

    Texas just got more powerfull in the B12 by getting rid of Colorado and Nebraska and getting thier own TV network but everyone else left is jumping up and down for joy because a) while the current situation sucks it's still better than being in the MWC and b) we get a little more money under the new deal.

    Deace actually gets this and talked about it this morning but everyone around here with thier head in the sand would rather rail on him rather than looking at the situation logically.

    Ohh and also I screwed up my knee big time playing basketball.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 158,655, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,892
    Points
    158,655
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 5

    Re: Can someone recap the last 48 hours?

    Quote Originally Posted by cysid View Post
    I'll try to explain...

    Texas just got more powerfull in the B12 by getting rid of Colorado and Nebraska and getting thier own TV network but everyone else left is jumping up and down for joy because a) while the current situation sucks it's still better than being in the MWC and b) we get a little more money under the new deal.

    Deace actually gets this and talked about it this morning but everyone around here with thier head in the sand would rather rail on him rather than looking at the situation logically.

    Ohh and also I screwed up my knee big time playing basketball.
    looking at it logically reveals there was no other option for ISU...and that the future is not set.


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  5. #5
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can someone recap the last 48 hours?

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    looking at it logically reveals there was no other option for ISU...and that the future is not set.
    Correct we had no other option, but that doesn't mean this option doesn't suck, it just sucked less than the alternative.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 158,655, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,892
    Points
    158,655
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 5

    Re: Can someone recap the last 48 hours?

    Quote Originally Posted by cysid View Post
    Correct we had no other option, but that doesn't mean this option doesn't suck, it just sucked less than the alternative.

    I choose to view as not sucking....due to the jobs and millions not lost by being attached to a power conference.

    There was much much more at play > wins and losses.


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM