Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 39,118, Level: 61
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,617
    Points
    39,118
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2

    Recruiting through 2013

    anybody else sick of worrying about conference @#$%!

    With the big class in 10 and most likely another large
    class in 11 recruiting looks like we'll be able to focus on
    big targets that we actually have a shot at in 12 and 13.
    Provided Fred turns around the premature departures
    I can see the possibility of a very solid future for ISU BB.

    Post Players C/PF
    10 class of Railey, McKnight, Godfrey and a possible Euro
    11 need a back to the basket post(replaces JVB not that he is)
    12 Woodbury please Woodbury
    13 only if someone leaves

    Small Forward
    10 Ejim
    11 Cook and Uthoff? Uthoff is a shooter that we need at this spot
    but he or Cook will need to be able to play the 4 to justify
    carrying 3 SFs.
    12 no need
    13 Jok if he keeps growing

    Guards
    11 odunsi and Guyn(replace DG and Anderson)
    12 Paige and a SG (lose Phillips and SC)
    13 Jok either spot (SG/SF) he's the guy(lose Babb)

    I don't know for certain that these are our #1 targets but it
    would make for an exciting future in Hilton.


    Last edited by Cyforce; 06-10-2010 at 02:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 58,649, Level: 75
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CloneState1028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,273
    Points
    58,649
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruiting through 2013

    This whole recruiting topic is directly tied to the realignment, though. So as much as I want to get away from talking about it, it's all very important.



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 26,851, Level: 50
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    904
    Points
    26,851
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruiting through 2013

    Recruiting the next few years actually resides in the hands of Iowans. First, is Freddy; you got to learn how to seal the deal and keep the good players at home. If Mr. Hoiberg can close the deal on the following players ISU will be in good shape regardless of what conference we play in. 1) Uthoff 2) Paige 3) Woodbury 4) Jok



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 253,598, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,408
    Points
    253,598
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 384
    Given: 348

    Re: Recruiting through 2013

    Surely you understand that those 4 that you listed will probably want to play in a major conference.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 39,118, Level: 61
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,617
    Points
    39,118
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2

    Re: Recruiting through 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    Surely you understand that those 4 that you listed will probably want to play in a major conference.
    I don't think there's any question that we'll be in a major conference as far
    as BB goes as long as we can stay hitched to Kansas.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 132,633, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,350
    Points
    132,633
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 7

    Re: Recruiting through 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    anybody else sick of worrying about conference @#$%!

    With the big class in 10 and most likely another large
    class in 11 recruiting looks like we'll be able to focus on
    big targets that we actually have a shot at in 12 and 13.
    Provided Fred turns around the premature departures
    I can see the possibility of a very solid future for ISU BB.

    Post Players C/PF
    10 class of Railey, McKnight, Godfrey and a possible Euro
    11 need a back to the basket post(replaces JVB not that he is)
    12 Woodbury please Woodbury
    13 only if someone leaves

    Small Forward
    10 Ejim
    11 Cook and Uthoff? Uthoff is a shooter that we need at this spot
    but he or Cook will need to be able to play the 4 to justify
    carrying 3 SFs.
    12 no need
    13 Jok if he keeps growing

    Guards
    11 odunsi and Guyn(replace DG and Anderson)
    12 Paige and a SG (lose Phillips and SC)
    13 Jok either spot (SG/SF) he's the guy(lose Babb)

    I don't know for certain that these are our #1 targets but it
    would make for an exciting future in Hilton.
    Jok doesn't need to grow...he's 6'5", plenty tall for the wing position...he has really become more perimeter oriented lately.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 39,118, Level: 61
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,617
    Points
    39,118
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2

    Re: Recruiting through 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Jok doesn't need to grow...he's 6'5", plenty tall for the wing position...he has really become more perimeter oriented lately.
    But at 6-7 or so he'll most likely be a 3 not a 2.
    either way we want and need him.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 17,116, Level: 39
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    898
    Points
    17,116
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruiting through 2013

    I would be totally surprised if we sign anyone with D1 potential until we find out were we land in a BCS conference or not. If not, then we sign no one and things really change when it comes to the type of athlete we go after. We will be on the same level as UNI when it comes to recruiting. That's if we have any coaches left.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 253,598, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,408
    Points
    253,598
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 384
    Given: 348

    Re: Recruiting through 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by moforisu View Post
    I would be totally surprised if we sign anyone with D1 potential until we find out were we land in a BCS conference or not. If not, then we sign no one and things really change when it comes to the type of athlete we go after. We will be on the same level as UNI when it comes to recruiting. That's if we have any coaches left.
    I doubt that there will be many commitments to anyone until things shake out. Big 10 teams, of course, may get some.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM