Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,025
    Given: 247

Just had a great insurance experience

I get my auto insurance through Adam Gray, who is an advertiser on this site.

Johnston, Iowa | Insurance Agency | Adam J Gray AGENCY | IA Office | Nationwide.com

Just had an awesome experience. On Saturday night, I took my wife out to dinner and noticed that I had a serious crack in my Jeep's windshield.

I emailed Adam on Sunday about this. I have an auto glass protection on my policy. Adam gave me a number to call, a glass repairman just left my apartment in Ames and the windshield is set to be replaced on Wednesday. It won't cost me a dime.

Just wanted to give one of our fantastic advertisers some extra pub because I REALLY appreciate it.

If your auto policy is up soon, give Adam a call. He's a great Cyclone and supports this website.

Recruit
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

Re: Just had a great insurance experience

Would also like to mention that rock chips can be repaired (without replacing the windshield). Most insurance companies pay for these repairs from $1, meaning they don't apply the deductible (most repairs cost between $30-$50), and because it's considered a comprehensive loss (as opposed to a collision loss), it doesn't go against your policy as a claim made (at least from my experience).

Also, there are four states that mandate the insurance carrier waives the deductible for any windshield repair/replacement. The four states are: Kentucky, South Carolina, Florida, and Massachusetts. I believe if the loss occurred in those states, the statute applies (so if you are traveling in Florida when the windshield damage occurred, but live in Iowa, because the loss state is Florida, the deductible would be waived). I'm pretty sure that's how it works, check with your agent to be certain if this scenario relates to you.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CyRyder View Post
    Would also like to mention that rock chips can be repaired (without replacing the windshield). Most insurance companies pay for these repairs from $1, meaning they don't apply the deductible (most repairs cost between $30-$50), and because it's considered a comprehensive loss (as opposed to a collision loss), it doesn't go against your policy as a claim made (at least from my experience).

Also, there are four states that mandate the insurance carrier waives the deductible for any windshield repair/replacement. The four states are: Kentucky, South Carolina, Florida, and Massachusetts. I believe if the loss occurred in those states, the statute applies (so if you are traveling in Florida when the windshield damage occurred, but live in Iowa, because the loss state is Florida, the deductible would be waived). I'm pretty sure that's how it works, check with your agent to be certain if this scenario relates to you.
    Depends on the size of the crack. General rule is if it is bigger than a dollar bill, than your entire windshield has to be replaced. Depending on your car that can be quite expensive.

Addict
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,455
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

I am used to the rock chip repair, but not the full windshield w/o paying something. How much per month does it cost to add that to your policy? Though with the good deal I already get on Auto insurance I doubt it is a feature that would make me switch.

Legend
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 354

Usually cost's about 2-3 dollars a month to add that to your Nationwide Policy. Adam will hook you up with it. Nationwide has pretty good rates in Iowa right now as well.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 5

Interesting plug Chris.

Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

Pro
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,316
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 74

What's insurance?

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 47

We're on Nationwide through Gateway Insurance in Ames. We have absolutely no complaints with the coverage, or service.

P.J. Farmer rocks!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 137

Quote Originally Posted by CyRyder View Post

I have had getting the chips fixed count as a claim. The company I was with didnt make my preimums more but when I went to change companies I it brought up a red flag and my policy had to be changed a bit.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne