Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Paypack to the Big 8?

I am curious as to why there appears to be so much hatred toward the Big 10 for starting the latest round of conference realignment? Can Mizzo, KU, KSU, and ISU really complain? Isn't it pretty similiar to what happened in 96 when the Big 8 broke up the SWC? I am sure Houston, TCU, SMU, and Rice where happy that they left what was at the time a power conference.

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 174

Re: Paypack to the Big 8?

Paypack?? what the hell is that?

All-Star
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,167
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Scotttyd View Post
    I am curious as to why there appears to be so much hatred toward the Big 10 for starting the latest round of conference realignment? Can Mizzo, KU, KSU, and ISU really complain? Isn't it pretty similiar to what happened in 96 when the Big 8 broke up the SWC? I am sure Houston, TCU, SMU, and Rice where happy that they left what was at the time a power conference.

Trolli-trolli-troll!

Prospect
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by helechopper View Post
    Trolli-trolli-troll!
    not trolling, just pointing out a obvious fact. I heard Beano Cook on ESPN claiming the Big 10 was some evil villian in all of this. One cannot ***** when karma comes home to rost. The Big 10/Pac 10 is doing nothing different than the Big 8 did 15 years ago.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 732
    Given: 497

Apparently you don't know your history. The SWC was LONG broken up before the Big 8 came around to pick up the pieces. And the Big 8 had nothing to do with it - it was it was the corruption of the conference and particularly the smaller schools (especially SMU and TCU, and ironically, not Texas or A&M) that caused its bankruptcy and its demise. In fact, the writing of the SWC's demise was on the wall when Arkansas left the conference for the SEC.

While the Big 8 saw what was coming in the future with the SEC, at the time the Big 8 didn't NEED to pick up the Texas schools - but they did. Their mistake in the process was allowing the southern schools far too much power. In fact, with Baylor being a sticking point, perhaps the Northern schools should have leveraged that against the Texas schools and helped retain some of the power in the North. But the Northern schools were blinded by the dollar signs in their eyes. In fact, it was predicted at the time of the formation that this was going to be the exact result of the conference. At first it was great, but then the Texas schools realized the power that they were wielding. The offices being moved to Dallas should have been a clear sign that things were coming undone.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

not trolling, just pointing out a obvious fact. I heard Beano Cook on ESPN claiming the Big 10 was some evil villian in all of this. One cannot ***** when karma comes home to rost. The Big 10/Pac 10 is doing nothing different than the Big 8 did 15 years ago.
    Texas was the one who initiated that, the big 8 just went along. Texas and Ohio State are similar institutions, but Ohio State has a sense of commitment and loyalty when it comes to the other schools it associates with. Texas cares about Texas, that's why whatever conference they end up in, better start the doomsay clock, because it's just a matter of time.

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 732
    Given: 497

Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    Fixed for accuracy. Try again.
    If you're going to call someone out in inaccuracies, you'd better be accurate in your blame. It wasn't Texas that broke that thing up, it was the corruption by the SMALLER schools in that conference.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    If you're going to call someone out in inaccuracies, you'd better be accurate in your blame. It wasn't Texas that broke that thing up, it was the corruption by the SMALLER schools in that conference.
    Texas just didn't get caught.

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

Starter
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

It seems like the Pac 10 is the biggest to blame here. They are the ones who have made it obvious they are looking at multiple Big 12 schools. The only school the Big 10 has shown interest in so far is Nebraska. They have stopped there and are not trying to purge anymore Big 12 teams (as far as we know). I personally have to place the majority of the blame on the Pac 10 as they have made it no secret they want half of the Big 12.