Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

how this whole thing is being handled

does anyone else just think this whole thing is being handled incredibly bad? you know the old saying "loose lips sink ships"? well all of these "loose lips" is what will ultimately cause the big 12 "ship" to sink.

nobody has a freaking clue what any other university is going to do and everyone is putting as much half truths out there as they can to make a chain reaction. texas is putting info out that is being debunked within minutes from a different source. i think it is all bull and i think it is making most of the schools involved look like a bunch of arrogant ********. i realize it is every school for themselves but there has to be a better way to go about it then this.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 91

Re: how this whole thing is being handled

I put that blame on our current news media system. Since Twitter and "Blogs " have become part of the news people assume they are accurate. To me when a reporter writes a "article" he/she feels obligated to be accurate. When they "blog" it is really just their opinion which they try to pass as news. I do not blame any college or business to use this to their advantage. Most media outlets are too lazy to go out and check facts anymore.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 373

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid27 View Post
    I put that blame on our current news media system. Since Twitter and "Blogs " have become part of the news people assume they are accurate. To me when a reporter writes a "article" he/she feels obligated to be accurate. When they "blog" it is really just their opinion which they try to pass as news. I do not blame any college or business to use this to their advantage. Most media outlets are too lazy to go out and check facts anymore.
    Completely agree. People treat things on the internet as fact.. Problem is, the internet is full of differing facts.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Completely agree. People treat things on the internet as fact.. Problem is, the internet is full of differing facts.

i too agree, but there are literally billions of dollars at stake here-this isn't a joke or a popularity contest to see how many people you can get to follow your twitter account. i don't like where college sports is heading-the writing has been on the wall for years but this is taking a serious turn for the worse.

Walk On
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

In World War II the Allies had double agents that the Germans thought were giving them legitimate info. The Allies realized these agents had to give some credible info every so often to the Germans even if it meant losing Allied lives in order for them to feed false info to the Germans that they would believe for big operations such as D-Day.

I think the UT AD is using Chip Brown in a similar fashion. They are crafting the Big 12 breakup as all being Colorado, Neb, and A&M's fault. You have to give UT credit for exploiting the new technologies of blogs and twitter for their political advantage. Similar to how JFK realized the importance of TV in the 1960 presidential election.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,135
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone83 View Post
    In World War II the Allies had double agents that the Germans thought were giving them legitimate info. The Allies realized these agents had to give some credible info every so often to the Germans even if it meant losing Allied lives in order for them to feed false info to the Germans that they would believe for big operations such as D-Day.

I think the UT AD is using Chip Brown in a similar fashion. They are crafting the Big 12 breakup as all being Colorado, Neb, and A&M's fault. You have to give UT credit for exploiting the new technologies of blogs and twitter for their political advantage. Similar to how JFK realized the importance of TV in the 1960 presidential election.
    Occam's Razor?

***King of Diplomacy***

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 520
    Given: 341

I want my news current and that is why I quit taking the printed OWH...just go on line to see the latest....

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.