Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 268

Does ISU want UT and A$M to the Big 10?

Short of ISU in the Big 10, I think it is best for ISU if UT stops toying with Delaney, and goes to the Big 10 (and takes A$M with them). That brings Big Television to 14. Hopefully that leaves OSU, OU, and TT for the SEC (although I am afraid they would look to the Pac-10, as this has been rumored).

Would those moves force ND to Big Telly? I hope not, but it is not a huge deal imo as it is better them then a Big East Team with football. Does Big Telly try to go to 16?

What does the ACC do? If TV sets matter as much as we are told, a 12 team Big East football conference with its own network should be able to hold its own.
    Hopefully the SEC is filled.

I think this may come down to whether the Pac-10 goes past 12.

Starter
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 11

Re: Does ISU want UT and A$M to the Big 10?

This scenario would defiantly pull the cogs out of the realignment wheels. I can't see the Pac 10 expanding further into Big XII territory unless they come away with Texas. And I don't think the SEC, ACC, or Big East are looking to expand unless they absolutely have to.

The Big 10 is the driving force behind expansion mania and if it gets its chunk of meat I think things will quiet down.

The irony of Nebraska running away from Texas only to have Texas follow it into the same conference and (probably the same division) would also be stupendous.

The Big 10 "west" would turn into a lovely sanitized container for all my least favorite schools (Texas, Nebraska, and Iowa). It would be like Fox news. You could turn in periodically to watch the circus, and then switch channels and feel a lot better about yourself.

I am all for it.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 29

I personally would laugh at it. Nebraska gets what they deserve and the iowa fans who have been yucking it up over this whole thing get a big ol' dose of reality. And then Texas single handedly destroys that conference with their greed and arrogance.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 268

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    I personally would laugh at it. Nebraska gets what they deserve and the iowa fans who have been yucking it up over this whole thing get a big ol' dose of reality. And then Texas single handedly destroys that conference with their greed and arrogance.
    This brings up another scenario for ISU. I think UN-L is gone, but maybe UT does not want to break-up the Big 12, for many reasons. The remaining Big 12 and the Pac-11 join up for that Pac-2(?) TV alliance.

I do not see UT threating to go to Big Telly scaring UN-L back. If UN-L does not like being with UT, wouldn't it be easier to handle ($$) while being in Big Telly?

Last edited by swarthmoreCY; 06-11-2010 at 01:51 AM.

Walk On
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 24

I won't miss any of the southern division teams. I will be glad to see them gone. I think we will thrive wherever we land. This is like seeing the Berlin Wall come down and the Soviet Block end. No more economic and athletic domination by our Texas masters. On a side note, wouldn't it be sweet to see Texas play in Minnesota or Wisconsin in late November and maybe see Iowa play in Texas on a 100 degree day in Texas.