CW-WHAT WOULD OUR COACHES CHOICE BE?
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 17,711, Level: 40
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    915
    Points
    17,711
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    CW-WHAT WOULD OUR COACHES CHOICE BE?

    Chris-Is there any info you could get interviewing our coaches to see what there choice would be as to which conference to join? I would trust their opinions in this whole mess and would really like to hear from them.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 22,636, Level: 46
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 914
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,914
    Points
    22,636
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 131

    Re: CW-WHAT WOULD OUR COACHES CHOICE BE?

    Quote Originally Posted by moforisu View Post
    Chris-Is there any info you could get interviewing our coaches to see what there choice would be as to which conference to join? I would trust their opinions in this whole mess and would really like to hear from them.
    Do you honestly think you would get anything but a politically correct answer?



  3. #3
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

    Re: CW-WHAT WOULD OUR COACHES CHOICE BE?

    Right now, they will all say the Big 12. I doubt we'll see any coach actively campaign for any conference. That is way above them.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 17,711, Level: 40
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    915
    Points
    17,711
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: CW-WHAT WOULD OUR COACHES CHOICE BE?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Right now, they will all say the Big 12. I doubt we'll see any coach actively campaign for any conference. That is way above them.
    I would agree.
    They are probably all getting their resumes together for a BCS school when the time comes, and it's probably sooner rather than later.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 316,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,892
    Points
    316,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 58

    Re: CW-WHAT WOULD OUR COACHES CHOICE BE?

    Quote Originally Posted by moforisu View Post
    I would agree.
    They are probably all getting their resumes together for a BCS school when the time comes, and it's probably sooner rather than later.
    I disagree



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 18,286, Level: 41
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 664
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Three4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,915
    Points
    18,286
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 32

    Re: CW-WHAT WOULD OUR COACHES CHOICE BE?

    Quote Originally Posted by moforisu View Post
    I would agree.
    They are probably all getting their resumes together for a BCS school when the time comes, and it's probably sooner rather than later.
    Where's Kevin Jackson going to go? Cory Ihmels, Duane Sorenson, Stacey Cesler, Wendy Dillinger, Christie Mertens, and Armando Espinosa how about any of them? Only a few of our non-revenue sports have had solid success. The only coaches who I could see going anywhere would be CJL and Christie Mertens. Ihmels is an ISU grad, Dillinger hasn't had a ton of success, neither has Cesler, Sorenson, or Espinosa and they are in sports not played by all college.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 17,711, Level: 40
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    915
    Points
    17,711
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: CW-WHAT WOULD OUR COACHES CHOICE BE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Three4Cy View Post
    Where's Kevin Jackson going to go? Cory Ihmels, Duane Sorenson, Stacey Cesler, Wendy Dillinger, Christie Mertens, and Armando Espinosa how about any of them? Only a few of our non-revenue sports have had solid success. The only coaches who I could see going anywhere would be CJL and Christie Mertens. Ihmels is an ISU grad, Dillinger hasn't had a ton of success, neither has Cesler, Sorenson, or Espinosa and they are in sports not played by all college.
    How are you going to pay them? And you failed to mention PR, BF, Christy and Fred?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM