Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 4

I hope people appreciate what almost happened...

I posted this elsewhere, and I realize it probably doesn't help to say it here but here goes. I am not speaking to anyone specifically, I know we have great fans, I truly believe that. But we need to donate more, attend more, and demand more out of our athletics collectively as a fan base because this can never happen again.

If anything can be taken out of this, I hope Cyclone fans realize and appreciate what almost happened here. ISU may have dodged a huge bullet and people need to realize this, remember it, and take action to make sure ISU is never in this position again.

ISU athletics has a second chance that it may or may not have deserved. We can no longer collectively as fans continue to roll our helmets out on the field and hope everything turns out O.K. We need to donate more. We need to attend games more. We need to demand more of our programs and fund them at a level where funding is not a competitive issue. 40K fans in Jack Trice against a top 15 team on a sunny 70 degree afternoon in October is not acceptable any longer. State funding is no longer acceptable. We may not have the resources of others but we can't use that as an excuse anymore and we cannot give our leadership ammunition to use that excuse. It might be 20 years but if we continue on this road of mediocrity we will be back in this situation again sooner or later. I do not want to ever find out how many people would have attended a home schedule consisting of Rice, UTEP, Central Florida, and Memphis or if Hilton Magic really would be dead against Colorado State. I thought I was donating enough and buying enough tickets. I was wrong, I am not doing enough. This should be a wake up call for everyone.

Go Clones!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 38

Re: I hope people appreciate what almost happened...

Good post. Interesting first part. To expect more and to be justified in doing so you must do the other two. If you do not donate or attend (what is reasonable for you and your situation) I don't think you can be justified in expecting more. Money makes this thing go around. We got a little more this week, however, that does not mean we can relax on it. Keep donating and doing what you can to give our AD the resource necessary to compete.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Rookie
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyatheart View Post
    I posted this elsewhere, and I realize it probably doesn't help to say it here but here goes. I am not speaking to anyone specifically, I know we have great fans, I truly believe that. But we need to donate more, attend more, and demand more out of our athletics collectively as a fan base because this can never happen again.

If anything can be taken out of this, I hope Cyclone fans realize and appreciate what almost happened here. ISU may have dodged a huge bullet and people need to realize this, remember it, and take action to make sure ISU is never in this position again.

ISU athletics has a second chance that it may or may not have deserved. We can no longer collectively as fans continue to roll our helmets out on the field and hope everything turns out O.K. We need to donate more. We need to attend games more. We need to demand more of our programs and fund them at a level where funding is not a competitive issue. 40K fans in Jack Trice against a top 15 team on a sunny 70 degree afternoon in October is not acceptable any longer. State funding is no longer acceptable. We may not have the resources of others but we can't use that as an excuse anymore and we cannot give our leadership ammunition to use that excuse. It might be 20 years but if we continue on this road of mediocrity we will be back in this situation again sooner or later. I do not want to ever find out how many people would have attended a home schedule consisting of Rice, UTEP, Central Florida, and Memphis or if Hilton Magic really would be dead against Colorado State. I thought I was donating enough and buying enough tickets. I was wrong, I am not doing enough. This should be a wake up call for everyone.

Go Clones!
    I agree. Money talks, bull **** walks.

Walk On
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I'm in. Going to join the NCC and buy tickets this year.

Pro
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 31

this reminds me...maybe i just havent been reading the right threads but i havent seen many JP haters around here lately. does this finally get people off of his back? while most of what happened was out of his control, he still couldve jumped ship or made some move to put us in a worse position. he participated in negotiations that kept this conference together. if hiring Paul and Fred werent enough, knowing that he didnt sit quietly at these meetings should shut haters up.

Husker Hater