Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 105,984, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,399
    Points
    105,984
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 414
    Given: 455

    Nebraska Game This Fall

    Okay, I have wanted a lot of games in the win column over my cyclone fan career. Iowa 1998, Insight.com bowl, Mizzou and KU for conference north title (didn't get), but this is the game I have had circled on my calendar for the last 30 years and didn't even know it. Iowa isn't the super bowl...THIS IS our game of the century. One last time. Its gotta be loud, hostile, and plain ugly. But, to walk away with a win and send UNLoyal packing...how awesome.


    Last edited by everyyard; 06-14-2010 at 10:42 PM.
    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 144,246, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Posts
    11,158
    Points
    144,246
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,896
    Given: 2,814

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    I agree. It would be huge to win the last two games against NU... at their place and then at ours.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    CG. No one knows what you're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    IANAL

    http://svrwxstormchaser.blogspot.com/

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 105,855, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Urbandale, IA
    Posts
    9,104
    Points
    105,855
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,167
    Given: 1,082

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    I'd say the ticket demand for this game shall be HUGE.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 96,917, Level: 96
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,397
    Points
    96,917
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 916
    Given: 79

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    I will be there. Intoxicated yes, but yelling my f ing *** off!!!!!!!! Oh golly im pumped



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 71,571, Level: 83
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,579
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    wxman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    6,913
    Points
    71,571
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,561
    Given: 1,212

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    I have no doubt that the coaches will have the team prepared for this game. Nebraska will be a very tough team this year, and now that the conference is staying together they will be playing with a chip on their shoulder trying to prove that they are better than all of us...that being said we need to have a bigger chip on our shoulder to prove we aren't the ugly step sister, we can compete on that level, and to remind them what the Big 12 was and will be all about.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 46,949, Level: 66
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    ThatllDoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5,130
    Points
    46,949
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 845
    Given: 1,117

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    The goal should be no huskers fans inside the stadium.


    “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”
    Alan Wilson Watts

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 44,324, Level: 65
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,226
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    2,298
    Points
    44,324
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 79

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    New attendance record?



  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 3,684, Level: 17
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    cyclonezing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Burlington, IA
    Posts
    204
    Points
    3,684
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    Okay, I have wanted a lot of games in the win column over my cyclone fan career. Iowa 1998, Insight.com bowl, Mizzou and KU for conference north title (didn't get), but this is the game I have had circled on my calendar for the last 30 years and didn't even know it. Iowa isn't the super bowl...THIS IS our game of the century. One last time. Its gotta be loud, hostile, and plain ugly. But, to walk away with a win and send UNLoyal packing...how awesome.
    Well at least this year we should have our starting QB and RB! I really hope we give them a complete and utter BEAT DOWN! Huck the Fuskers!



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 18,045, Level: 40
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    linkshero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    919
    Points
    18,045
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    **** Nebraska!

    that is all.....


    Lifetime Achievement- In on page 1 of a THujone MS Paint thread.


  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,053, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Altoona, Iowa
    Posts
    4,326
    Points
    76,053
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 4,386

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    Okay, I have wanted a lot of games in the win column over my cyclone fan career. Iowa 1998, Insight.com bowl, Mizzou and KU for conference north title (didn't get), but this is the game I have had circled on my calendar for the last 30 years and didn't even know it. Iowa isn't the super bowl...THIS IS our game of the century. One last time. Its gotta be loud, hostile, and plain ugly. But, to walk away with a win and send UNLoyal packing...how awesome.
    That's the way I see it! Loud, raucous, signs, inventive ways to play to the TV cameras, continuous hyper-activity, Cy going nuts, bring in huge sound trucks, circus atmosphere, fireworks, extreme tailgating, set a new attendance record, topless cheerleaders (OK I went too far there) but you get the idea. We all need to start planning for it right now. etc., etc.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 19,794, Level: 42
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    858
    Points
    19,794
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    Nebraska may have a chip on their shoulder...but they will be getting no favors from the Big XII officiating crews this season. No way does the Big XII want to see them succeeding on their way out. It may be fun to watch their games for a change to see just how much hosing they get.

    Pollard needs to jack the single game ticket price up significantly, or no mini-packs with this game included. Season ticket only for this game. Ticket scalpers need to get fined and run off if caught selling to NU fans (who cares about demand and making a buck off the NU fans that troll Trice on game day...this needs to be a hostile environment on that day).

    After this season, I'll openly root for the Huskers to lose on a regular basis....so much so, that I'll begin rooting for Iowa to relegate them to mediocrity going forward. It couldn't happen to a finer bunch. Their fans think their past guarantees success going forward, it doesn't and I can't wait to see their entire state with nothing to root for on Saturdays in the Fall....then they'll have to look forward to Creighton basketball....oh wait that's taken care of now as well



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,053, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Altoona, Iowa
    Posts
    4,326
    Points
    76,053
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 4,386

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonezing View Post
    Well at least this year we should have our starting QB and RB! I really hope we give them a complete and utter BEAT DOWN! Huck the Fuskers!
    Huck the Fuskers-reminds me when we got bumper stickers with that printed on them for the Fuskers game in 1972. Johnny Majors didn't like the stickers too much because he didn't want the Fuskers riled up too much-he wanted to ambush them. He had a better game plan prepared for them. Soak the football field to negate their run game!



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,053, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Altoona, Iowa
    Posts
    4,326
    Points
    76,053
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 4,386

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneAbuse View Post
    Nebraska may have a chip on their shoulder...but they will be getting no favors from the Big XII officiating crews this season. No way does the Big XII want to see them succeeding on their way out. It may be fun to watch their games for a change to see just how much hosing they get.

    Pollard needs to jack the single game ticket price up significantly, or no mini-packs with this game included. Season ticket only for this game. Ticket scalpers need to get fined and run off if caught selling to NU fans (who cares about demand and making a buck off the NU fans that troll Trice on game day...this needs to be a hostile environment on that day).

    After this season, I'll openly root for the Huskers to lose on a regular basis....so much so, that I'll begin rooting for Iowa to relegate them to mediocrity going forward. It couldn't happen to a finer bunch. Their fans think their past guarantees success going forward, it doesn't and I can't wait to see their entire state with nothing to root for on Saturdays in the Fall....then they'll have to look forward to Creighton basketball....oh wait that's taken care of now as well
    A "hostile environment". I like that, I like that a lot.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 115,283, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    6,242
    Points
    115,283
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 8

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    Over sell this game.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,053, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Altoona, Iowa
    Posts
    4,326
    Points
    76,053
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 4,386

    Re: Nebraska Game This Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by CyForPresident View Post
    Over sell this game.
    We need the Big 12 insignia painted on the field. We should remove the CU and NU flags that fly at the top of each side of the stadium.

    Team entrance: Hold back our team and make the Fuskers come out first. Have the stadium lights off and dead silence from the crowd. After the Fuskers are out, then out come the Cyclones with sirens blaring, the stadium lights come on, the music starts, and the crowd goes nuts. etc.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM