Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 2,345, Level: 13
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Saranac, MI
    Posts
    20
    Points
    2,345
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    If the Big 12 does crumble, there is a lot of options for the Cyclones. First, the Big 10. The next best thing for ISU because of the whole BCS conference thing and the fact that our 2 rivals will be there, in Iowa and Nebraska. I think Iowa State offers a lot to the Big 10. So we don't excel in football, yet. There is more to it than football. Our fans travel better than most, we first first class facilities and there is some great tradition at Iowa State. Second, I have heard the Mountain West. I think that if ISU, KU, KSU, and Baylor/Mizzou join and they add Boise St...and with TCU, Utah, and BYU that would be a decent conference. But what if those MWC schools and Boise join us and we have a New Big 12 East and West. ISU, KU, KSU, Mizzou, and Baylor in the East and TCU, Utah, BYU, Boise St, and Fresno St. and/or Air Force in the West. I know we would need a couple more teams to make the 12. But then we could keep BCS status. I mean look at the Big East?!?! No true powerhouse there either. I guess that would be second and third. Ok, Fourth. The MAC or C-USA. Both conferences are mid majors, but hey like Tron said, "Do you want to get beat up by Texas and Oklahoma regularly or the possibility of going 9-3 every season?" I mean the bowl games we have been going to the last 10 years havent been anything other than Mid Major bowl games anyways and we are happy about our bowl games, right? This is very confusing, and I am just venting out loud here, but hey, I am a Cyclone and I don't want to be left out.



    I just want to ask.....Why is Missouri receiving looks from the Big 10 and not us? What do they offer over Iowa State? Football??? Not really...Basketball??? Nope....Wrestling??? Ha Ha....Not a chance.....Academics??? Nope......Rivalries? Not that either?.....So really what is the Big 10 looking at?



  2. #2
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    870
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonefan20 View Post
    If the Big 12 does crumble, there is a lot of options for the Cyclones. First, the Big 10. The next best thing for ISU because of the whole BCS conference thing and the fact that our 2 rivals will be there, in Iowa and Nebraska. I think Iowa State offers a lot to the Big 10. So we don't excel in football, yet. There is more to it than football. Our fans travel better than most, we first first class facilities and there is some great tradition at Iowa State. Second, I have heard the Mountain West. I think that if ISU, KU, KSU, and Baylor/Mizzou join and they add Boise St...and with TCU, Utah, and BYU that would be a decent conference. But what if those MWC schools and Boise join us and we have a New Big 12 East and West. ISU, KU, KSU, Mizzou, and Baylor in the East and TCU, Utah, BYU, Boise St, and Fresno St. and/or Air Force in the West. I know we would need a couple more teams to make the 12. But then we could keep BCS status. I mean look at the Big East?!?! No true powerhouse there either. I guess that would be second and third. Ok, Fourth. The MAC or C-USA. Both conferences are mid majors, but hey like Tron said, "Do you want to get beat up by Texas and Oklahoma regularly or the possibility of going 9-3 every season?" I mean the bowl games we have been going to the last 10 years havent been anything other than Mid Major bowl games anyways and we are happy about our bowl games, right? This is very confusing, and I am just venting out loud here, but hey, I am a Cyclone and I don't want to be left out.



    I just want to ask.....Why is Missouri receiving looks from the Big 10 and not us? What do they offer over Iowa State? Football??? Not really...Basketball??? Nope....Wrestling??? Ha Ha....Not a chance.....Academics??? Nope......Rivalries? Not that either?.....So really what is the Big 10 looking at?
    I really don't see in your scenario of a new Big 12 with the addition of the Mountain West teams of Iowa State possibly going 9-3 in football every year. We couldn't even win at UNLV a couple of years ago when they were terrible.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 431,553, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,770
    Points
    431,553
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 14

    Re: Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonefan20 View Post
    I just want to ask.....Why is Missouri receiving looks from the Big 10 and not us? What do they offer over Iowa State? Football??? Not really...Basketball??? Nope....Wrestling??? Ha Ha....Not a chance.....Academics??? Nope......Rivalries? Not that either?.....So really what is the Big 10 looking at?
    I dunno, St. Louis....Kansas City...



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 59,710, Level: 75
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyched's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,504
    Points
    59,710
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 47

    Re: Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    Quote Originally Posted by hursts View Post
    I really don't see in your scenario of a new Big 12 with the addition of the Mountain West teams of Iowa State possibly going 9-3 in football every year. We couldn't even win at UNLV a couple of years ago when they were terrible.


    Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    LOL ya right. If we win 9 games, I'll wax my entire body.

  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 14,865, Level: 37
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 785
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    691
    Points
    14,865
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 18

    Re: Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    Quote Originally Posted by hursts View Post
    I really don't see in your scenario of a new Big 12 with the addition of the Mountain West teams of Iowa State possibly going 9-3 in football every year. We couldn't even win at UNLV a couple of years ago when they were terrible.
    Pollard hasn't been asleep at the switch. He'll have a plan and we'll hear about it soon. All will be well.



  6. #6
    Walk On
    Points: 9,667, Level: 29
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    220
    Points
    9,667
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    This years football schedule features teams from the following conferences-

    Big 12
    Big 10
    Mt. West
    MAC
    MVC

    Any of those conferences could be our new home in three years.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 91,980, Level: 94
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,170
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,904
    Points
    91,980
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 149

    Re: Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    Big 10 does not want anyone else from the big 12 except Texas. Missouri is not going to the Big 10 either. Missouri was a back up plan if Texas, Nebraska, and especially Notre Dame didn't join. Missouri brings their states t.v markets, mainly Kansas City and St Louis. Iowa State does not help the Big 10 in any way. They already have the Iowa market. The reason the Big 10 has wanted to expand is for more money and bigger markets. It has nothing to do with geographic location. Iowa State is going to be the one team that ends up getting ****ed out of all of this. We are going to have to settle for a mid-major conference. I hope that doesn't happen, but it seems eminent.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,469, Level: 77
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ficklone02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    3,907
    Points
    62,469
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

    Re: Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    I think the thing that hurts Mizzou in the eyes of the Big 10 is that St Louis is already largely a Big 10 market due to the presence of Illini fans.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 38,621, Level: 60
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 429
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,369
    Points
    38,621
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 31

    Re: Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    Quote Originally Posted by cyson View Post
    Pollard hasn't been asleep at the switch.
    i agree

    Quote Originally Posted by cyson View Post
    He'll have a plan and we'll hear about it soon.
    i agree

    Quote Originally Posted by cyson View Post
    All will be well.
    i disagree. no matter what he has planned and how creative that plan is, we are going to be hung out to dry. it wont be JPs fault, no plan would pull us out of this situation we are being forced into.


    Husker Hater

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 97,414, Level: 97
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,636
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,877
    Points
    97,414
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 27

    Re: Ok, So if it all breaks down......

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonefan20 View Post

    I just want to ask.....Why is Missouri receiving looks from the Big 10 and not us? What do they offer over Iowa State? Football??? Not really...Basketball??? Nope....Wrestling??? Ha Ha....Not a chance.....Academics??? Nope......Rivalries? Not that either?.....So really what is the Big 10 looking at?
    same thing they always are looking at these days = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM