Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 3

My Conspiracy Theory

Ok, let me get my longwinded master plan scenario out here. Who controls the future of the Big 12? UT. No one can doubt that. Who is UT's biggest detractor? Nebraska. They are the only real political opponent for the Longhorns. So lets get conspiracy theorizing.

Nebraska, once a candidate that was thought to be behind Mizzou on the Big 10 wish list leapfrogs them, and Mizzou drops off the table. This maneuver eliminates Texas's biggest opponent at conference meetings. How they managed it was beyond me(nude photos of Mizzou on the web?).

Texas will not go to the PAC unless a bomb drops on the Big 12 HQ, and the PAC 10 has offered no more invitations other than the one to CU, which has been known about for some time. This is collateral damage when CU left, and not integral to what UT wants. UT wants more than anything to control their own situation(ie conference) and they could not do that in the PAC 10.

Now who else in the Big 12 could stop them from running the new show? OU needs Texas more than Texas needs them(recruiting and the population base of Texas). TTU is practically in another state if you look on the map. Baylor's situation is actually worse than ours, and the other members look to be hangers on. Except for Texas A/M. And they have been talking with them all week.

In summation, the Big 12 will become 10, the TV deals will get somewhat better, and the little schools like us will be grateful enough to allow UT to start the Longhorn network, and get a small cut of the profits from it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: My Conspiracy Theory

How can you say the Pac Ten hasn't made any additional offers? No offers have been confirmed until they have been accepted. They have made the offers and they will be accepted. You are smoking crack if you think the Big 12 isn't done.

I'm on twitter @mookjnsn ... me, not her.

Starter
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Ok, let me get my longwinded master plan scenario out here. Who controls the future of the Big 12? UT. No one can doubt that. Who is UT's biggest detractor? Nebraska. They are the only real political opponent for the Longhorns. So lets get conspiracy theorizing.

Nebraska, once a candidate that was thought to be behind Mizzou on the Big 10 wish list leapfrogs them, and Mizzou drops off the table. This maneuver eliminates Texas's biggest opponent at conference meetings. How they managed it was beyond me(nude photos of Mizzou on the web?).

Texas will not go to the PAC unless a bomb drops on the Big 12 HQ, and the PAC 10 has offered no more invitations other than the one to CU, which has been known about for some time. This is collateral damage when CU left, and not integral to what UT wants. UT wants more than anything to control their own situation(ie conference) and they could not do that in the PAC 10.

Now who else in the Big 12 could stop them from running the new show? OU needs Texas more than Texas needs them(recruiting and the population base of Texas). TTU is practically in another state if you look on the map. Baylor's situation is actually worse than ours, and the other members look to be hangers on. Except for Texas A/M. And they have been talking with them all week.

In summation, the Big 12 will become 10, the TV deals will get somewhat better, and the little schools like us will be grateful enough to allow UT to start the Longhorn network, and get a small cut of the profits from it.
    This is funny! I wrote this almost exact same senario to a friend of mine who posted it on Hawkeye Nation this morning. I had almost the exact same thoughts. However, I think Texas didn't realize how quickly other conferences would be willing to eat up other Big 12 teams, and now they are actually scrambling trying to figure out what is best for them.

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

I think Al Qaida might be behind it in some way or form... just speculating...

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 720
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MookInLincoln View Post
    How can you say the Pac Ten hasn't made any additional offers? No offers have been confirmed until they have been accepted. They have made the offers and they will be accepted. You are smoking crack if you think the Big 12 isn't done.
    I am saying it because Larry Scott said it in a newspaper article. He said they are considering other schools, but would be okay if the PAC 10 stopped at 11 as well. There is another article on this. I refuse to use orangebloods.com's unnamed sources until someone throws some backing behind it.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 325

Unless, of course, the workings with the Big East are legit and it's a better deal than what Texas is leaving on the table for us. Then we suddenly have power over Texas - we don't have to be grateful enough to allow UT to start their own network and give us slave labor from their lavish profits as the Big East's deal could be better.

IF... IF this conspiracy theory has any teeth to it, Texas working the system the way they have could have put them behind the 8 ball. They'll land on their feet, but whatever that is they won't be able to manipulate that situation the way they have this conference. At least initially...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 342
    Given: 268

I am saying it because Larry Scott said it in a newspaper article. He said they are considering other schools, but would be okay if the PAC 10 stopped at 11 as well. There is another article on this. I refuse to use orangebloods.com's unnamed sources until someone throws some backing behind it.
    Stopping at 11 would be supremely stupid.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Starter
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Stopping at 11 would be supremely stupid.
    Agreed, stopping at 11 gives them absolutely nothing. No champ game, no divisions, no athletic upgrade, no academic upgrade. just the denver market which isn't that big of deal since its colorado.

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 720
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by galactawitz View Post
    Agreed, stopping at 11 gives them absolutely nothing. No champ game, no divisions, no athletic upgrade, no academic upgrade. just the denver market which isn't that big of deal since its colorado.
    I know this as well, but all the real news sources say the PAC 10 does not want a championship game. They want a clear cut path to the BCS title game, like OSU has had when they run the table in their conference.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 2

Nebraska votes with Texas on revenue sharing, etc, they lost more of an ally than a nemesis.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
    Nebraska votes with Texas on revenue sharing, etc, they lost more of an ally than a nemesis.
    I think of this every time they bring up all the 11-1 votes they faced

I'm on twitter @mookjnsn ... me, not her.

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 17

Here's my conspiracy theory: A&M is playing hardball with Texas, so Texas will have to force their hand on Tuesday when they announce they are going to the PAC-11. But little did Texas know, that OK, OK St, A&M, and Tech have been conspiring to stay in the Big 12 and get rid of the two teams with the biggest mouths. Texas is stuck in the PAC-12 and the Big 12 (and Nebraska to an extent) laugh at their misfortune.

Addict
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 31

Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    Here's my conspiracy theory: A&M is playing hardball with Texas, so Texas will have to force their hand on Tuesday when they announce they are going to the PAC-11. But little did Texas know, that OK, OK St, A&M, and Tech have been conspiring to stay in the Big 12 and get rid of the two teams with the biggest mouths. Texas is stuck in the PAC-12 and the Big 12 (and Nebraska to an extent) laugh at their misfortune.
    Exactly. Why would OU, Okie St., A&M, and Tech choose to have more of the same, but in a bigger conference where they can be marginalized even further? Maybe that is not entirely the case with OU, but with the others it certainly is.

I would love for Texas to leave for the PAC10 all by itself while the others decide to say put. That would certainly open the door up to get this conference back on track and model it more after the revenue sharing of the Big10. Like it or not, the Big10 model works. This is not possible with the likes of Texas being on the roster.

Add TCU and a couple other schools to get back to 12 or maybe even keep it at 10 or 11 and we'd most likely, individually and as a conference, be better off.

Addict
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

Even more conspiracy theory for you. I just found out Cael new this move might be coming before he left.

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Legend
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 268

Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    Even more conspiracy theory for you. I just found out Cael new this move might be coming before he left.
    Sounds legit. It has been on the horizon for a few years. Once corporations like Mediacom caved in, it was a mater of time. Who though it would happen so soon? I guess Cael.