Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 7,344, Level: 25
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    138
    Points
    7,344
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up


  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 22,737, Level: 46
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    sunnysideup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Metro
    Posts
    1,304
    Points
    22,737
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 40

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Merge this please...


    Yeah TOAST!!!

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 34,395, Level: 57
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,055
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    istater7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,730
    Points
    34,395
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    Merge this please...
    that other thread got closed



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 34,395, Level: 57
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,055
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    istater7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,730
    Points
    34,395
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    what i dont understand is how there would be "scheduling conflicts". wouldnt iowa still play the same amount of conference games no matter how many teams join the big (enter number here)? you still play at least three non-conf games..this makes no sense!



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 17,190, Level: 39
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,578
    Points
    17,190
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    The big 12 going poof and the iowa game is your worry? No wonder we get grief from their fans about the iowa vs iowa state rivalry



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 26,713, Level: 50
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    rhillary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    1,966
    Points
    26,713
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Quote Originally Posted by istater7 View Post
    what i dont understand is how there would be "scheduling conflicts". wouldnt iowa still play the same amount of conference games no matter how many teams join the big (enter number here)? you still play at least three non-conf games..this makes no sense!
    That is all just fancy talk for "Look, we just got a harder Big 10 and this game just got more dangerous with ISU now looking CUSA in the face. We would really have nothing to gain and everything to lose so we would not want to play this game anymore". There is absolutely no "scheduling conflict" that couldn't be worked out if they wanted to....they just won't want to and I can kind of see there point...


    Yep, this thread has just been pwned.

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 64,940, Level: 79
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,510
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,427
    Points
    64,940
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 0

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Personally, I don't give two ***** if we continue to play Iowa or not. Is it a fun game early in the season? Sure. But I won't lose sleep or shed a tear if they get replaced with someone else.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 355,820, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,897
    Points
    355,820
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 38

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    That's fine. We can find someone to play us. We are perceived as a doormat so I am sure a big program would like to play us. I just want JP to make sure he makes it very clear in public that Iowa doesn't want to play this because now they know we can beat them, not because it is scheduling.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 26,713, Level: 50
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    rhillary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    1,966
    Points
    26,713
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    That's fine. We can find someone to play us. We are perceived as a doormat so I am sure a big program would like to play us. I just want JP to make sure he makes it very clear in public that Iowa doesn't want to play this because now they know we can beat them, not because it is scheduling.
    I don't think we have to worry about JP bringing this up!


    Yep, this thread has just been pwned.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 34,395, Level: 57
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,055
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    istater7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,730
    Points
    34,395
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    That's fine. We can find someone to play us. We are perceived as a doormat so I am sure a big program would like to play us. I just want JP to make sure he makes it very clear in public that Iowa doesn't want to play this because now they know we can beat them, not because it is scheduling.
    maybe..a former b12 team? kstate, mizzou, nebraska..all kind of rivals..especially kstate with the "farmageddon" thing in KC



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 103,918, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    vmbplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,447
    Points
    103,918
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Did anyone even actually read the article. 90% is about how it makes sense to keep going. 1% is about how there is a clause in the contract that could be exercised if necessary and 9% is the Register trying to make it more than it actually is.


    "Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

  12. #12
    Walk On
    Points: 8,362, Level: 27
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    222
    Points
    8,362
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Quote Originally Posted by vmbplayer View Post
    Did anyone even actually read the article. 90% is about how it makes sense to keep going. 1% is about how there is a clause in the contract that could be exercised if necessary and 9% is the Register trying to make it more than it actually is.
    Exactly, most of it is Barta saying there is no reason to think it won't continue right now.

    You can tell the rest of the interview was the Register just going "yeah, but.. yeah, but... yeah, but.." until they got the scenario with the answer they were looking for.

    Register: "Yeah, but Gary, what happens if the Big Ten requires you to play 17 conference games a year?"

    Barta: "Well, yeah, I suppose then we would have to stop playing ISU."



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 391,300, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,102
    Points
    391,300
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 258

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy85 View Post
    Exactly, most of it is Barta saying there is no reason to think it won't continue right now.

    You can tell the rest of the interview was the Register just going "yeah, but.. yeah, but... yeah, but.." until they got the scenario with the answer they were looking for.

    Register: "Yeah, but Gary, what happens if the Big Ten requires you to play 17 conference games a year?"

    Barta: "Well, yeah, I suppose then we would have to stop playing ISU."
    Lets translate Barta talk: If ISU is stuck in a lesser conference and goes downhill, we do not need to risk our bowl to play them.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 103,918, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    vmbplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,447
    Points
    103,918
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Lets translate Barta talk: If ISU is stuck in a lesser conference and goes downhill, we do not need to risk our bowl to play them.
    Wow, not how I read that at all. Seeing as he goes out of his way to say culturally and financially it makes sense to continue. And only brings up canceling the series after being repeatedly asked by a rag writer who is trying to make a story out of NOTHING.


    "Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 391,300, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,102
    Points
    391,300
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 258

    Re: Oh Oh ... I don't like how this is setting up

    Quote Originally Posted by vmbplayer View Post
    Wow, not how I read that at all. Seeing as he goes out of his way to say culturally and financially it makes sense to continue. And only brings up canceling the series after being repeatedly asked by a rag writer who is trying to make a story out of NOTHING.
    Looks like you so not uunderstand the ramifications if we are stuck in the WAC. We would not be worth the risk to play culture or not.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM